The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
What a touch by Mahrez to set up their 2nd goal, jeez what a player Mahrez is.

Like to see him do it for a second season before I'd be wanting him. Maybe this is his breakthrough season at 25 but I'd want more of a consistent period to be sure.

Certainly a genuine contender for player of the year this season though.

In the summer Leicester gonna get raided by armies of Mordor.

Like to see him do it for a second season before I'd be wanting him. Maybe this is his breakthrough season at 25 but I'd want more of a consistent period to be sure.

Certainly a genuine contender for player of the year this season though.

Nah he doesn't need another season, he's an absolute wizard, magic on the ball at any moment he can produce. Very rare you get them types of players.

Does anyone want to win the title?

I'd say City are done for the league now. Brings me back to the cup at Chelsea the other week and Pellegrini's foolish decision to go SO weak with all the debutants.

Season's petering out to nothing with a quadruple becoming just a league cup. Might be wrong, but pretty sure they've not beaten a top 6 side all season.

I'd say City are done for the league now. Brings me back to the cup at Chelsea the other week and Pellegrini's foolish decision to go SO weak with all the debutants.

Season's petering out to nothing with a quadruple becoming just a league cup. Might be wrong, but pretty sure they've not beaten a top 6 side all season.

Seen on twitter that apparently they have 3 points out of 33 vs the top 8 thats absolutely shocking

Regardless of what's happened recently, if they decide to dispense of Arsene after the season I'll be real sad to see him go. It's like he's become part of the footballing furniture-the old guard of the great era's of the Prem are departing. Yeah sure there's going to be other great managers, but I still feel that twinge of sadness watching old Premier League highlights when we had the likes of Sir Alex, Rafa, Redknapp (during his Spurs stint) and Jose in his "better" days.

Without them we wouldn't have seen the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Ronaldo-and without the likes of Fergie and Man Utd the England squad may have been far, far weaker. Obviously times change, but from the perspective of someone who's witnessed the birth of the Prem, still feels a bit sad with the old guard slowing dropping out the Prem.

Last edited:
If Spurs end up winning the title, the whole Arsenal fanbase will be calling for Wenger's head.

If Spurs end up winning the title, the whole Arsenal fanbase will be calling for Wenger's head.

I'm not going to lie. When I see the biggest rivals of a club win a major trophy (like Spurs)I usually sit back and await the mountains of salt to cascade on forums

View attachment 172496

Regardless of what's happened recently, if they decide to dispense of Arsene after the season I'll be real sad to see him go. It's like he's become part of the footballing furniture-the old guard of the great era's of the Prem are departing. Yeah sure there's going to be other great managers, but I still feel that twinge of sadness watching old Premier League highlights when we had the likes of Sir Alex, Rafa, Redknapp (during his Spurs stint) and Jose in his "better" days.

Without them we wouldn't have seen the likes of Henry, Bergkamp, Ronaldo-and without the likes of Fergie and Man Utd the England squad may have been far, far weaker. Obviously times change, but from the perspective of someone who's witnessed the birth of the Prem, still feels a bit sad with the old guard slowing dropping out the Prem.
Wenger will be gone at the end of his contract anyway, but yeah it'll be sad to see him go.

Back