The other Munich

• Thread starter Thread starter GazaLaad
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 130
  • Views Views 34K
Bernard "I'm going nowhere"

1860 Munich manager has today hit out at reports linking him with the vacant West Brom managerial post. Bernard told reporters,

"I hate this, every time a job comes up peoples names just get thrown in there. Well you heard this here first I will not be leaving 1860 Munich for West Brom or anyone else for that matter."

View attachment 213122

Expectations

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard has today told the board that he can achieve a mid table finish in the coming season and he has been given a transfer budget of £2,500,000 to help him achieve that. Bernard was unavailable too comment on the transfer kitty but it is expected that he will be disappointed with the amount of money he has to spend.

View attachment 213135

Last edited:
First recruit is a free one

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake has joined 1860 Munich in a free transfer after his Wolves contract expired in the summer. The striker has played in England's highest level of football and he is brought to 1860 with high hopes as Bernard looks to bolster his attacking options.

View attachment 213161

Another Wolves striker

The second Wolves player too join 1860 Munich in recent days is Scottish striker Leigh Griffiths. The youngster has been a target for Bernard since he joined 1860 two years ago and he finally got his man today. Will Leigh Griffiths be worth the wait for Bernard and the 1860 fans.

View attachment 213162

Defender joins

Ryan Shotton has today joined 1860 Munich after his Stoke contract expired in the summer. The right sided and central defender is brought in to bolster the defense as Bernard tries to build a team that can secure a mid table finish in the Bundesliga.

View attachment 213163

Striker out

1860 Munich's all time top goal scorer Benjamin Lauth has today joined Freiberg in a deal worth £600,000 for 1860. The striker had found himself unable to break into Bernard's team over the last two seasons and has said he wants to resurrect his career after a turbulent few years.

View attachment 213164

Loan star returns

Blackburn central defender Grant Hanley has joined up with 1860 Munich for the second season running in a one year loan deal. Hanley had an impressive season last year and that is why Bernard has decided to re-sign the defender for the coming season.

View attachment 213165

Record fee received

Granada today paid £4,000,000 for Christopher Schindler in what was a deal that saw 1860 received there largest transfer fee in there history. The defender can play in any defensive position and is said to be a top German prospect for the future. Bernard said about the transfer,

"I didn't want to let him go but the club needs the money and I feel we have sufficient cover in the defensive ranks."

View attachment 213172

Clear out continues
Eke Uzoma is the latest 1860 player to be leaving the club in a deal for £1,500,000. The defensive midfielder has joined Nurnburg after he was told to find a new club by former manager Gary Bernard.

View attachment 213173

Last edited:
Rakic goes back down

Djordje Rakic has joined Frankfurt from 1860 Munich for a fee of around £1,700,000. The striker has not settled well in the Bundesliga and has now dropped back down to a level where he has proven he can score goals and fit into a team well.

View attachment 213178

Silva re-joins

Wellington Silva has re-joined 1860 for a second loan spell just like Grant Hanley as 1860 Munich's team now has an English Premier League ring to it. Silva was one of the top scorer's at 1860 last season and his manager hopes he can repeat that form heading into the new campaign.

View attachment 213179

Ex Hamburg star joins 1860

Ex Hamburg attacker has Piotr Trochowski has joined 1860 Munich from Seville for a fee believed to be around £1,700,000 for the Spanish giants. The attacker joins up with Bernard and his squad as he looks to re-build for the season ahead.

View attachment 213180

Goian joins up

A £1,000,000 deal to bring Dorin Goian to 1860 Munich from Rangers was completed today as Bernard continues to build his squad ahead of his third season in charge. Goian won the SPL with Rangers and he is now looking forward to a new challenge in a different league.

View attachment 213182

1860 Munch 1 Malaga 1
(Goian)

An even game between 1860 and Malaga today as manager Gary Bernard got the first chance to look at his new team play together. It was new defender Goian that scored the opener for 1860 but Malaga equalized before half time and it stayed 1-1. Bernard told reporters,

"We played well today. The team need time to gel and we saw that but overall I am pleased."

View attachment 213292

1860 Munch 0 Sao Paulo

A bore draw was the result today as 1860 Munich met Sao Paulo in what was the German clubs last friendly of the pre-season. Both teams canceled each other out and a draw was a fair result in the end. Bernard told reporters after the match,

"A draw is fair I feel. Now this is where the real business starts."

View attachment 213477

Last edited:
English keeper arrives

English wonder kid Alex Smithies has joined 1860 Munich from Huddersfield for a fee of £3,500,000 spread out over the next two years. 1860 have been struggling for a keeper of late and the fans have been calling for Donovan Leon to be replaced after a string of bad performances. Will Smithies fit straight into the team or will he have to wait?

View attachment 213478

German Cup Round 1

Kickers Wurzburg 0 1860 Munich 6
(Okaka x2, Griffiths, Blake, Halfar, OG)

1860 Munich marched into the second round of the German cup with a commanding win over minnows Wurzburg today.
A brace from Stefan Okaka brings his tally of goals for the one game this season to the same as it was for over fifteen appearances last season. Bernard told reporters,

"Both the new strikers grabbed themselves a goal today and I hope Okaka has now found his form. it could be an exciting season for 1860 Munich."

View attachment 213490

Is there anyone following this so I know whether to continue.... Just like this if your following or leave a quick comment cheers :)

Bayern Leverkusen 5 1860 Munich 3
(Griffiths x2. Goian)

An eight goal thriller ended inevitably with a win for expected title challengers Bayern Leverkusen today. 1860 Munich fans wont be too disheartened as there team never gave up and promising new striker Leigh Griffiths scored a brace in the season opener for Bernard and his boys. Bernard told reporters,

"We played well today and they were just too good. Well done to the lads who never gave up. I am optimistic for the season ahead."

View attachment 214673

1860 Munich 2 Dortmund 2
(Halfar. Bulow)

1860 Munich threw away a two goal lead in this match as Dortmund came back with a late goal to share the points in 1860's first home game of the season. 1860 had the better chances in the game but were unable to hold onto the lead and the fans left disappointed. Bernard told reporters,

"That was disappointing. To not win after being in total control makes the draw feel like a loss today."

View attachment 214682

Nurnberg 2 1860 Munich 2
(Okaka. Griffiths)

An end to end match which Nurnberg did have the better of saw the points shared today as again 1860 failed to hold onto a lead. Twice 1860 were ahead and twice pegged back which will be a concern for manager Gary Bernard as they have only two points from a possible nine. Bernard told reporters,

"We are disappointed yes but its an away point so we have to see the positives."

View attachment 216613

1860 Munich 2 Freiburg 1
(Blake. Trochowski)

Two goals in the last ten minutes rescued 1860 from a second defeat this season and handed Bernard and his men there first win instead. Both goals came from new signings scoring there first goals for the club after joining in the summer. Bernard told reporters after the match,

"The first win of the season is always important and now its my job and the lads job to build on this and climb the table."

View attachment 216629

Last edited:
Mainz 1 1860 Munich 1
(Griffiths)

1860 Munich made it four draws in six league games this season so far this season as they again were held this time by Mainz. 1860 did fall behind in the match but they equalized before the break through Leigh Griffiths as he continues his good form so far. Bernard told reporters,

"We played okay today and the results will come. Thats five games unbeaten but now we just need to start winning."

View attachment 216667

Injury blow

1860 Munich were rocked by the news that influential midfielder Kai Bulow will be out of action for around six months with a broken foot picked up in the 1-1 draw with Mainz. Bernard stated on the club website,

Its a blow to lose a player like Kai but we will have to push on and we will do that to ensure that when Kai does return we are in a healthy league position. This is a chance for other players like Edu for example to cement a place in the squad.

View attachment 216669

1860 Munich 1 Hertha Berlin 3
(Griffiths)

1860 Munich continued there indifferent form in the league so far this season as they lost to Berlin after dominating the match here at the Alliance Arena. Leigh Griffiths scored the only goal for 1860 as he kept his good scoring record up, but it was to no avail as Berlin got the points and left 1860 in the bottom half of the table. Bernard told reporters,

"We outplayed them today so to come away with nothing is disappointing and its becoming to regular so far this season."

View attachment 217981

Gladbach 0 1860 Munich 0

In the complete opposite from the previous match 1860 were outplayed today as they managed to hold on for a point against high flying Gladbach. Bernard told reporters after the match,

"I am speechless we were shocking out there and really didn't deserve anything from the match."

View attachment 217991

1860 Munich 1 Werder Bremen 1
(Blake)

Another draw for 1860 as they still look for there second win of the campaign. Blake scored the equalizer for 1860 after Werder took the lead and then went down to ten men. Bernard refused to comment to the press after the match but it is believed that he is far from happy with his squad after another poor display.

View attachment 217992

Bayern Munich 4 1860 Munich 1
(Blake)

Bernard is still looking for his first points against 1860 Munich's great rivals as they were blown away here today. 1860 took the lead just before the break through Blake but in the second half Bayern ran riot and take all three points. 1860 are still looking for there first win in the last five games. Bernard told reporters,

"First half we were great then second half we were very poor. Inconsistency is the main problem for us just now."

1860 Munich 4 Koln 4
(Griffiths, Gibson, Goian, OG)

Three goals down after fifteen minutes and securing a draw at full time. Sounds unreal but that's what 1860 Munich done today as manager Gary Bernard struggles to find the right tactics and approach in the league season. Bernard told reporters,

"It was a good comeback after a disastrous fifteen minutes, we need to play like we played in the second half today and we will be on to something I feel."

View attachment 218011

Last edited:
German Cup Round 2

Wolfsburg 1 1860 Munich 5
(Griffiths x2. Mateos x2. Marcone)

1860 Munich ended a six game streak without a win as they thrashed Wolfsburg to reach the third round of the German Cup. A win in the league would have been more welcomed by Bernard but he will now hope that the convincing win in the cup will push his team on for the league campaign.

View attachment 218017

Bernard talks to the press

Reporter - Ten games in to the season and you are in sitting sixteenth which is a relegation play off place, how can you improve your league form?
Bernard - We have struggled so far this season with only one league win but after the performance in the cup we can now push on from that and climb the table.

Reporter - So you can save 1860 Munich from relegation this season?
Bernard - Get this on record now, if we are relegated I will offer my resignation to the chairman.

Reporter - Will there be any changes to the formation for the next game like there was for the previous one?
Bernard - I wont disclose my tactics before any game so next question.

Reporter - Lastly what is the aim for the season now in the league and in the cup?
Bernard - I feel anything less than eighth is a step back from last season and as for the cup we take that one game at a time.

View attachment 218020

Schalke 3 1860 Munich 1
(Okaka)

1860 could not carry there cup form into the league as they slipped to a defeat at the hands of Schalke today. Okaka scored a goal once Schalke was 2-0 up but it wasn't enough and when 1860 were reduced to ten men the task looked even harder for 1860. Bernard told the media,

"This was always going to be a tough game but in the next three games we desperately need at least six points."

View attachment 218050

Bernard tells PSG "I am interested"

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard has shocked the club and there fans today as he told the press that he would be interested in the vacant position at PSG. Even if he does not get the job then many of the 1860 fans will be calling for Bernard's head anyway after this public display of lack of commitment. 1860 have been poor this season and are currently in last place in the league.

View attachment 218063

PSG laugh of Bernard interest

PSG have today told 1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard that he has no chance of getting the job at the club. Bernard will now have to face his own clubs fans as they are far from happy with there manager.

View attachment 218062

Fantastic story buddy and i'm loving the Rangers contingent at the club :)

1860 Munich 2 Furth 2
(Griffiths x2)

A last gasp penalty saved a point for 1860 Munich but it wasn't enough to lift them of the bottom of the league as there indifferent form goes on. A brace from prolific striker Leigh Griffiths was enough to get the point but the players must be disappointed with this run they are on. Bernard told reporters,

"My patience is wearing thin with the players now, there is no effort and no passion out there and there will be big changes in the coming weeks."

View attachment 218077

Hamburg 1 1860 Munich 0

Rikki Reed had a game to forget today as he scored an own goal and was sent off as his team lost again and remained bottom of the league. It was quite an even game but Hamburg had the better of the match and in the end deserved there three points. Bernard told reporters,

"What can I say the players played okay out there today but there is not enough flair in the squad and in the end we deserved to lose."

View attachment 218087

Back