GazaLaad

Reaction score
New owners sack Maurer

1860 Munich's new Jordanian owner Hasan Abdullah Ismaik has decided to terminate the contract of Reiner Maurer as they look to get 1860 back into the Bundesliga for the first time since 2004. There is no word on who will replace Maurer yet but the favorites include ex Wolfsburg manager Steve McLaren and also unknown Scottish manager Gary Bernard has been mentioned as a replacement at 1860 Munich.

View attachment 205637
Steve McLaren​

Last edited:
New sponsors revealed

Manageress 1860 Munich have today announced that British car manufacturer Aston Martin has become there new sponsor for the season ahead. Finding a sponsor was a main task for the new owners when they came in and now they have done that all they need is a manager to take the team forward in the season ahead.

View attachment 205642

Unknown Bernard appointed

There were murmurs of unrest around the Allianz Arena today as 1860 Munich chairman Hasan Abdullha Ismaik appointed unknown Scottish manager Gary Bernard on a two year deal worth £5,500 per week. Bernard has been told his minimum expectation in his first season is to gain a top half finish which has also annoyed some fans who wanted the aim to be promotion in the first season under the new owner and new manager. Bernard will give his first interview tomorrow when he is unveiled by the chairman of the club.

View attachment 205644
Gary Bernard​

Bernard unveiled

1860 Munch manager Gary Bernard speaks to the press today as he is unveiled as manager at his new club.

Reporter - You sit here as the new manager of 1860 Munich how do you feel?
Bernard - I am delighted to be the manager here and I feel I am ready to test my skills and progress with this great club.

Reporter - Do you feel your inexperience and lack of German speaking skills will be a problem here?
Bernard - No. Football is a universal language so that will not be a problem and experience is irrelevant when you have passion.

Reporter - With no transfer budget this season will you be able to meet your goal of a top half finish?
Bernard - Absolutely I feel that the club can exceed expectations and push for promotion this season but lets just see what happens.

Reporter - What would you say to the fans that are already calling for your head?
Bernard - Give me time and I will prove my worth to the fans.

Reporter - Lastly can you finally make 1860 Munich the dominant team in Germany and more importantly to the fans in Munich?
Bernard - Lets take one step at a time but I do plan to get the team back in with the big boys in the Bundesliga.

Reporter - Thank you for your time.
Bernard - Thank you, now lets get the season started.

Looks good, but you could have posted all of that in just 1 post mate :p

Bernard announces England tour

It was announced today that newly appointed 1860 manager Gary Bernard will take his team to England on a pre-season tour to get them prepared for the season ahead. 1860 Munich will start against Portsmouth before playing recently promoted Swansea and ending the tour with a match against Indian owned Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park. After there tour of England 1860 return home and play Vasco from the Brazilian first division the weekend before the season starts.

View attachment 205735

​First arrival

1860 Munich today announced the singing of ex Feyenoord attacking midfielder Luigi Bruins on a free transfer. Bruins spent 5 years at Feyenoord and scored a total of 15 goals in 89 appearances for the club. Bernard told reporters waiting to hear about the signing that,

"Bruins will add attacking options to the squad and I am glad to welcome him here. He will travel to England with us tomorrow and the fans will get a chance to see him in action during the tour."

View attachment 205747
Luigi Bruins​

Portsmouth 3 1860 Munich 1
(Rakic)

Portsmouth were just too good for an unfit 1860 side today as the German side started there pre-season under new manager Gary Bernard with a defeat at the hands of the Championship club. 1860 will have to improve greatly if they are to take anything from this tour of England.

View attachment 205751

Swansea 1 1860 Munich 3
(Rakic, Volland, Wood)

1860 bounced back from there opening game defeat with an outstanding performance against Premier League new boys Swansea in Cardiff today. A great second half display ensured a victory for the German's and now 1860 will have a bit of confidence heading into there final game of the tour against Blackburn.

View attachment 205752

Blackburn 3 1860 Munich 1
(Rukavina)

Blackburn were too good for 1860 Munich as they ended there tour the same way as they started it with a 3-1 defeat. In the first half the German's fought well and went in level but after the break Blackburn's class shine through and they were deserved winners in the end.

View attachment 205753

Bernard after the tour was over,

"I am happy with the fitness levels we achieved while here. The first game was not so good but we improved greatly from then on and I am confident that we will be ready for the new season when it starts."

When asked for his player of the tour he simply replied,

"Djordje Rakic"

View attachment 205754

1860 Munich 0 Vasco 0

1860 and Brazilian side Vasco played out a 0-0 draw this evening as 1860 played there last pre-season friendly before there domestic season starts. In an even game both sides had chances but no one could break the deadlock as they played out the game. Bernard told BBC reporters,

"We played well and we are ready for the season ahead. I am disappointed we haven't brought anyone in so far but we will keep trying and I feel that we can compete with the squad we have."

View attachment 205785

Fans welcome new signing

Malkhaz Asatiani arrived at 1860 Munich on a free transfer after his Lokomotive Moscow contract ran out at the end of last season. Asatiani has been touted as a possible star for 1860 and the fans cant wait to see there new man in action as the new season approaches.

View attachment 205789
Malkhaz Asatiani​

Last edited:
Braunschweig 0 1860 Munich 1
(Wood)

1860 Munich overcame a resilient Braunschweig side as Bernard got off to winning start as there manager. There second half display was much improved from the first half and they took the lead just after half time through substitute Wood. Bernard spoke to reporters after the match,

"We played well after the break and I am happy with the win and the three points."

View attachment 205832

1860 Munich 3 Dusseldorf 1
(Wood, Volland, Schindler)

1860 Munich produced an outstanding display as they blew away Dusseldorf and kept up there 100% record in the league after the first two games. Wood scored for the second game in a row to reward Bernard for giving him a starting slot. Volland and Schindler scored the other goals before Dusseldorf got a late consolation.

View attachment 205838

German Cup Round 1

Heidenheim 2 1860 Munich 4
(Volland, Rakic, Bruins, Feick)

1860 Munich secured there place in the second round of the German Cup with an emphatic win over third division leaders Heidenheim. The second division side went behind but they fought back and they never looked like losing after half time when they ran riot against there lower league opposition. Bernard told reporters,

"It was a good win and I am happy to still be in the competition. We want to go as far as we can in this as long as it does not start to interfere with the league campaign."

View attachment 205846

Ingolstadt 2 1860 Munich 2
(Volland, Bulow)

Gary Bernard blasted his team after there 2-2 draw today as they were 2-0 up with more than two thirds of the match gone. The result sees both teams still in the top group of the table but 1860 will be disappointed with the result as they really should have had the game won. Gary Bernard told reporters,

"That was disappointing since we were 2-0 up but at least we didn't lose. Still not happy with the way the game went."

View attachment 205863

1860 Munich 1 St Pauli 1
(Rakic)

1860 Munich had to settle for there second draw in a row as they failed to break down a stubborn St Pauli side today. Both teams had chances first half but after the break 1860 were all over there recently relegated opponents but they could not take any of there chances and the game finished all square.

View attachment 205871

Rostock 1 1860 Munich 2
(Lauth, Wood)

An injury time winner was needed for 1860 today as they struggled to overcome bottom side Rostock in an end to end division 2 match. The game was in the balance right up until the 91st minute when Lauth scored the dramatic late winner. Bernard told reporters after the game,

"We were poor today and looked off the pace. I am happy to win but the performance was well below par and must improve."

View attachment 205928

1860 Munich 1 Frankfurt 1
(Lauth)

1860 Munich missed the chance to grab top spot as they drew 1-1 with table topping Frankfurt. Both teams are still in the top three in the league and 1860 have now made that seven games without defeat this season. Gary Bernard told reporters,

"I am happy with the point and we are up there at the top so its going well"

View attachment 205936

Interview with Bernard

Reporter - So you have just had your first full month in charge of 1860 how do you feel it is going?
Bernard - Its going well I feel, we are in the top three and we have progressed and grown as a unit.

Reporter - With three wins and three draws in the league so far are you worried about inconstancy?
Bernard - Not at all. If you look at the teams we have played so far they are all up there with us. You cant win then all.

Reporter - Have you figured out your starting 11 at the club now?
Bernard - I have figured out who is in my plans but as for a starting 11 no, anyone who trains well can get a start.

Reporter - Lastly can you win the league with 1860 Munich?
Bernard - Ask me again after Christmas and I will give you an honest answer.

View attachment 205937
August League Table​

1860 Munich 2 Bochum 1
(Rakic, Stahl)

1860 battled to another win against Bochum today to keep them in contention at the top of the league table. 1860 had many chances but again failed to take most of them and they had to settle for another nervy win. Bernard told reporters after the match,

"We were good today I am happy to get the win."

View attachment 206225

Furth 2 1860 Munich 2
(Rakic, Bruins)

1860 Munich's inability to close out games haunted them again today as they drew there fourth game in the last nine after being ahead in this one. Its also the second time this season that 1860 have threw away a two goal lead. Bernard spoke to reporters after the game,

"I am not happy at all, first half we played great second half we were shocking it has to change."

View attachment 206524

Cottbus 1 1860 Munich 1
(OG)

1860 Munich manager Gary Bernard must be wondering what he has to do to get his players taking chances as they struggled again to take advantage of a match they completely dominated. 1860 are still unbeaten in the league table but they are losing sight of pace setters Frankfurt as they continue to put teams away.

View attachment 206536

Last edited:
1860 Munich 6 Duisburg 2
(Aigner x3, Rakic x2, Maier)

Changing to a 4-3-3 certainly paid off for 1860 Munich as they finally took there chances and demolished Duisburg at the Alliance Arena today. An Aigner hat-trick and a brace from Rakic helped them to there emphatic win. Maier scored the other goal. Bernard told reporters,

"We were great today. That's how I know we can play and hopefully now the players will continue this goal scoring form like we all know they can."

View attachment 206539

1860 Munich 6 Aachen 1
(Rukavina x3, Bruins, Uzoma, OG)

Gary Bernard's tactical genius has to take the credit for this turn around in fortunes as 1860 again score six this time against title rivals Aachen. Rukavina scored a hat-trick of penalties as Munich ran riot today.

View attachment 206541

September View

Interview with Bernard

Reporter - You seem to have turned things around n the last few weeks, what has changed?
Bernard - I wouldn't say turned things around, we weren't playing badly just not taking our chances.

Reporter - Is it true there have been a change in tactics for the last two matches in which you have scored twelve?
Bernard - Yes we were playing with a modified 4-4-2 but now its 4-3-3 and its worked well last two games.

Reporter - So is this the tactic that will be deployed throughout the season now?
Bernard - That depends on the opposition really but its favorable just now for obvious reasons.

Reporter - So you are eleven games in and still to lose a match how long can that last?
Bernard - I feel we are growing as a team and there is no reason our run cant continue.

Reporter - Can your team catch Frankfurt?
Bernard - Of course there is still a long way to go and no positions are secured just now we can catch them but also we can fall behind further if we don't keep concentration.

Reporter - Thank you for your time.
Bernard - No problem

View attachment 206553
September League Table​

Last edited:
Excellent layout and great story, keep up the good form and I'll keep following ;)

Aue 1 1860 Munich 4
(Lauth, Volland, Uzoma, OG)

1860 Munich kept up there good form as they blew away relegation threatened Aue to keep pressure on runaway leaders Frankfurt. Munich have now won the last three in a row since Bernard changed his tactics and if they keep up this form its hard to see them not going up.

View attachment 206807

1860 Munich 2 Karlsruhe 1
(Aigner, Bierofka)

1860 Munich moved to within a point of top spot today after battling to a 2-1 win at the Alliance Area today. Aigner and Bierkofa scored the goals after 1860 went behind to an early Karlsruhe goal. Bernard told reporters,

"We had to battle to win but we fought hard and we got the three points, Well done lads."

View attachment 206842