The Parma Resurrection

love it mate, knew you should have went with the legend, sure you will be lifting the world cup soon enough.

Linecoigne? Will you be doing a chairman game soon? You are great at doing them. Love to do one soon as interest would be so hyped at the moment.

love it mate, knew you should have went with the legend, sure you will be lifting the world cup soon enough.
Cheers mate, appreciate your support! Hopefully I can do that soon yeah ;) first though, gotta get to the Serie A!

Linecoigne? Will you be doing a chairman game soon? You are great at doing them. Love to do one soon as interest would be so hyped at the moment.
I'd love to start one for sure as it was something that people seemed to enjoy last year but for now I'm a bit busy with college work so I think it'll have to wait a bit :( I can build the database though or find it online before I start it though to make sure everything works perfectly :)

Cheers mate, appreciate your support! Hopefully I can do that soon yeah ;) first though, gotta get to the Serie A!

I'd love to start one for sure as it was something that people seemed to enjoy last year but for now I'm a bit busy with college work so I think it'll have to wait a bit :( I can build the database though or find it online before I start it though to make sure everything works perfectly :)

If I knew how all the finances were done etc I'd be any up for
it but I always struggle with it.

Apologies for the lack of updates, have been busy with college work and was also busy preparing a database for my upcoming chairman game!

New update will come out maybe some time tomorrow, getting very close to the end of the season now and I can promise you this, it's going to be a very exciting end to the season for sure ;)

Will Ben looking out for it mate. I can't log on while at work as My Phone says it can't access the site so will catch up
tomoz eve

View attachment 119829

Parma's and Alessandria's underdog stories get better and better!

View attachment 119828
View attachment 119827

Another unbeaten month for Parma as they keep going higher up the table with the end of the season getting closer and closer too! After a pretty terrible start to their season, can they turn it around and get promoted to the Serie A? With 10 games left and just over a month and a half to play them, Cannavaro is going to have to do his best to keep his squad fit and make sure that they finish strong.

View attachment 119826
Sitting in 4th place with a game over other teams, the lowest they can get after the other teams in the league play would be 5th, which would still be a great achievement for Cannavaro's side who were predicted to finish 21st by the media. Below will be some details about the 4 matches that Parma played this month and we'll then give a bit of a preview of the 7 MATCHES that Parma have to play in April.

View attachment 119825
Pescara were relegated last season after getting promoted 2 years ago so it was a tough match for Parma but they can thank their loanee Jallow for a very late goal which earned them a point and kept them unbeaten and going up the Serie B table. Canini, who's also on loan at Parma, was the player of the match after a very solid defensive performance.

View attachment 119823
Another draw for Parma but the match was very even and the scoreline definitely showed that. De Cenco continues his amazing goalscoring form with 2 goals in this match and leads the goalscoring chart in the league by a couple of goals with 12 games left in the league.

View attachment 119822
A very solid victory for Cannavaro's players who really dominated this match against Cosenzia and got their first clean sheet in a very long time, thanks to a great performance from their goalkeeper Viotti and Marchi, who scored twice to give Parma the 3 points. De Cenco scored yet again as well, extending his goalscoring record and the club's goal record for a player in one season.

View attachment 119821
Another brace from De Cenco to take him to 35 goals this season in all competitions and 31 in the league, 14 more than second place Andres Ponce of Sampdoria in the league goalscoring chart. What an incredible record for a player who scored just 4 times in 25 games with Trapani last season. Another 3 points for Parma puts them in 4th with 10 games left and it's looking better and better for Cannavaro's side.

View attachment 119820
With 7 matches in 4 weeks, it's going to be a tough month for Parma but almost all the teams they're facing are in the second half of the table which means that they should be able to beat them quite easily or at least get a few points against them, before they prepare to face 2nd place Sampdoria in early May. The question for Parma now is, will they be able to handle so many games in such little time? Well it's already not looking good for them before the month has even started.

View attachment 119819
View attachment 119818
View attachment 119817
With 2 of their starters out for at least the next 2 weeks or more and their main goalscoring threat also out for that long, it might be a very hard month in April for Cannavaro's men who will need to work extra hard to get the results they want if they want to push for promotion this season.

Great updates mate. You're doing really well. De Cenco is doing well too.

View attachment 118877

Parma's Serie B title hopes all over

View attachment 118876
View attachment 118875

It's fair to say that Parma were never expected to win the Serie B title in their first season back in that competition but after such a good season and being so high up the table, they became big title challengers. Unfortunately for Parma fans though, it's now mathematically impossible for Parma to win the title. With now just 3 games left to the regular season, it'll be all about getting a top 2 or top 3 spot to attempt to get in the promotion playoff and maybe get a dream promotion back to the Serie A, three years after getting relegated to the Italian 4th division.

View attachment 118866
Sitting in 4th, Parma do have a slight chance of coming back and trying to get to 2nd place as they play Sampdoria next week, but it'll definitely be hard for them and considering they are 7 points behind, the best they can do is probably make it to 3rd place past Alessandria, who have also had an incredible season after getting promoted from the Lega Pro along with Parma. Cannavaro's men still have the best attack in the league but are, once again, pretty leaky in defence which is the only downside to Parma's season right now I'd say.

View attachment 118864
Sampdoria are by far the toughest opponents that Parma will face in the next 2 weeks but they should not underestimate teams like Cittadella and Spezia, who they had some troubles against last time they played them. Three games left, three points away from third place, can they make it there? Cannavaro answered that question for us:

View attachment 118861
"I think we can definitely make it to 3rd yes. It'll be a lot of hard work but when I look at how well we've been doing this season overall, I don't see why we can't make it to 3rd now. Whatever happens, I'm really proud of the players because they've done a lot better than everyone expected and it's been an incredible season so if we don't get promoted and stay in Serie B for another season, then maybe that's what was meant to happen and we'll come back the next year even stronger and ready to get promoted back to the top division. Honestly it's just been a crazy year and we've all been very happy and proud every step of the way, even when we lost some games. Let's face it, even the best teams in the world lose games; not many, but they lose games. We've only lost 9, that's just 3 more than Sampdoria who are in second and have a team that should crush every single team in the Serie B so we've really done a good job. De Cenco has had the season of his life too and I really think that he can reach the 40-goal mark by the end of the season, he's already on 38 so why not? This season was about breaking records for the club, just like last year, and we did a lot of that so I'm very happy and can't wait for those last 3 games of the season and see where they take us."

Sorry for not posting in so long, been very busy with my job and college work and trying to start my chairman game; I'll try to post an update tonight at some point if I can! :)

View attachment 1089514

Parma Calcio 1913 promoted to Serie A!

View attachment 117514

Out of absolutely nowhere, Parma are back in the Serie A, just 3 years after getting relegated to the Italian 4th division! What a moment for the club and for Cannavaro, as this is one of his finest achievements as a manager to date. The media never even thought that Parma would get even close to the promotion playoffs despite strengthening the side that won the Lega Pro Girone B the season before but boy were they proved wrong! What a season for Parma and what a season for their fans and the players too!

View attachment 117513
View attachment 117512
It was obvious that Parma couldn't get second place so despite losing their first 2 games of May, Cannavaro did say he wasn't too worried about his side dropping points as they had already secured a promotion playoff spot. They managed to beat Foggia in the return leg at home in what was a fantastic display from his men and then the big game came along. Salernitana away first. They claimed an incredible 2-1 win and just needed a goal at home at least to make sure they would get promoted and they did. They ended the season in incredible fashion and definitely impressed many people around the world, who thought Parma would never make it back to the top flight, especially with such a weak side. It almost seems as if they pulled off a Leicester! Later on though the awards came in for the season and clearly, Parma fans were very happy:

View attachment 117498
View attachment 117510
View attachment 117509
View attachment 117508
View attachment 117506
View attachment 117503
View attachment 117502
View attachment 117501
View attachment 117500
Defensively, it's obviously fair to see that Parma didn't get a single award. However, with the manager of the year and the player's player of the year as well as the striker of the year, Parma can be very proud of their achievements this season. As Cannavaro said in his post-match press conference following the playoff final, the hard work begins now for Parma and if there was ever a time when they needed to stay on top of their finances and play their hearts out, it'll be next season in the Serie A! Seriously though, what an incredible achievement from such an underdog this season. Will they survive their first season back in the Serie A though? It'll be incredibly tough, that's for sure.

It's been a very busy week which is why I've not posted on here for a while. An update with the pre-season and (maybe) the first Serie A games very soon!

Back