The Parma Resurrection

View attachment 1091758

Close game between clinical Parma and rivals Juventus

View attachment 115755
View attachment 115754

Following their defeat to Milan, it's pretty clear that Parma were expecting a defeat today too which is exactly what happened. Last time those two sides faced was last season in the TIM Cup, and Juventus won thanks to a brace from Higuain. Tonight, the same happened and Higuain scored twice to gift Juventus another 3 points as they fly at the top of the table. Three yellow cards for Parma takes their total to quite a lot for the season already but it seems like a little less than they're used to so Cannavaro will be happy about that. He'll also be pleased with his team's fighting spirit against a side that was obviously much stronger than them. Macek scored his first goal for Parma too in an emotional game against his former side Juventus which should hopefully give him some more confidence for the rest of the season.

I won't lie, it hurts. It hurts to lose against a rival but it was expected once again. If there are any games in the season that I expect to lose it's against Juventus, Milan, Roma or Napoli. Those teams are the best teams in the country right now and the kind of team that I really aspire us to become but for now we have to fight them for results and today I think we did just that. We didn't give them an easy game and did our best and really tried to get all 3 points or at least a point but in the end it wasn't meant to be. I'm really looking forward to our next few games now which should all be a little bit easier for us and hopefully we can bring in as many points back to Parma as we can before the January transfer window to put ourselves in the best position possible.

View attachment 1091814

De Cenco late penalty gifts Parma three points

View attachment 115701
View attachment 115700

There's going to be a point when we'll say that maybe Parma do actually have the odds WITH them. It was yet another victory for Cannavaro's side despite getting a red card almost 20 minutes before the end of the game, thanks to Caio De Cenco who scored twice in 6 minutes to gift his side all 3 points, leaving them in 5th place in the league after 11 games, which is extremely respectable for them. Can they keep this up? It's been a fantastic season so far and if the season was to end today, Parma would qualify for the Europa League, an incredible achievement for them. Cannavaro really has gotten his side to play very attractive and effective football and it not only shows on the pitch but also in the results, obviously. Cagliari, Udinese and Palermo are Parma's next opponents, all of which are good sides but beatable sides.

Another great result for us as we keep our form going. De Cenco is incredible, seriously incredible though. Another 2 goals for him takes his tally for us since he joined to 47 goals in 54 games, a record even Messi, Ronaldo or Suarez would be proud of. Anyways, we came back from our losses against Milan and Juventus very well and we're back on track and still in 5th which makes me very proud so now I'm just hoping we're going to keep this up and make the fans and the board happy!

View attachment 1091961

Another good victory for underdogs Parma

View attachment 115574
View attachment 115573

It never stops for Parma who get another 3 points and continue their incredible form this season. As we get closer and closer to the halfway point of the season, De Cenco continues his ridiculous goalscoring form and Parma just keep on getting points on the board, which could see them stay in the European spots for next season! This Leicester-like story is set to continue and it's exciting a lot of football fans around the world who are also just in love with the fact that Parma seem to be back to their best and back in the top half of the Serie A which is where they used to be a long time ago. Cannavaro has said he's very happy with his team's form and the fact that Parma are not expected to do well at all actually helps them a lot this season as when they do perform well, it's seen as a huge achievement.

Another fantastic win for us! I can't believe that we're still doing so well after so many games this season, it's like football wants us to do well and laugh in bankruptcy's face! I also just don't understand how no clubs have ever wanted to get De Cenco in the past, he's performing like the Brazilian Ronaldo right now in the Serie A! It's really incredible. As much as I'd love to say we're not a one-man team, De Cenco has proven to be key for us and my worst nightmare right now would be him getting injured, which thankfully hasn't happened, ... YET. We've got the whole month of December ahead of us now and it's going to be packed with games so hopefully we keep our rhythm and our form going.

View attachment 1093079

Fourth defeat of the season for Parma

View attachment 114595
View attachment 114594

After a couple of impressive performances, we thought Parma would continue their great form against Udinese but we were very wrong; the game was a pretty tight one but Udinese absolutely smashed Cannavaro's side in the end, despite them taking the lead early on in the second half. This means that Parma have now dropped to 6th in the league and Udinese have climbed just above them but overall, let's just say that Parma's incredible start to the season is still very unexpected and impressive and sitting in 6th after 13 league games is definitely something that the players and the fans can be proud of. The next game for Parma is a cup game against Verona and then they get right back in the league with a match against Palermo, 11th in the Serie A having somewhat struggled so far this season.

A poor result to be honest, but at this stage I think we've been doing well enough and I can't expect us to win or draw every game. You win some, you lose some. Udinese were the better side out there for sure and deserved the victory but if anything this loss will just motivate us to play even better next time. Our next match is in the cup and although my priority is the league this season, since when do people not like a nice little cup run? I'm confident we can beat Verona and continue to the next stage of the competition but for that to happen we'll definitely have to put in a better performance than the one we put out today and I'm confident the lads will be able to do just that.

hello mate still following whens the next installment?
Glad to hear you're still following! I've not played any FM in a really long time as I was away on holiday and catching up on A LOT of uni work that I missed earlier in the year but I'm hoping to get this back up asap :)

Back