The Peter Crouch to my Harry Redknapp - The Story of Semaj Namdear

Redders

Get in the Van.
Reaction score
This is a story with a twist. Like Kris did, I have created a player using the editor. His name is Semaj Namdear. He is a 21 year old striker from NZ, with a CA of around 75 (can’t remember) and a PA of 200. He will start as a free transfer and I will follow his career closely.

picture.php

However, the twist is, I will add myself as manager and will begin my career at Level 9, Northern Division 2 side Marske United, who happen to be my local team.

mapp.png

My house in red circle, the ground in orange/red circle.

Much like Harry Redknapp seems to idolise Peter Crouch (having had him playing under him three times (maybe 4?)) I will idolise Semaj. Throughout my career I will try to link up with him as much as possible.

The aims of my first season with Marske? Achieve promotion from the league. My board would be happy with a mid-table finish, and I will accept that from them – transfer/wage budget wise. I also want to get somewhat noticed managerially, and maybe just maybe take a step up in my career to a larger club.

So follow the story of my managerial career, as well as the story of a young striker making his first steps in professional football, at whoever snaps him up first.

Ps. If anyone does spot the significance and reasoning behind Semaj’s name then they get a gold medal.

# # # # #

Game Settings;
Version: 10.2
Selected Leagues: English (Level 10 and above)

Season Overview
The Club

Home ground: Mount Pleasant, Marske.
Rivals: Guisborough Town (fierce);
Average ticket price: £4;
Season ticket price: £57;
Season Ticket Holders: 45;
Media Prediction: 8th
# # # # #

Burton and Riley Step down

Manager-&-Assistant.gif

After just 18 months at the helm, Paul Burton and Mark Riley have stepped down as the management team at Mount Pleasant. Burton leaves the club after narrowly missing out on promotion at the end of last season and reaching the quarter finals of the FA Vase.

Burton said; “It’s been a great 18 months but I need to take a break out of football. My dog has recently been diagnosed with Diabetes and it’s been a challenging time, I wish the new manager, whoever it may be, the best of luck with guiding the team and its fans to where they should be, the very top”.

It has been rumoured that Burton’s dog doesn’t have diabetes and that he is actually stepping down after media revelations of a relationship with a players’ partner.*

Chairman Nathaniel Finn’s manager shortlist is thought to include former manager Charlie Bell and relative unknown James Readman.

*made up for story purposes.

# # # # #

marskehome.png

Readman installed at Mount Pleasant

Marske United Chairman Nathaniel Finn has welcomed former semi-pro footballer James Readman as manager at Mount Pleasant today on a three year contract worth £130p/w.

The Seasiders, as they are affectionately known are a semi-professional English club currently playing in the Northern League Division Two. The club play their home games at Mount Pleasant in Markse by the Sea.

Readman has been handed a transfer budget of £0 with a wage budget of £350p/w. The club is currently spending £420p/w on wages.

Readman, a Middlesbrough fan, is taking his first steps in management after a semi-professional career with several clubs. He said; “I am delighted to be handed this task. I see managers beginning their careers in the top leagues but that’s not for me, don’t get me wrong – no one offered, but still. It’s going to be tough, a struggle, and I know were not rolling in cash but I hope to have a successful time here”.

James Readman has signalled his intentions immediately by making an audacious attempt to sign New Zealand striker Semaj Pillihp-Namdear. Who comes highly regarded and may demand a large wage.

Readmans’ first game was against the reserve team on Wednesday, the game ended in a 1-1 draw. Readman has also moved immediately to create some money for the cash strapped club, by organising two cups involving higher reputations – hoping to bring in over £30k.

# # # # #

Last edited:
Great storyline Redders. Never seen you do a story on here before but I'll follow, should be interesting. Good layout.

James Readman :) And good luck.

His name is James Readman (Y)

I love the idea, this is going to be a great story.

Good luck, i will defiantly follow

'Semaj' is an Australian slang term for '****'?

Good luck anyway Redders.

Good luck. Great storyline. :)

James Readman :L Anyway good luck, should be interesting.

Something different. Looking forward to reading this

Always love something different. I will follow with interest :)

[FONT=&quot]Marske win Money Cup

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Marske United fans celebrated today after Readmans’ team lifted the Money Cup. Marske topped the table after winning 2 games against Folgore (2-1) and Knighton (3-0), they topped the table despite a 1-0 loss to Afghanistan side Nooristan, who came second on goal difference.

It is believed that the Cup brought in almos £15k revenue for Marske. The team will now go on to play in the More Money knockout competition in which they will play Afghan side AFG in the semi-final.

[/FONT] *Readman also told the Gazette after lifting the cup that he has made enquiries with local professional clubs Middlesbrough, Hartlepool and Sunderland about the loan availability of several players as he looks to strengthen his side.

# # # # #

[FONT=&quot]Marske get third place in More Money Cup

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Markse have finished in third place in the More Money cup after beating Austrian Salzburg in the third place playoff on penalties. Markse were in the match after losing against Afghan side AFG 2-0.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Readman announced after the match that Marske had taken 19 year old right back Michael Kay from Sunderland on loan till the end of the season but Hartlepool striker Billy Greulich had rejected the chance to come to Mount Pleasant till the end of the season.

[/FONT]
picture.php

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] *In other news, midfielder Neil Phillips has returned to training following a couple of weeks out with a head injury.

# # # # #

[FONT=&quot]Saiko signs on at Marske

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
0,,1%7E2989890,00.jpg
[/FONT]

picture.php

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Marske United today secure the signature of Shaun Saiko on loan from local club Middlesbrough until the end of the season. The Canadian youth international midfielder who can also feature at Right back is held in high regard at the Riverside and the management hope that this first team experience will be great for the player.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Saiko is said to be relishing the opportunity of getting some first team experience. Readman is hoping to bring in more players from locals Middlesbrough, but it is believed audacious attempts at signing Rhys Williams and Joe Bennett have failed.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]It has also been confirmed that Readmans’ main transfer target, Semaj Namdear is currently on trial at the club; however his wage demands are the sticking point in a transfer.

*Marske were defeated today 2-0 by Shildon. The match was attended by just 13 fans.

[/FONT]
# # # # #​
[FONT=&quot]
Semaj leaves Mount Pleasant as Marske open season with a win

[/FONT] Semaj Namdear has left Marske Utd after only one week of his trial (in which he scored one goal) to join league 2 side Port Vale. James Readman is said to be devastated at missing out on such a key player and he hopes to link up with him again at the earliest opportunity.

However, Readman’s day improved after he watched defender Jim Vince head home in stoppage time to give his side a 1-0 victory at Brandon in the opening game of the league season. At just 16 years and 179 days old, Vince becomes the youngest ever Marske Utd goal scorer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZbcujMurZ0"]YouTube- Brandon 0 - 1 Marske Utd 15/08/09[/ame]

# # # # #

Crook 0 – 2 Marske United

Marske & James Readman made it two out of two this week with a victory at promotion contenders Crook Town. An unfortunate own goal by Crook goalkeeper Eric Schultz on the stroke of half time gave Marske the lead. 16 year old striker Kevin Cook then doubled the lead after the break to give Marske another three points.

[FONT=&quot]However, Readman has lost the services of on loan star Shaun Saiko for up to two months after he was forced off with a sprained ankle in stoppage time.

[/FONT] Marske’s two wins out of two have seen them into 2nd place in the English Northern Division two, behind league favourites Newton Aycliffe who are the visitors to Mount Pleasant in a week’s time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zXNrY9HX_o"]YouTube- Crook 0 - 2 Marske Utd - 22.08.09[/ame]​

*It was also revealed after the game that Marske had secured Hartlepool youngster Jonny Rowell on loan until the end of the season. The midfielder joins to bulk up the Marske midfield.

0,,10326%7E3533136,00.jpg

picture.php

# # # # #

Semaj enjoys scoring start to Vale Career

New Zealand striker Semaj Namdear has enjoyed a goal scoring start to his career at Port Vale.

Semaj scored the winner in a 1-0 victory over Championship side Nottingham Forest in the league cup 1st round. He followed this winner up with a goal in a 2-2 draw against Bradford in Vale’s second game of the league season. After drawing a blank against Macclesfield, Semaj was forced off with injury at half time against League 2 side Darlington.

It was discovered after the match that Semaj had strained his groin and will be out of action for around 3 weeks.

picture.php

# # # # #

Meyler joins the ranks

James Readman has pulled off a major coup by landing Sunderland starlet David Meyler on loan at Mount Pleasant.

The DMC signed for Sunderland from Cork city for 160k but has a slight injury and is unlikely to feature in Saturday’s top of the table clash v Newton Aycliffe and it may be over a week before he starts training.

[FONT=&quot]
David-Meyler-Sunderland_1073557.jpg
[/FONT]

picture.php

# # # # #

Marske score easy victory in top of table clash

James Readman & Marske Utds winning start to the season carried on at Mount Pleasant today as goals from Kevin Cook and Gary White secured a 2-0 victory over top of the table Newton Aycliffe.

Sixteen year old Cook opened the scoring in the 55th minute after a slick passing move. Marske were then put under pressure for the remaining 35 minutes as Newton pressed for an equaliser, but it was Marske who scored next securing their third win of the season courtesy of a 25 yard strike from 16 year old midfielder Gary White.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ka8EUzAgRpQ"]YouTube- Marske United 2 - 0 Newton Aycliffe - 29.08.09[/ame]​

The win sends Marske to the top of the table on 9 points, two points ahead of 4 teams that are vying for second place.

picture.php

*Meanwhile, Marske have managed to convince Hartlepool striker Billy Gruelich to join the club on loan for 3 months after he turned down a season long loan earlier in the season, however it remains to be seen if he can replace top scorer Kevin Cook.

picture.php

*It was also revealed that Paul Brannan had been released from the club on a free transfer in an attempt to reduce the wage bill.

# # # # #

Last edited: