Good luck with the final run in mate. Oooo an interesting proposition, if it was me I'd stay at De Graafschap. :)

Thanks man! Yeah i know, no way I'm leaving, just found it interesting that they were offering me the job with about 4 games left in the season being how close it is!

I feel like watching a really good thriller. What a tension :)

Hoping for you that Ajax slip up mate.

What a season - superb.

Hoping for you that Ajax slip up mate.

What a season - superb.

Haha, thanks mate! Yeah I know, so annoyed with that Excelsior defeat. Oh well, still been a top season if we dont win the league:)

I feel like watching a really good thriller. What a tension :)

Haha, trying to build up the tension a bit ;) Thanks mate!

View attachment 279323

End of Season Update

Two huge games awaited us, the cup final and the last day of the season against our bitter rivals Vitesse. Could we make history?

Results

Dutch Cup Final / 24/5/16 / De Graafschap v Vitesse

The huge final kicked off, and we were the better team out of the gate. And our good start was rewarded when Lucas Boye put us 1-0 up after just 14 minutes, a great start! We continued to press, but looked solid defensively. Just before half time we grabbed another! A brilliant time to score, we went in at half time 2-0 up. I assured the boys that the game wasn't won yet, and we went out looking slightly edgy but disciplined. Leandro Banegas scored for Vitesse with around 15 minutes left, 2-1, an edgy scoreline. To make matters worse, Jason Denayer got sent off just minutes from full time. Everyone was defending, and we hung on to win the 1st Dutch Cup in De Graafschap history!

View attachment 279314

Our season was not over yet though, we had to get our heads down as we had the title to fight for in a weeks time!

1/5/16 / Vitesse v De Graafschap

Ajax were at home to AZ, PSV were away at Zwolle and we were away at Vitesse, all 3 teams had tough games. Just 9 minutes in Saleh Gomma scored an absolute beauty from the edge of the box, 1-0! However, the atmosphere was dampened as news filtered through that Ajax were winning through a Zellabos header. The players kept there heads down, and Vincent Vermeij scored just before half time, 2-0 just like the Cup Final! However, Ajax had scored again, they were 2-0 up, surely our chances of the title were over.

The second half began, but Vitesse soon pulled one back and it looked like Cup Final v2 was happening. Suddenly a huge roar from the stands at the away end, AZ had done the impossible and come back to 2-2! If things were staying the same the title was ours! The players kept plugging away, and we scored two more to put the game out of sight. 4-1 up! There was a delay in the Ajax game so as the final whistle blew, everyone turned there heads to the Ajax game.

Ajax were all over them 7 minutes into added time, it looked impossible for them not to score. But suddenly AZ got the ball back and it was 2 players versus the keeper! GOAL! 3-2 to AZ! It was in that moment we knew, we had done it.

View attachment 279311

View attachment 279303

View attachment 279310

The PSV game finished 3-4 in a thriller, but it ended up being irrelevant.

View attachment 279309

View attachment 279308 View attachment 279307

In an absolutely unreal season, we win both the Eredivisie and the Dutch Cup for the first time in the clubs history. We won the league by 2 points in the end, which also means we automatically qualify for the UCL group stages next season. If we had drawn our last game, we would've been in the Europa League.

What a season.

OMG ! You and your team are incredible ! First season in Eredivisie-2 trophyes...Amazing
Congrats !

Man, that final league day was absolutely fantastic, that's why I love FM and AZ scored in 90+8 minute just to make things look more dramatic :) You've done unbelievably well, I hope you'll get lots of money as the CL is ahead of you! I really enjoy your story, the best one I've read here. Been waiting for this update more than for Barca-PSG game hah. I hope you won't get bored with posting updates here!

Man, that final league day was absolutely fantastic, that's why I love FM and AZ scored in 90+8 minute just to make things look more dramatic :) You've done unbelievably well, I hope you'll get lots of money as the CL is ahead of you! I really enjoy your story, the best one I've read here. Been waiting for this update more than for Barca-PSG game hah. I hope you won't get bored with posting updates here!

Yeah, what a final day it was. :) It was even better playing it! Can't wait for UCL football after being in the Dutch 2nd tier only a year ago! Thanks so much man, means a lot. Comments like that are what motivate me to keep it going as long as possible!

OMG ! You and your team are incredible ! First season in Eredivisie-2 trophyes...Amazing
Congrats !

Haha, no idea how we did it! Thanks a lot man :)

Unreal season mate, congrats (H)

Thanks a lot mate, it was unreal!

Congrats man what a fantastic end to the season (H)

Cheers mate, still have no idea how it happened, I expect Ajax and PSV will be much stronger next year

Hopefully not haha! Although, I will be curious to see if your finances will allow you to come back stronger too.

Any transfer targets in mind?

Hopefully not haha! Although, I will be curious to see if your finances will allow you to come back stronger too.

Any transfer targets in mind?

Hmmm, my main aim is to bring in some top class youth players and start to make that 'conveyor belt' of players I was talking about. Hopefully we can invest in the facilities as well. Although I would like to strengthen up our False 9s, as well as Centre Back. Oh and I will be on the look out to see if Memphis Depay is available ;)

won the league in Fergie time!! Well done mate

It definitely was haha! Cheers man :)

Why are you not happy with the summer? Is the reputation of De Graafschap still too low and you can't attract any valuable players or what?

View attachment 278261

Summer Update/Season Review

League and Stats

Eredivisie

View attachment 278260

This is how the Eredivisie ended up looking last season, with us winning the league by 2 points.

Stats

View attachment 278257 View attachment 278256
View attachment 278255

We had 6 players in the top 20 Av. rating in the league. I won Manager of the Year, whilst Vincent Vermeij and Saleh Gomma made the top 3 in Eredivisie Player of the Year. Zapata deservedly won it.

Premier League

View attachment 278259

Had to include this! Liverpool absolutely walked the BPL! :D

Facilities Update

View attachment 278254

Through the prize money for winning the league and the Cup, the board decided to build a new Stadium, De Graafschap Stadium! As well as that, we invested in a variety of facilities which should help improve the club hugely.

View attachment 278253 View attachment 278252
View attachment 278251

Aims for the Summer

My main priority is to keep 3 key players, Borja Granero, Branco van den Boomen and Saleh Gomma. I think that these 3 players are good enough to be where I want the squad to be. Everyone else I would love to make a big profit on if possible, where we can bring on some top quality talent so we can compete in the Champions League! I also want to get a conveyor belt of youngsters coming through up and running. Now we are at the top of Dutch football, The Pozzo Machine can begin to be created..

Glad to see you're continuing with this mate! Looking forward to seeing the transfer dealings from the summer.

I'm a bit jealous that you've managed to get a new stadium already though, on my ADO save we have maxed out the current stadium at something like 19,000 seats and we can't build a new one until like 2027 because the current stadium was built in 2007!

Glad to see you're continuing with this mate! Looking forward to seeing the transfer dealings from the summer.

I'm a bit jealous that you've managed to get a new stadium already though, on my ADO save we have maxed out the current stadium at something like 19,000 seats and we can't build a new one until like 2027 because the current stadium was built in 2007!

Haha cheers, played a bit further and things started to work out a bit better :)

Ahh man, that is annoying. Our stadium has around 8000 seats so we need a new one. I was hoping the board would wait a few more seasons to be honest so it would be named after me! xD