Votes: 71 30.0%
  • Maybe if they start from the bottom up

Votes: 45 19.0%
  • We should just have a UK league.

Votes: 45 19.0%

• Total voters

Kris

Reaction score
I just want to know what everyone else thinks on the subject? Every 4-5 months it gets brought back up and people repeat the same thing over and over.

The Glasgow clubs moving to England would be a great financial benefit for both them and the clubs they will be playing. Old Firm fans travel in there masses to both home and away games and i would bet my bottom dollar they would send 5-6k fans to every away game and maybe more for the bigger games.

Alot of people will say...English league...English teams but then why are Cardiff and Swansea there?

How would the Scottish game cope? Sure it would be one of the most competitive league's around but the sponsorship money and tv money would fall as would our UEFA Co Eff's

Or should they be added in league two ? What do you think?

I reckon it would make the Scottish league alot more interesting but I don't know if they would stand too much chance in the Prem with the top 4 or even Villa, Tottenham and Man City...

Your right they might struggle until the money really comes in...but with the right tv money they would be up there challenging within a few years

to be fair in teams to all divisions of the English leagues i would have to say they would have to start in League 2. But the way i look at it if they win the Scottish Prem with a place in europe year in year out, i believe if they went into the English leagues they would find it difficult to get into europe which means they would just make the same amount of money in either league.

i think they should just celtic and rangers because they are the best

i cba to go to scotland to see man utd play so no.

i cba to go to scotland to see man utd play so no.
True, I don't think England teams would prefer it because of having to go to Scotland for some games, plus it would be hard for the Rangers and Celtic fans to keep coming over to England every week or so to see 90 minutes of football.

I voted for UK league but I'm a little torn as it is the ENGLISH premiership for a reason. Yet Swansea and Cardiff have been playing down there for years and Cardiff could get promoted in the next 3/4 years imo. I also think it's unfair to put them straight into the prem or the Championship, but why would they leave just to go into League 2?? Very interesting thread, looking forward to some more responses.

P.S. On the Daily Mirror website yesterday:
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...ier-League-within-10-years-article183991.html

plus it would be hard for the Rangers and Celtic fans to keep coming over to England every week or so to see 90 minutes of football.

Not much harder than some of the trips fans make as it is. It only takes a few hours by train to travel from one end of the country to the other, or they could always fly.

Not much harder than some of the trips fans make as it is. It only takes a few hours by train to travel from one end of the country to the other, or they could always fly.

Exactly. My mate goes to Ireland to see his mum every 2-3 weeks on a £2 return flight.

Fair enough, I thought it would of cost more for that trip, my bad.

Berwick Rangers are based in England yet play is the Scottish Football Leaugues, and the now bankrupt Gretna were English too.

I say you's should allow us to work up from leaugue 1. Then if we fail to reach premiership in a few years what the problem. We will be there eventually.

Rangers and Celtic fans are some of the best in Europe and they defiantely wouldnt mind coming down South to watch their team player.

The only way Celtic or Rangers could get to the premier league is if they went up the right way i.e through the BSN BSP L2 L1 Championship and the leagues you have to go through before BSN, I'm surprised they haven't tried to put a reserve team of lower league English tier and then once they got to L1/Championship, they could reform and send all there players to the team they created five or six years ago, my theory is probably not allowed though. Cardiff and Swansea are part of Wales but they joined the English FA more than 100 years ago, back then, Wales would of been considered as part of England and in some cases still is.

One problem about Celtic and Rangers coming into England's leagues is that whatever league they go in below the Premier League, it's gonna make it twice as hard for the other teams in that division to get promotion etc, just a thought, anyone agree? :)

i think it would be pretty good to see them in the english league.

Yeah I think it would be good, but it could cause problems for other teams looking for promotion in what ever league they start in if they came.

Introducing them both straight into the Premiership seems fair to me. While the FA are re-jigging things around they might as well reduce it down to 18 teams too and solve the fixture congestion problem while they're at it.

The Scottish in general dont like us English,why the **** should we allow them to play in our League? we dont need them,only they will benefit really.The fact Scotland has such a weak domestic League is not England's problem.Scottish football in general needs a re-shuffle and a ****** good sort out.

The Scottish in general dont like us English,why the **** should we allow them to play in our League? we dont need them,only they will benefit really.The fact Scotland has such a weak domestic League is not England's problem.Scottish football in general needs a re-shuffle and a ****** good sort out.
Lol true