Nice intake, tough season though - would have been a real nightmare had you failed to get Europe at all.

Look out for a Fagrie Lakay or Broderick Burds, two very decent South Africans who are pretty young!

Will do mate. Tbh wouldnt have minded not getting into Europe, would've allowed us really concentrate on winning the league again - My team start playing well when I dont want them to!

Love this mate! Every time I come on here it is the first thread I go onto to see how you've done! Unlucky with this season but that youngster in the latest youth intake looks fairly decent!

Haha, thanks a lot mate! :) Yeah, hopefully next season will be better. I got Sami Khedira tutoring him so should be good :p

Thanks a lot mate! Yeah I think that too, we cant expect to be winning everything yet! our youth squad is pretty stacked with talent right now haha! I can send you the skin if you want?

Yeah course, you're building the club up and you've already got a few titles in the cabinet!

Yeah if it's not too much hassle :) Cheers!

View attachment 268442

End of Season Review

So, we had a season to forgot, probably the first back season I have had in my 5 years at the club.

Eredivisie Awards

POTY

View attachment 268439

YPOTY

View attachment 268438

GOTY

View attachment 268437

MOTY

View attachment 268436

Kenneth Paal wins both POTY and YPOTY in a brilliant breakout year for the young man. Franco Pereyra runner up in YPOTY for the 2nd year running. Darko Zeijkovic had a brilliant season, the young GK for PSV is top class, and Jean-Paul de Jong deservedly won Manager of the Year after guiding FC Utrecht to 4th.

Eredivisie Player Stats

View attachment 268435

View attachment 268434

View attachment 268433

Franco Pereyra finished top scorer despite missing around 2-3 months of the season, Branco van den Boomen was injured to much to be considered in these stats. In comparision to last season there are hardly any of our players here.

Eredivisie Team Stats

View attachment 268432

View attachment 268431

Its easy to see where we have slipped up, the second SS is laughable. Defensively we have been shocking. Although we did score 15 fewer goals than last season.

Squad

View attachment 268430

Certain players have not been good enough this year. Mate Loncarevic is on the brink of becoming a world class CB, but hasn't played like one for sure. We have a problem in goal, Silhavy is not progressing and isn't playing too well, do I play him, Gudino or young Falchi? Franco Pereyra has been a bright spark in a poor side, he has dragged us through the season. Soto has been brilliant since he has come in too, excited for what he can do next year. Alisson who came in for 140k last Summer has had a good first year. Cusi and Thauvin both had good season but want to leave.

My POTY & YPOTY

View attachment 268429

This season, Franco Pereyra wins both my POTY and YPOTY. He has scored 27 goals in 35 games, an unreal record. He has been world class, I hope to hold on to him unless a crazy offer comes in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is clear something needs to change. I'm not sure whether to go to 4 at the back to solve our defensive struggles, or continue with the 3-4-1-2. We absolutely destroyed the league last season using the same philosophy in which we have been so poor this season. Some transfers will be made, I will look to improve the squad as much as possible, so we can look regain our Eredivisie crown.

We will be back.

View attachment 268428

Holland Update

Quick Netherlands update. We are currently qualifying for the Euros which will take place in 2020, here is how it is going.

View attachment 268427

We are top of the group, but are yet to face Sweden who will be our only challenge in a relatively easy group.

View attachment 268426

A top 8 side in world football.

View attachment 268425

Here is the current squad. Memphis Depay and Richario Zivkovic are our main men, although sadly Memphis Depay recently broke his leg. I have also given Branco van den Boomen his first few caps.

Not much to report as we have only really played a few friendlies other than these games. Next Netherlands update will probably by in new year.​

You should make an update with the top 10 talents that went through your club till now

Looming forward to seeing who you bring in over the summer.

You should make an update with the top 10 talents that went through your club till now

I will do at the end mate, not enough players yet!

Lucky for you that PSV bloke is at Monaco now!!

Haha, you weren't meant to see that yet! ;) Ajax and PSV seem to sell their best players after they have had 1 good season at the club, kind of annoying because I want Dutch football to grow!

Looming forward to seeing who you bring in over the summer.

Will put it up now. :)

View attachment 268071

Summer Update / 2019

We had the most important Summer in the Club's history ahead of us. For the first time we had taken a step back, and we needed to get on the front foot again.

Facilities Upgrades

View attachment 268069

View attachment 268068

Some great news to begin the Summer with. Further improvements would be made to the training facilities at the club, and the Stadium would be expanded to around 30,000 seats. Our facilities are really starting to rival that of Ajax's and PSV's.

Transfers OUT

Franco Pereyra / AS Monaco - 20 million, could rise to 26 million

View attachment 268060

View attachment 268057

12th July 2019 will be remembered as one of the saddest days in De Graafschap history. That's how much I loved this guy! Franco Pereyra has felt like bringing up my long lost son, he has been absolutely unreal since he joined in 2016 for 1.2 million from Wanderers in Uruguay. In his first season he scored 10 goals in 10 games after joining in January. Since then he has since gone on to play in a World Cup Final, win World Cup Best goal, and score 69 goals for the club in only 96 total appearances for De Graafschap. He will be dearly missed, but I just couldn't turn down that sum of money for anyone in the position we are currently in. He is already tearing up the French league, and I wish him the best of luck! As you can see we parted emotionally. - Miss you Franco!

Florian Thauvin / Lyon - 10.75 Million

View attachment 268067

Florian Thauvin leaves the club after a few really successful years with us. He was really dissappointed with the team's performance last season though, so Lyon met his release clause and he was off. A shame to see such a talented lad go, but we did make a profit of 8 Million on him.

Adrien Rabiot / Stoke - 8.5 million

View attachment 268066

A big sale for the club, but I felt he was becoming surplus to requirements do to the top class CMs we have coming through the youth and have brought in. 5.5 million profit.

Luke Jovic / Fenerbache - 5.5 million

View attachment 268065

Luka Jovic has never lived up to the high hopes I had for him, he had to go. If he does ever reach his potential we are owed 25% of his next transfer fee.

Reguillio Tiendalli / Heracles / 975k

View attachment 268064

Heracles signed our youth product via the 'Approach to sign' method, which I was pretty happy with as we are owed 25% of his next fee, and is a good chance for him to reach his potential. His brother Erik went out on loan to FC Twente, and is looking like a very promising CB.

Lucas Boye / Gimnastic - Loan

View attachment 268061

Lucas Boye has not performed how I hoped he would at all when I bought him in permanently, he hasnt been good enough. I told him to go and prove himself at our feeder club Gimnastic. We can always recall him if we need him.

Josef Silhavy / Brondby - Loan

View attachment 268007

Last season we conceded far too many goals, and I think a large chunk of the blame goes to Josef. After being our 1st choice GK he has not progressed as much as I had hoped, Raul Gudino will be our 1st choice this season, with Sebastian Flachi 2nd choice.

A load of other younger players who haven't progressed how I hoped have been sold, all for a really good profit as we signed them for so cheap. We sold or loaned out 3 strikers, which means we had to get some business done!

Players IN

Clearly, we lost some great players in the Summer, so it was vital to bring in top quality players otherwise we could take another step back!

Renato Mabilia / Gremio - 6.5 million, could rise to 8.5

View attachment 268052

Let me introduce you to Franco Pereyra's replacement! No pressure then! He looks top class though, already a Complete forward who can do a bit of everything! Really high hopes for Renato Mabilia

Carlao / Santos Laguna - 5 million

View attachment 268051

Looking back I may have slightly overpaid for this guy, but he could be a future captain at the club. I originally brought him in as a starting RB, but we won't be playing with full backs so he will be a rotational player in CM.

Jeremie Boga / Chelsea - 3.3 million

View attachment 268035

A great talent who has never been fully utilised, we will see if we can turn Jeremie Boga into a world class player, he looks decent already!

Tonny Trindade de Vilhena / Sampdoria - 1.5 million

View attachment 268054

View attachment 268046

Absolutely delighted with this signing. Tonny was so good at Feyenoord a few years ago, he won Dutch Young Player of the Year in 2016, but then moved to Sampdoria for 8 million euros. He has since not got a look in, and has probably regressed quite a lot as a player. I plan on bringing him back to his best at De Graafschap, he will be one of our main men this year at CAM.

Jiri Hruska / Dukla Prague - 1.5 million

View attachment 268038

1.5 milion for a 16 year old? Yes, but this man can do anything, he will one day be one of the World's best CMs, just wait! He is already playing for the Czech national side!

Juan Sanchez Mino / Torino - 900k

View attachment 268037

Bought in to replace Aaron Meijers as back-up down the left flank, quite a versatile player.

Farek Handzic / Hadjek - 650k

View attachment 268036

Wow, what a talent this young man is. Another 16 year old from Europe, he could be a world class player one day!

Miguel Garces / Deportivo Cali - 650k

View attachment 268032

Another player signed from Deportivo Cali, following in Cesar Gomez and Juan Alejandro Ocampo's footsteps. Signed with hours to spare on deadline day, he is a brilliant talent, extremely technically gifted.

Josip Covic / Zagreb - Free

View attachment 268027

Adds to our options as a replacement for Florian Thauvin. Josip is playing in Bosnia's national side, and is a great pick-up for free.

Rodney Kongolo / Man City - Free

View attachment 268025

The young Dutchman adds to our options all the way through the centre of the pitch. He could be a great player, but is only a rotation option at the moment.

Overall I am very happy with the signings. I think we have brought in some brilliant talents, who will join our already potential-filled squad. We are ready to challenge for the league title again!

Finances

View attachment 268021

View attachment 268020

The finances of the club are looking really healthy after some good business over the last few years.

Last edited:
NO! Gutted to see him leave.

Quite surreal to see how far you've brought this club on though.

Europa League ! Not so bad :)
I still dunno understand why you sold Pereyra ? Only 20+...
But hands down,really good sigbings,cheap and youngs :))
Great updateds ! My favourite story this years ! Keep it up mate !

Farewell Franco! That must've been a tough decision, but you made a good profit and it will help the club grow. Hopefully a few other players will step it up this year and get you back to the top.

Favourite story on FM base by far! It's amazing how far you've brought this club. Keep it up mate, loving every update!

Europa League ! Not so bad :)
I still dunno understand why you sold Pereyra ? Only 20+...
But hands down,really good sigbings,cheap and youngs :))
Great updateds ! My favourite story this years ! Keep it up mate !

Thanks man. Only 20+? When we signed him for 1 mil 2 years ago that is a deal in my eyes! Especially as he isn't insane stats wise.

Farewell Franco! That must've been a tough decision, but you made a good profit and it will help the club grow. Hopefully a few other players will step it up this year and get you back to the top.

He will be missed greatly. :( I think I had to do it though, couldn't turn that down, stats wise Mabilia is better than him too I think. I checked on him, half way through October he still hasn't played a Ligue 1 game, he isnt getting a look in at Monaco! Might be able to buy him back cheap hehe.. XD

Favourite story on FM base by far! It's amazing how far you've brought this club. Keep it up mate, loving every update!

Haha, thanks so much mate!

I reckon you got a good deal for him, your Chilean striker actually looks better imo
Can't really argue with his record though

View attachment 267574

August Update

A huge month for the club, had our change over Summer paid off?

Results

1/8/19 / PAS Gimmana - A - Europa League Qualifying Rnd.3

View attachment 267571

A solid performance, job done in the first leg I would say.

4/8/19 / Feyenoord - A

View attachment 267570

A tough game to start the season off, we dominated the first half, but came in with only a 1 goal lead at half time through a wonderful Van den Boomen free kick. New signing, a now 36 year old Robin van Persie led the line for Feyenoord, and equalised through a header on the hour mark. We then pushed on and were all over them, it looked like we would start the league off with a disappointing draw, until Renato Mabilia pulled it back to Tonny Trindade de Vilhena, who scored a beauty from the edge of the box with the last kick off the game! Coming back to haunt his former club! What a start to the Eredivisie.

8/8/19 / PAS Gimanna - H - Europa League Qualifying Rnd.3

View attachment 267558

The damage was done in Cyprus, the U19s finished off the Cypriot side 6-1 on aggregate.

11/8/19 / FC Twente - H

View attachment 267555

An absolutely unreal performance from the lads! Renato Mabilia scored a hat-trick, and grabbed 3 assists in a rout over FC Twente, top quality. That winning feeling is back!

14/8/19 / NEC - A

View attachment 267546

Mabilia continues his brilliant start to the season, scoring both as we beat NEC 2-1. Thats 5 goals and 3 assists for him in 2 games!

18/8/19 / Roda JC - A

View attachment 267550

Wow, a very strange game. We dominated the ball as usual and had way more chances, but 3 minutes where 3 goals were scored decided the game. Luckily, we were the ones who scored 2. However, Mabilia who has been so good for us picked up an injury that would keep him out for 4 weeks, a blow.

22/8/19 / KV Mechelen - A - Europa League Qualifying Rnd.4

View attachment 267544

We probably deserved to win by more, due to the fact we had 63% possession, 28 shots and 15 on target, but I will take a 1 goal lead back to Holland where we know we have a chance against anyone.

25/8/19 / ADO Den Haag - H

View attachment 267543

A strange performance for us, we were not good defensively, and that's the first time this season I can say that. However on a positive not, Alberto Murillo played brilliantly and score 2 times, meaning 3 goals in 2 games for him. He has been on loan the past two year, he is now 21 and I decided its time he got a chance, which he is rewarding me for. Dare I say we have 3 quality strikers now at the club?..

28/8/19 / KV Mechelen - H - Europa League Qualifying Rnd.4

View attachment 267541

A solid performance to finish off the month, with Murillo grabbing two more! He is looking quality, however is still a back-up to Mabillia and Soto in my mind. We are through to the groups, and will play Benfica, Ludogrets and Hearts. The media thought it was a tough group, I think we should definitely qualify though.

View attachment 267540

Squad

View attachment 267539

Proud of the lads for starting the season off so strongly. Our 3 strikers have been the stars of the show though, Mabilia, Soto and Murillo have scored 19 goals and 11 assist between them!

Eredivisie

View attachment 267536

Brilliant start to our league campaign, we are top of the league by a point, but have a game in hand. Ajac and sc Heerenveen have started slowly.

That winning, confident vibe is back!​

Great to see the winning vibe return.

Although, as a Jambo I'm praying slightly they beat you in the Group Stages (K)

Haha,of course,a great month :))
It seems that Soto is the new Pereyra !
Good job !

Good to have that winning feeling back! You've turned it around pal.