The OMGAWD Rooney signs new 5 year contract thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 254
  • Views Views 16K
i for one am very glad it got all sorted out in the right way rooney you have got to re pay ferguson now with goals

It's part of George Osborne's economic plan, trying to get as much money from income tax as possible

No hoax it's on the BBC website. The big question is - Do Utd need Rooney more than Rooney needs Utd. Once Fergie steps down all bets are off IMO.

I thought of selling him in FM11, now wont. Doesnt mean I'm not angry on him, but he can win over the squad, Manager so surely us.

Mannn that boy has some grovelling to do, If i were SAF i'd ban him from talking to the media till 2015 and tell him to get on with scoring!

Bet this little stunt got him an extra bit of cash on his paycheck, so he has set out and acheived what he aimed for at the start.

New contract means he doesn't have to be sold for a reduced price, should go ahead and sell him anyway now.

I actually thought he would leave.
Attention seeking basterdXD

In shock atm personally i thought he was going to leave but glad he's decided to stay. Maybe this is a sign of man utd intentions in the upcoming transfer windows?

I smell yet another clever PR stunt by Man U here. How does a player go from failing to agree a contract, announcing to the club that he wants to leave on August 14th, it all comes out 2 months later, he states publicly that he wnats to leave and will not be signing a new contract, and yet within a couple of days he signed a 5 year deal?

Do you think that maybe Utd and Rooney are trying to cover his off field problems with a smoke screen of a dramatic departure from the club and a bust up with Ferguson?

has sir alex lost his bottle?
when Beckham did something like this; he made an example of him, why not do it to rooney?

nice little negotiating tactic that's worked for him, probably got him a few grand more to an already undeservedly so high wage...

I smell yet another clever PR stunt by Man U here. How does a player go from failing to agree a contract, announcing to the club that he wants to leave on August 14th, it all comes out 2 months later, he states publicly that he wnats to leave and will not be signing a new contract, and yet within a couple of days he signed a 5 year deal?

Do you think that maybe Utd and Rooney are trying to cover his off field problems with a smoke screen of a dramatic departure from the club and a bust up with Ferguson?

To answer your question:

No.

Looks like an Ian Holloway swoop for Blackpool is now off in January :(

has sir alex lost his bottle?
when Beckham did something like this; he made an example of him, why not do it to rooney?

nice little negotiating tactic that's worked for him, probably got him a few grand more to an already undeservedly so high wage...

The thing with beckham is that man utd already had ronaldo lined up to replace him and beckham was getting old. But with rooney not many could replace him and he's only 24.

Can anyone find the photo that was on Sky Sports News just their of Rooney and Fergie afted he signed Contract want it for my Facebook photo :)

i for one am very glad it got all sorted out in the right way rooney you have got to re pay ferguson now with goals
'Sorted out in the right way'? Are you being serious?

Rooney has basically bullied SAF and United into this new contract. He's basically given them an unfair ultimatum, thinking he is bigger than the club. That is not the right way, Rooney is a ****.

The thing with beckham is that man utd already had ronaldo lined up to replace him and beckham was getting old. But with rooney not many could replace him and he's only 24.

Wasn't Beckham at his peak?

Fergie has basically just said:

No one is bigger than Manchester United, except Wayne Rooney

What a joke

Back