THE OVERACHIEVER - NORMAL TACTIC - SOUTHAMPTON 1st | BETIS 2nd

iVvzZStopQQ

Reaction score
THE OVERACHIEVER - 4-4-2 with Inside Forwards - Ultra Results!!!

View attachment 55801

Introduction

Hello guys, I want to begin this thread firstly by thanking @ChristianEriksen, I started playing with CE's PEP x BOSZ tactic, not being satisfied with its lack of domination and goals I started tweaking, thus resulting in a 4-2-4 winger tactic , the change in position, moving the deep lying playmaker to advanced forward, was his brilliant idea @Wigo15, so you could say that this was a community effort, resulting in a beautiful tactic with wingers, that makes any underdog reach the top of the table, as you will see with the prints below.

Curiosity: I was on the verge of giving up completely FM before picking CE's tactic, god **** 3 striker tactics this whole year dominating the match engine, so I swore that if I couldn't tweak the tactic, with 2 centre-backs and 2 wingers, and if the tactic performed magnificently I wouldn't leave FM. So here we are today folks, enjoy a ride through this fabulously(or not) long *** thread

Formation

View attachment 55798

As you can see, the tactic has two Inside Forwards with the support duty, aiding the forwards, since seemingly this year, the more strikers you have the better your tactic works I opted for a poacher and an advanced forward, though you can change the poacher role to either Advanced forward (attack) or false nine, the false nine role works quite good in combination with the AF but your f9 needs to have a decent defensive workrate, passing and technical attributes.

Important: use the Home version for Home games, the same applies for the Away version

If you're struggling with the home tactic use the away tactic for all games until you strengthen your team then try the home tactic, but our users seem to get results with both tactic and any team, only that the away tactic overperforms greatly if you don't have the suited players

Results

Southampton Champions 1st season (no transfers :eek:)

View attachment 55754

Betis 2nd (no transfers!! :eek:) (using home and away tactic every game)

View attachment 55753

View attachment 55752

View attachment 55751

@wori94 (4th place with union berlin in 1st season in Bundesliga)

View attachment 55720

View attachment 55719

many thanks @tony1885mfc

I went down the route of loading all my old sites on my bookmarks bar and that search for the best tactic.
Checked my old tactics folder and currently have 115 tactics in there. Nothing felt "comfortable", despite having some success, until I found these couple of tactics.

I put the home and away tactics in place a week before the start of the season, which isn't ideal but the results speak for themselves. I used them religious as intended and used instant result for every game.

View attachment 55718View attachment 55717

(2nd season with Milwall now in the PREM, simply amazing using home and away)

View attachment 55716 View attachment 55715

Training (pre-season and season)

First week always : Fitness | Match Training: Tactics

If your team is red on cohesion(in this specific order) :

Tactics - High - 3 weeks
Team Cohesion - High - 3 weeks

If your team is green on cohesion(in this specific order) :

Tactics - High - 2 weeks

Team Cohesion - High - 2 weeks

Ball Control - High - 1 week

During Season

View attachment 55783

Individual Training & Important attributes

Download Player Filters click here
(thanks @BL10)

Most important attributes have a higher case

Goalkeeper - Goalkeeper (Shot Stopping, Reflexes, Punching, One on Ones, Passing, Throwing, Communication)

Inverted Wing Backs (left & right) - (Crossing, Tackling, Marking, Passing, Speed, Stamina, Concentration, Decisions, Work rate, Positioning, Off-Ball, Vision)

Ball Playing Defenders - ( Tackling, Marking, Passing, Off-ball, Vision, First Touch, Anticipation, Bravery, Composure, Decisions, Determination, Positioning, Work-Rate, Strength, Impulsion, Heading, Stamina)

Mezzala - (Finishing, Dribbling, Passing, First-Touch, Long Shots, Composure, Anticipation, Concentration, Determination, Work-Rate, Off-Ball, Vision, Speed, Strength)

Inside Forward (left & right) - (Crossing, Finishing, Dribbling, Passing, First Touch, Long Shots, Technique, Composure, Decisions, Imprevisibility, Off Ball, Vision, Speed)

Forwards - (Finishing, Composure, Heading, Dribbling, Passing, First Touch, Decisions, Determination, Work Rate, Speed)

Last edited:
for me the away version works much better then the home one.
no need 2 switch ^^
anyway good job!

Is it also working with "great" clubs, or is it especially for underdogs?

I am fan of this formation. Surely i will try. Can u send player stats and formation ss with players?

Good one. Away against much better opponents counterattack also works.
What poacher role we can change? You have advanced forward and deep lying forward upfront in the uploaded tactics.

Last edited:
I am fan of this formation. Surely i will try. Can u send player stats and formation ss with players?

Sorry I've overwritten those saves already, but you get neat stats for all the roles since it's the whole team who plays, you'll get many team goals, but I've updated the results with other people's saves, you can check the stats there

for me the away version works much better then the home one.
no need 2 switch ^^
anyway good job!

It depends on what do you measure by "works much better", I made the home tactic so you never loose at home, it doesn't dominate as hard as the away one but it also does not let that many goals in, perfect for cup ties

ood one. Away against much better opponents counterattack also works.
What poacher role we can change? You have advanced forward and deep lying forward upfront in the uploaded tactics.

I tend not to change these roles, but you could try a Poacher - F9, or F9 - AF, depends on your strikers really

what is the preferred foot for wingers? opposite or right on right and left on left?

1st of all, thanx for the tactic, it's a good tactic as long as you don't face 4-4-2 teams, once you play against this formation you will draw or lose. Any suggestion?

1st of all, thanx for the tactic, it's a good tactic as long as you don't face 4-4-2 teams, once you play against this formation you will draw or lose. Any suggestion?

What team are you playing? You never won yet against 4-4-2 formations? I usually give more width to my team to play when I face for example atletico, they give fight but I always win against them either with Betis or Valencia 1st season, so I don't think the tactic has an issue against 4 4 2 formations

what is the preferred foot for wingers? opposite or right on right and left on left?

Doesn't matter as long as the winger has the attributes, mahrez performs superbly as a right winger with this tactic, the same for lozano on the left wing

This is so refreshing and it's so nice to watch - plays some really good fluid attacking stuff and defends well.

Many thanks for sharing and a job well done. I'll likely post results soon! :)

Do you change anything during the game (Mentality, Team Shape, Instructions, Player Roles)?

Hi, so far this is working well.

I just want to ask about the two Mezzala roles - can they be changed at all? What do they contribute?

Thanks sir!

Do you change anything during the game (Mentality, Team Shape, Instructions, Player Roles)?

I usually play always on attack because I like to score as many goals as possible, but against much bigger teams you can use counter-attack to snap a draw or a win, the rest I never change and so far I've found it the best way

Hi, so far this is working well.

I just want to ask about the two Mezzala roles - can they be changed at all? What do they contribute?

Thanks sir!

The purpose of the mezzalas, is during offensive transition to overload the opponent with attacking players, increasing the chance of scoring, I tried playing with normal centra midfielders and noticed a really hard drop in performance from the tactic, so I just leave it like that

Completely demolished the italian league on my first season with inter, Icardi has been such a beast

View attachment 55552
View attachment 55551
View attachment 55550

Last edited:
Seems like it would be weak down the flanks? How do most conceded goals occur?

The purpose of the mezzalas, is during offensive transition to overload the opponent with attacking players, increasing the chance of scoring, I tried playing with normal centra midfielders and noticed a really hard drop in performance from the tactic, so I just leave it like that

Completely demolished the italian league on my first season with inter, Icardi has been such a beast

View attachment 1159020
View attachment 1159021
View attachment 1159022

Thanks - I'm using this tactic with Inter and so far, so good!