The Peter Crouch to my Harry Redknapp - The Story of Semaj Namdear

Like how you put the highlights on youtube, good stuff, will definatley follow

Thanks, will slow them down next season.

Has Semaj's strength gone up a bit? Don't remember it being 16 or maybe that's me being blind.

Good result again, hopefully a promotion push this season so far.

Yes, his stats have gone the following way;

Corners (-1)
Tackling (+1)
Anticipation (+1)
Composure (+1)
Creativity (+1)
Influence (+1)
Positioning (+1)
Balance (+1)
Stamina (+1)
Strength (+1)

You've done well ,
Great story so far has got me wanting to make one.
Semaj seems to be doing well after his international scoring and hopefully it continues :)

nice, im definatley going to be following this story it looks exciting

Thanks!

Are Kodak in your league James?

No, when I search them it just says "England" next to their name.

YESSSSSSSS Semaj at the Vale!!! Hope he helps them get promotion!

Good Luck mate

Yeah hopefully, will increase his stats but also his value which isn't good for me.

could you post the league table

I will in time. Half season I will post the league table.

I see Semaj has been capped by New Zealand, which is rather good, but probably doesn't help your chances of signing him soon.

True, there is more news on the Int front coming soon.

This is an awsome story man i created a player called ali g

Ten man Marske earn draw at Gillford Park

Marske United named an unchanged side for this match which saw them go behind to a Jake Elliot strike after just 15minutes. However, Roger Goodall levelled the match just after half time before Lee Potts was sent off late on for committing a foul and being the last man.

Ten men Marske held on however to earn a point and will face promotion rivals Jarrow roofing this Saturday.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0psSd9Crj0"]YouTube- Gillford Park 1 - 1 Marske Utd - 12.12.09[/ame]

# # # # #

Marske run goes on

A 2nd minute penalty from Justin Barlow secured the three points against promotion rivals Jarrow today and Marske followed it up with a 2-0 win over Crook at Mount Pleasant. Matty Tymon got his 6th goal of the season before another Justin Barlow penalty secured the 2-0 win.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf1iou75zo8"]YouTube- Marske Utd 1 - 0 Jarrow Roofing - 19.12.09[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI5jvkgH9RM"]YouTube- Marske Utd 2 - 0 Crook - 26.12.09[/ame]

Half way through the season, Marske sit pretty at the top of the table.

picture.php

# # # # #

Marske United 0 – 1 Crook

In their second meeting in 3 days in the Ernest Armstrong Memorial cup QF, Readman was without both key strikers Matty Tymon and Kevin Cook, so Ben Jones got a rare start.

But things didn’t go to plan and a solitary Steve Brown goal midway through the second half condemned the Seasiders to defeat in the cup.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-57sXPpYEOs"]YouTube- Marske Utd 0 - 1 Crook - Memorial Cup[/ame]

# # # # #

Newton Aycliffe 1 – 0 Marske United

United suffered their second defeat in a row today as they went down to an Ian Bowes goal just before half time. Another poor display from Marske whos injuries to Kevin Cook and Matty Tymon appear to have hit them hard.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8fACJGxbZE"]YouTube- Newton Aycliffe 1 - 0 Marske Utd - 02.01.2010[/ame]

# # # # #

Marske United 1 – 0 Brandon United

Readman’s decision to bring back a semi-fit Matty Tymon paid off as his single goal in the 27th minute secure the three points for Marske at Mount Pleasant. The Goal is Tymons 7th in 9 games.

Highlights Unavailable

*After the game Readman confirmed they were looking to make an audacious loan bid for Middlesbrough starlet Richie Smallwood, however, it is unlikely that the player would be willing to move down so many leagues.

# # # # #

North Shields 0 – 1 Marske United

Readman once again had Matty Tymon to thank for 3 more points. The striker scored his 6th league goal of the season early on and Marske held off some strong pressure in the second half to get the 3 points.

The win extends Marske’s lead at the top of D2 to 3 points with 23 games played.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGwYuLBqkkQ"]YouTube- North Shields 0 - 1 Marske Utd - 16.01.10[/ame]​

*Ritchie Smallwood has rejected the loan offer from Marske. Readman has put in offers for two players from another club believed to be AML Shane Ferguson at Newcastle and Rikki Bains, a defender from Darlington.

# # # # #

Readman brings in two new faces

Marske Uniteds James Readman today brought two new faces to Mount Pleasant.
Shane Ferguson, a promising left winger from Northern Ireland has joined till the end of the season. He arrives in time to enter the squad for the game v Whickham on the weekend but is only likely to feature from the bench. Cenntre Back Rikki Bains has also joined the club till the end of the season from Darlington.

Readman hopes these two new signings will give Marske the edge over their promotion rivals; “It’s great to bring both these lads in on loan. Shane comes in with high regard from the management at Newcastle and I hope he can fill the gap that we have had on the LW since the start of the season. Rikki I have chased for some time and it was finally right to bring him to the club”.

picture.php

picture.php

# # # # #

Whickham 0 – 4 Marske United

New signings Shane Ferguson and Rikki Bains got places in the starting line up today and it took just 5 minutes for the signings to make an impact.

Shane Ferguson latched onto Bains’ downwards header to score on his debut. A penalty won by Shaun Saiko was then duly despatched by on loan right back Michael Kay.

A Shane Ferguson cross was then met by star striker Matty Tymon to put Marske three up at half time. A free-kick by David Meyler in the second half gave Marske their biggest winning margin of the season. Readman was delighted by the impact made by Ferguson and Bains in a game with saw the former pick up the MOTM award.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBAvF8zTKwA"]YouTube- Whickham 0 - 4 Marske Utd - 23.01.10[/ame]​

# # # # #

Marske United 2 - 0 Darlington RA

Baldwin came in for the injured Saiko in the only change named from last weeks’ drubbing of Whickham. The scoring started early again as new signing Rikki Bains got on to the end of a Marske corner to head home. A tidy finish by Rowell on the stroke of HT gave Marske a 2-0 lead at half time.

Marske, and in particular Matty Tymon had chances to extend Marske’s lead but Darlington kept them at bay to finish the game 2-0.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOen1QEtoz0"]YouTube- Marske Utd 2 - 0 Darlington - 30.01.10[/ame]​

# # # # #

Sunderland Ryhope CA 0 – 0 Marske United

Marske securd another clean sheet today, their third in a row but drew a blank with Sunderland Ryhope. The result leaves Marske 3 points clear at the top and on a run of five games unbeaten.

# # # # #

Semaj Update – 07/02/2010

Semaj has kept up his goal to game ratio of one in two by scoring 10 goals in 20 games for Vale who are 9th in league 2, a point off the play-off places. He is Vale’s second top scorer behind 27 year old Marc Richards who has 14 in 28, an identical ratio to Semaj.

His international career is still going strong having now played 8 games and scored 3 goals for the New Zealand national side. His caps are somewhat limited due to the form of strikers Rory Fallon and Chris Wood.

picture.php

# # # # #

Marske United 2 – 0 Whitehaven

Marske United gained another three points today on their quest for promotion.

Midfielders Meyler and Rowell grabbed the goals either side of half time to secure the win.

This was Marske’s sixth game without conceding, setting a new club record.

With 11 games left in D2 it remains to be seen whether or not Marske can carry on their good form and achieve their aim of promotion.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm_qLVzQM9w"]YouTube- Marske 2 - 0 Whitehaven - 13.02.10[/ame]​

*The Evening Gazette is reporting that James Readman has took Rikki Bains’ Darlington teammate Josh Gray on loan till the end of the season.

picture.php

# # # # #

Thornaby 1 – 2 Marske United

James Readman was left happy today despite his side conceding for the first time in 7 games. Thornaby goalkeeper Mark Newton was left red-faced in the 57th minute when he managed to put the goal into his own net following good work from David Meyler.

Within minutes Thornaby were level when Andrew McKenzie scored with a close range header.

However, not willing to be undone, Shaun Saiko struck in the 73rd minute with a tidy finish from close range to seal the points for Marske.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVNzeOl-f0E"]YouTube- Thornaby 1 - 2 Marske United 20.02.10[/ame]​

# # # # #

Marske United 3 – 1 Stokesley

Marske United extended their unbeaten run to eight games following a 3-1 victory at home to Stokesley.

Matty Tymon opened the scoring after some great work by Meyler on the right wing and a headed knock down from Canadian Shaun Saiko. Marske’s second goal came courtesy of a corner, with Shaun Saiko again involved the ball landed to Jonny Rowell who scored his 9th goal since joining the club.

Into the second half Matty Tymon made it 3 for Marske by starting and finishing a lovely Marske move after a tidy cross from on loan Shane Ferguson. Tymon has now reached 11 goals for the season in 16(1) appearances.

Stokesley managed a consolation goal after 83 minutes, but Marske had already sealed the points which now cements their lead at the top of the table, they now hold a 9 point lead over second place Seaham with just 9 games till the end of the season.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLdRvZSmo58"]YouTube- Marske United 3 - 1 Stokesley - 27.02.10[/ame]

# # # # #

Made a great start, keep it up :)

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Dont suppose the hidden meaning of the name 'Semaj' is that its your name backwards? 8-|

Dont suppose the hidden meaning of the name 'Semaj' is that its your name backwards? 8-|

im so slow i never noticed that! any chance of getting a job in a higher league to link up with semaj soon?

really enjoying this, really nice to see more different types of stories.

great story! i really wish i had the knowledge to do something like this ( screenshots videos etc ) will follow this as it different to others

Thanks for the comments. Four Four Two has made a guide which will help with videos. I will post up the rest of the season tonight.

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Guisborough Town 0 - 2 Marske United

Marske visited their rivals Guisborough Town today looking to extend their 8 match unbeaten run.

They named an unchanged side from the team that beat Stokesley comfortably and it took just 7 minutes to take the lead.

Jonny Rowell on loan from Hartlepool scored his 10th goal of the season with a lovely curling shot from the edge of the area.

It was that man Rowell again who scored Marske’s and his second game of the day shortly after the break. A lovely solo run finished off nicely.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjNGNeG8i5U"]YouTube- Guisborough 0 - 2 Marske United - 06.03.10[/ame]

# # # # #

Marske United 2 – 1 Birtley

Marske United kept their 9 point lead intact today after a 2-1 win over Birtley at Mount Pleasant. Shane Ferguson opened the scoring in the 8th minute with his second goal of the season. On-form Jonny Rowell scored his 12th goal of the season on the half hour mark to put Marske 2-0 up by half time.

The second half performance was poor by recent standards and a goal by Ryan Cant on 78 minutes made for a nervy last ten, but Marske held on much to Readmans delight.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nOzQYHZH6Q"]YouTube- Marske Utd 2 - 1 Birtley - 13.03.10[/ame]

# # # # #

Hebburn 0 – 3 Marske United

Marske have met Hebburn twice already this season and twice Marske United have scored three in a 3-2 win.

That was before the arrival or Rikki Bains and Jody Gray, the two central defenders from Darlington. The two were inspirational at the back and allowed the attacking players to work their stuff and secure a 3-0 victory at the sports & social ground.

MotM Shaun Saiko had a superb game setting up two goals and scoring the other. The first, scored by Meyler came from a lovely through ball from the young Canadian. Saiko then got on the end of a Micahel Kay cross to slot home, before his own cross was met by striker Matty tymon in stoppage time to make it 3-0.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVw7Ohhi5k0"]YouTube- Hebburn 0 - 3 Marske Utd - 20.03.10[/ame]​

*It was confirmed after the match that Tymon pulled a hamstring and would be out of action for between 5 and 6 weeks.

*Marske’s victory today was their 6th in a row in the league, a new club record.

# # # # #

Marske Celebrate unlikely promotion

After securing three more points today it has been confirmed that Marske have achieved promotion from the Northern Division 2.

Fans were in a jubilant mood as they praised Readman as one of the most promising managers around after taking a mid table team to promotion at the first attempt.

Readman is said to be over the moon at the promotion and hopes to push on till the end of the season, without Matty Tymon to secure the championship. He also suggested he may look to bring in another striker on loan for a couple of months to cover the injured Tymon.

# # # # #

Marske United 4 – 0 Northumbria

Kevin Cook was handed a rare start today as he replaced the injured Matty Tymon in what was the only change from the line up that secured Marske’s promotion in last week’s 3-0 win over Hebburn.

Shane Ferguson opened the scoring in the 35th minute after a superb free kick from Jonny Rowell and the score didn’t change before half time. The Marske team came out unchanged after the break but looked a different side, 15 minutes into the second half Rowell got another goal for Marske after being set up by Shaun Saiko.

Rowe got Marske’s third after good work down the wing from Shane Ferguson and in the 80th minute Rowe turned into supplier as his cross was met by the head of Shaun Saiko to give Marske a 4-0 victory.

Marske need just 4 more points to secure the championship, results pending.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHs9wXAqWWY"]YouTube- Marske Utd 4 - 0 Northumbria - 27.03.10[/ame]​

*This was Marske’s 12th game unbeaten, another club record.

*After the match Readman confirmed that Harrogate’s Daniel Broadbent would join the club on loan for 3 months and he could well be joined by right winger Michael McCrudden on loan from Newcastle. Readman also confirmed rumours that he was allowing 14 players’ contracts to run out at the end of the season in a bid to reduce the wage bill further.

picture.php

picture.php

# # # # #

Marske United 6 – 1 Northallerton Town

Marske today played 3rd place Northallerton Town knowing that a win could potentially clinch the D2 title. New signings Broadbent and McCrudden both started in place of Cook and Rowe in a line up containing no less than 9 loaned players.

Within 8 minutes Marske took the lead after another wonder strike from Jonny Rowell.

An own goal ten minutes later from Kendall made it two nil to Marske, before another Rowell strike sealed Marske’s win before the half hour mark.

There was a scare of a comeback on the 37th minute as Northallerton pulled one back, but in the last minutes of the half new signing Broadbent headed home from a corner, Marske were 4-1 up at half time.

Minutes into the second half, Broadbent got his second and Marske’s 5th, their first 5 goal haul of the season.

A fabulous strike from Meyler rubbed it in Northallerton’s faces as Marske finished the game with a season best, 6-1 scoreline.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp5kMJtl4K0"]YouTube- Marske Utd 6 - 1 Northallerton Town Pt 1 - 03.04.10[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qh6vvRRCQos"]YouTube- Marske Utd 6 -1 Northallerton Town Pt 2 - 03.04.10[/ame]

Not only was it a seasons best for Readmans Marske, but the emphatic win also secured the Division 2 title after second placed Seaham were beaten 2-0 at North Shields.

TrophyICON.png

Though obviously delighted, Readmans words after the match seemed to have an unsettled undertone after rumours of an impending departure from Mount Pleasant for pastures new.

Readman said after the match; “Securing the title is the icing on the cake, it’s been a fantastic season and I would like to congratulate the players and all the fans, they have done me proud throughout, it has been a privilege working with them”.

*Steve Cook has left the club on a free transfer joining Thornaby.

# # # # #

Well done on promotion Redders, are you planning on staying at Marske?

Thanks Jack.

I have finished the season, so know the outcome, but Marske are my local side and to leave would be hard.

I will post the final 4 games of the season soon followed by all the news and my season in review feature.

Congratulations on the title win , Cant wait to see what else you can do with them next season :)

Well done on promotion do you f nto the unibond now?/ also known as northern premier? not too sure?

The next league up is the Northern Division 1. If I was to get promoted with Marske the following season I would be in the Unibond league :)

Well done Redders, it's a great story and i cant wait to see how well you both do.

okk could you check on my local team for me, Guiseley see how their geting on Unibond premier and the manager thanks mate.

Thanks Coach Carter.

Bodie, I will start the update now. Will be up in 20 minutes followed by the 2009/10 season summary.#

Danny, Guiseley finished 4th in their league but didn't get promoted via the playoffs as they were beaten by Boston.

Last edited: