The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Yup. For a 0-0 with few chances that was a real good watch.

Real intriguing game. Wouldn't like to call it at HT.

Aye this is a tight one

If I had to predict it I think one of these argentine counters will prove successful, if that happens it will open the game right up as chile will have to go for it.

All the pundits premier sports could have chosen they have gone with big Sam, pat Nevin and Danny mills this is on par with MOTD for utter ***** punditry. Think us guys on the forum would be more insightful on the copa

I have been wondering who the co commentator is because he is talking utter ***** as well and it's Brian ******* little I rest my case

All the pundits premier sports could have chosen they have gone with big Sam, pat Nevin and Danny mills this is on par with MOTD for utter ***** punditry. Think us guys on the forum would be more insightful on the copa

Watching on BeIN Sports, they've got Richard Keys, Andy Gray, Ruud Gullit and Christian Vieri as pundits... So much better.

Watching on BeIN Sports, they've got Richard Keys, Andy Gray, Ruud Gullit and Christian Vieri as pundits... So much better.

The worst was when Brazil went out.

Gullit and Vieri were a complete embarrassment. Continually laughing at Firmino, which would of been a 'meh, whatever', save for Gullit insisting he'd not been scouted/ he was beyond average in Germany/ shocking signing etc all with Vieri giggling away like a pre-pubescent school girl. It was so cringe worthy even Keys and Gray where getting ******.

I don't know what you mean, the highlight of the convo at half time was how sanchez's season with arsenal and him playing in this game is going to shorten his career. ;)

Chile starting to crank it up a bit now and are getting a stranglehold on this game now, although Argentina may have intentionally be sitting off them dangerous tho IMO

TBH Cant remember the last time Argentina won anything! About 13 yrs?

Not sure last few copas have been Uruguay and Brazil IIRC, so maybe one before that? It's a crime if Lionel doesn't drag the Argies to a World Cup. Buffon got it right when he said he was an Alien he is the best player I have seen week in week out as I am too young for the other greats so cannot compare. My first foray into football was about 94 watching Serie A.

Think Martinez needs to bring Tevez on for his work rate alone not sure who I would bring off tho maybe Lavezzi and go a bit narrower and give Aguero more support he is living off scraps right now

Not sure last few copas have been Uruguay and Brazil IIRC, so maybe one before that? It's a crime if Lionel doesn't drag the Argies to a World Cup. Buffon got it right when he said he was an Alien he is the best player I have seen week in week out as I am too young for the other greats so cannot compare. My first foray into football was about 94 watching Serie A.
Games turning a bit dire now tbh. The pace was bound to drop eventually. Chile have sure give some fouls away so far.

I am not Martino's biggest fan, I watched Barce a lot when he was there and he is showing me why tonight again why I do not particularly rate him as a coach. Aguero is off now so my bet is dead so c'mon Chile!

Should of been Tevez for Lavezzi imo. Got peno all over this.

Yeah defo, Could hassle their back line more and give Aguero more support and probably create more space for him and Lionel too, martino baffles me did at barce too. Do you Remember the game for the title home to Atletico and Barce turn into Stoke?

If you don't include the '04 and '08 Olympic titles, which is an under-23 tournament anyways; you're going back to the 1993 Copa for Argentina's last victory.

8 Copa's ago.

Back