The Parma Resurrection

View attachment 1090993

Impressive pre-season from new-look Parma

View attachment 116382
View attachment 116381

After an unexpected and incredible promotion from Serie B last season, Cannavaro seemed very eager to get his side to face much stronger opponents as seen by their friendlies against Fiorentina, Celta de Vigo, Watford, Everton and Ajax. In those 6 games, Parma actually managed a very impressive 2 wins and 2 draws, losing just one game. De Cenco was once again the star man for Parma, scoring in 5 of Parma's 6 friendlies on top of a goal in the TIM Cup 3rd Qualifying Round. New signing Simone Verdi also scored a hat-trick on his very first official game with the club which was a joy to watch for Parma fans around Italy.

View attachment 116380
Despite Parma's declining finances, they managed to make 4 signings costing a total of 6.12 million pounds putting them even further in debt which could become a big problem if they don't perform well this season in the Serie A. Simone Verdi is the most notable signing, having previously played for AC Milan and Bologna. The last 3 signings seem like investments for the future from the Italian Ballon D'Or winner as Parma are finally back in the Serie A and should really start making sure they stay there in the long term and get back to their incredible form from the 90s. It's been a long pre-season for Parma and they now have to get ready for their debut in Serie A as Parma Calcio 1913, with their opening game coming on the 2nd of September against Novara away from home.

View attachment 116377

View attachment 1091157

Debut win for Parma in very tight first match

View attachment 116235
View attachment 116234

What a first win for us! I wanted the lads to play well and impress not only the fans but also themselves and get off to a good start to the Serie A to maximise our chances of being as far away from the relegation zone as possible and a clean sheet as well as 3 points is the best way to do that. De Cenco just can't stop scoring and Gasbarro was outstanding in a match that could've gone either way. I'm so happy with the chances we created as well although our disciplinary record is still as bad as it was last season and that's just not I want in the top division. Up next is Bologna, who lost their opening match against Juventus 2-0 at home and they have to come to our home now to try and get a result. They have a very decent side and it'll be a tough game so we're going to need to be at our best if we want to get another win. Come on Parma!

Congratulations on making it up! I am also playing as Parma and have won Serie B in my second season and so am promoted as well.

I have a question. Has the board allowed you to scout outside of Europe yet? And if so, at what point do they do that? In my experience usually you cannot scout South America until you've made it to the top flight, but once you make it you can. So far I am still unable, but it is only June.

One of the best ways to find cheap signings of course is to get Argentinians with Italian passports, for example, and I have my eye on Scocco, but I am afraid to sign him without scouting him first, but I can't scout him because of arbitrary board restrictions. Should I wait it out, or keep requesting an increase to scouting range, or give up entirely?

Congratulations on making it up! I am also playing as Parma and have won Serie B in my second season and so am promoted as well.

I have a question. Has the board allowed you to scout outside of Europe yet? And if so, at what point do they do that? In my experience usually you cannot scout South America until you've made it to the top flight, but once you make it you can. So far I am still unable, but it is only June.

One of the best ways to find cheap signings of course is to get Argentinians with Italian passports, for example, and I have my eye on Scocco, but I am afraid to sign him without scouting him first, but I can't scout him because of arbitrary board restrictions. Should I wait it out, or keep requesting an increase to scouting range, or give up entirely?
Looking at my save right now, it looks like I'm able to scout outside of Europe now that I'm in Serie A. I'd say wait a bit before you sign anyone from South America, especially if you haven't scouted the player at all.

View attachment 1091280

Solid performance for Parma against Bologna

View attachment 116134
View attachment 116133

It was a match to remember for Verdi who was facing his old club Bologna in what was supposed to be a pretty easy game for the latter. However, they had to score an equaliser in a game where they very much looked like the weaker side as Parma managed to get a point at home, thanks to a goal from Alessandro Marchi and a man of the match performance from Gasbarro, his second in a row since the start of the Serie A season. Despite scoring just 2 goals in their first 2 matches, Cannavaro's men have played very good football so far and it'll be interesting to see how they get on against stronger sides like Napoli and Roma and Juventus later on in the season but with their current form, it looks like they'd definitely be capable of getting at least a draw against such teams.

A great result for us. We were expected to lose and we proved everyone wrong but actually controlling the game and making them chase it. Unfortunately they scored an equaliser but at least that's it. We held on and didn't concede another one and it gives us 4 points from out first 2 games which is very respectable for a team like us in my opinion. Andrea has been outstanding yet again and I'll make sure to congratulate him personally at our next training session because he really is a gem of a player. He's been a rock at the back and I can only hope he'll keep up those good performances later on this season.

View attachment 1091283

Late equaliser for Parma as Verdi continues amazing form with his new club

View attachment 116132
View attachment 116131

Parma were facing fellow promoted team Empoli in a tight match in this season's Serie A and it's fair to say they were pretty lucky to score that late goal to get their second draw of the season in their first season back in the Serie A. The first half was pretty uneventful and unfortunately for Cannavaro, his side went 1-0 down under 10 minutes after the start of the second half but Verdi scored a late equaliser in the 78th minute to score his 4th official goal with his new club, staying the club's top goalscorer this season so far and leaving Parma unbeaten since the start of the season.

What a performance from Verdi. He was very good during the game and was rewarded with a goal late on which got us a point. At this rate, I'll take whatever points we can get and hopefully we can keep this run going because I wasn't expecting to be unbeaten after 3 games. Up next is Napoli and this will be by far our toughest game yet. They might have lost Milik to Inter last season but we still have a very strong squad and considering they finished 4th last season, I wouldn't underestimate them. It's always been one of my dreams to manage Napoli so it'll definitely be an emotional game for me but I'm gonna have to do my best to not let my feelings take over and get me too heated up for this game. Let's hope for the best now.

Looking at my save right now, it looks like I'm able to scout outside of Europe now that I'm in Serie A. I'd say wait a bit before you sign anyone from South America, especially if you haven't scouted the player at all.

Cool, thanks!
Would you by any chance remember when you were given permission to start scouting beyond Europe? Was it once the transfer window began, perhaps? And did you get an inbox message explaining this?

View attachment 1091306

Parma impress with draw against Napoli

View attachment 116115
View attachment 116114

Talk about wonder makers this season! Parma get a third draw in a row to stay unbeaten and managed an incredible draw against goal-friendly Napoli at the Ennio Tardini Stadium as De Cenco played the role of heroes once again for Cannavaro's side, gifting them a point allowing them to sit in 8th place in the league after 4 games. It's certainly a big surprise to anyone who follows the Serie A considering Parma just got promoted, but for any huge Italian football fan they'll know that Parma have been overachieving for years now under Cannavaro and it should come under no surprise to see them doing so well already at the top level. With some very good and pretty cheap signings as well as finances looking better than ever, it might not be long before we see Parma in the top half of the table in the Serie A again and maybe even in the European spots to qualify for the Europa League or the Champions League. One thing's for sure is that Napoli will be disappointed with this result today but Parma will be ecstatic to have gotten such a good result against an arguably much stronger side.

What a game! We conceded very early on and let them take so many shots on goal but in the end we managed to get a draw and it's all thanks to Caio once again. I swear I don't think any club in Italy has made a better signing than us signing De Cenco in the past 2/3 years. I mean, 40 league goals in 47 league games for just under 100 000 pounds? It's an incredible player that we have here and I just hope he can keep that sort of form up in the Serie A! He's already got 2 goals in 4 games for us so I don't see why he can't continue but we can't just let this form get to our head. We're doing well and we're playing well but we can just let our heads drop and we need to make sure we stay focused for the next few games. We've got Sassuolo next who are a good side and then after that another huge team in Lazio, so any complacency of any sort from us could just see us come crashing down so I really hope the lads are ready for all of this. We're back in the big league now and we need to make an impression in our first season here!

Cool, thanks!
Would you by any chance remember when you were given permission to start scouting beyond Europe? Was it once the transfer window began, perhaps? And did you get an inbox message explaining this?
I don't really remember getting a message in my inbox tbh but yes I think it was probably when the new season started officially in-game (when the game refreshes for the new season to start on the 30th of June or something). Hope that helps! :)

View attachment 1091396

First defeat of the season for I Crociati

View attachment 116040
View attachment 116039

After such an impressive start to their season, Parma have finally fallen to their first defeat of the season away at Sassuolo, thanks to a 3-minute brace from Chelsea loanee Michy Batshuayi before Silvan Widmer scored 4 minutes later for an incredible turnaround after going a goal down just one minute into the game. It was a very tight game and Sassuolo laid off a little bit towards the end but Parma can be very proud of their performance today as many people around Italy praised Cannavaro's style of play that he's imposed at Parma in the last 2 years and it looks like a very promising future for the former Italian great. Now sitting in 11th in the Serie A, I Crociati are 9 spots above the media's expectations from the beginning of the season and now going into the 3rd month of the regular season, it looks like it could be a great season for Parma for their first season back in the Italian top flight.

I can't pretend I'm disappointed by the defeat today but we fought for that result and we still managed to score two goals. It was also disappointing to give away three goals after going a goal up just a minute into the game. Anyways, we played well and I'm very excited for the next few games with the club now in the Serie A. We've been waiting for 2 years now (3 years as a club) to get back into this division and now that we're here it would just be a shame to go back down again. Lazio are up next and they're sitting in 10th so hopefully we can overcome the obvious gap in quality in the squads and just keep our form up and try to get as many points as we can until January to see where we stand for the rest of the season.

View attachment 1091488

Parma grab unexpected win over Lazio

View attachment 115959
View attachment 115958

An absolutely incredible win for Parma who were never expected to get a victory against Lazio tonight. An almost full Ennio Tardini Stadium witnessed their side win thanks to, once again, Caio De Cenco who managed to find the back of the net after 25 minutes with a close range finish. Wallace put in a great performance for Lazio but unfortunately it wasn't enough and his team fell to a 1-0 loss despite having one of the best defences in the league. This is Parma's second win in the Serie A in 5 games this season which sees them sit in 9th, a very impressive spot for the newly promoted side.

I left the stadium a very happy man going home tonight. What a victory for us! It's just incredible to think that last season we were in the second division and now here we are, beating a team that finished 6th in the Serie A last season. It's a great achievement but the hard work begins now. Our next 4 games include Verona, Genoa, AC Milan and Juventus. I reckon we could get something from the first 2 but the 2 after that will be very tough. AC Milan are back on the rise after some great signings and some amazing youth prospects came through and well, Juventus are Juventus. We did well against them last season but it was a cup match and most of their key players were rested for the game so I have to say that I'm a bit worried. Hopeful, but worried.

View attachment 1091553

Two wins in a row for clinical Parma

View attachment 115907
View attachment 115902

Another fantastic result for Parma who make it two in a row despite going a man down with 7 minutes left and conceding in the dying moments of the game. It seems as if Cannavaro has finally found a system that works with this Parma side that makes them over perform even against tougher opposition, which is great to see for any football fan around Europe and the world. Parma's rise to the top of the Serie A has been amazing and now sitting in 5th, it looks like the former Italian giants are back. Could we see them get a Europa League spot just one season after getting promoted from the Serie B? Only time will tell but Parma fans can certainly be happy about their team's signings so far this season with Verdi scoring yet another club for the club, making it his 2nd in 7 Serie A appearances and his 5th in 8 games with the club in total.

What a win! I'll admit that I didn't think we would get a good result here tonight, maybe a draw or something but not a win! I'm so happy to see the players perform so well and be so confident, it's genuinely very impressive. We're now in 5th place which is unreal but some of our biggest games yet are coming up and I think our run might just come to an end. However, considering how well we've been doing so far, if we can't beat the likes of Inter, Milan, Roma and Juventus but do well in all our other games, I think we definitely won't get relegated this season and might even end in the top 10. It's a very exciting time to be a Parma fan and hopefully everyone in the city will realise that and come and support the club for our biggest games this season against Milan and Juventus in 2 and 3 weeks.

View attachment 1091579

Big win for Parma as De Cenco scores yet again

View attachment 115886
View attachment 115885

It looks like the good times will never stop rolling at Parma under Cannavaro now as I Crociati secured a 4-1 victory over Genoa at home to make it their largest win this season so far, all thanks to yet another goal from Simone Verdi, one from Yves Baraye and a brace from De Cenco, taking his goal tally to 6 in 8 Serie A games this season, 44 goals in 51 games with Parma since his arrival last season for just under 100 000 pounds. The game overall was largely dominated by Parma, not in terms of possession but in terms of chances and offensive superiority, they really were in control. Roman Macek, who arrived on a free from Juventus earlier this summer, has been performing very well so far this season from the 3 games he's played in the Serie A and we definitely think that he could become a very important player for Cannavaro later on in his career. Having played one more game than the likes of Chievo and Napoli, Parma currently sit in 4th but could drop to 5th or 6th if the aforementioned teams win their games in hand.

Another fantastic performance from us, a rather surprising one as well! Genoa are definitely a strong side and have been finishing mid-table for the past couple of years which is where I aspire to be with Parma right now considering we just got promoted so I really expected a tough game but it's like they wanted us to win. Our next two games are against AC Milan and Juventus and that's going to be the real test. How we play in those games will really attract people's attention, not only in Italy but in Europe if we do well against them. I would have never imagined doing this well at this stage of the season so I really hope that the lads will keep this up. I believe in us and honestly, after all this club has gone through, even if we flop and end up just above the relegation zone or in the relegation zone at the end of the season, I'll be proud of these guys.

Always love to see tranditional teams return to the league they belong ! Parma is one of them together with Leeds , Sampdoria Stuttgart e.t.c. Well done my friend

Always love to see tranditional teams return to the league they belong ! Parma is one of them together with Leeds , Sampdoria Stuttgart e.t.c. Well done my friend
Cheers mate, really enjoying trying to get them back to their former glory tbh! :)

View attachment 1091754
After a couple of great results since the start of the season, Parma fell to their 2nd loss of the season despite sharing a point with Milan for 4 minutes from the 36th to the 40th minute at the San Siro. The Rossoneri did very well to turn the game around and the result ended up being completely fair considering the stats. Kalinic scored a quick-fire brace to gift his side all 3 points as they climb back up the table and Parma stay in the top 6, as incredible as that sounds. In addition to a poor result, Parma also have to deal with a disciplinary record that seems to be getting worse and worse by the minute, which could prove to be very problematic later on in the season if they get a lot of suspensions.

We're getting way too many yellow cards. I don't really care about the result, I know that we weren't expected to win this game and I think we actually performed pretty well. This disciplinary record is just not good enough though. We've gotten the most yellow cards in the league and we're not even 10 games into the season. At least we're not getting any suspensions right now but when we start getting them, it'll be tough to try and put out a competitive team in such a strong league. Let's just hope for the best now.

Back