The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Mahrez is such a magical player.

Like all his teammates, season of his life.

He'd be my POTY. But as they do the voting half way through the frigging year who knows what big name they'll undeservedly give it to?

Best thing to happen to this league for a **** of a long time will be if Leicester win it, that's a huge 3 points for them.

8 clear of Arsenal and 5 clear of Spurs. 9 games left.

I wont lie, Im cheering so ******* hard for Leichester.

That'll be put to the test when the tip up at Utd then. :P.

Lets hope by then their lost to United means only two things:

1) They already are in really good position and that lost don't mean a thing
2) Lost game against United puts United in first place

We both know which one is more likely :(

I've been waiting for them to slip up, but it's just not happening. It's finally starting to sink in that this season's champions will probably be Leicester. This **** barely happens in FM, is this real life?

I've been waiting for them to slip up, but it's just not happening. It's finally starting to sink in that this season's champions will probably be Leicester. This **** barely happens in FM, is this real life?

Oh, still too early to crown anyone yet. They have a nice cushion going into the last 9, but they're full of players that have never in their wildest dreams experienced anything like this. The crux will come 5 games out when they can all but reach out and hold the trophy. How will they handle that? They've a great run on paper up until the final three games. But at this stage it's all about handling the emotions. Be interesting to see if they do without the experience of it.

Remember the end to '13/'14 with us with, albeit better players, a team full of nobody that had been in that position outside of Kolo. Look how that ended up when most everyone Country wide thought we'd won it.

A lot of football to be played yet.

Oh, still too early to crown anyone yet. They have a nice cushion going into the last 9, but they're full of players that have never in their wildest dreams experienced anything like this. The crux will come 5 games out when they can all but reach out and hold the trophy. How will they handle that? They've a great run on paper up until the final three games. But at this stage it's all about handling the emotions. Be interesting to see if they do without the experience of it.

Remember the end to '13/'14 with us with, albeit better players, a team full of nobody that had been in that position outside of Kolo. Look how that ended up when most everyone Country wide thought we'd won it.

Please remind me how it ended up? I forgot.

Hue hue hue

Oh definitely, I'm not taking it for granted at all. It's just that I've gone so long waiting for them to slip up I haven't even considered it an actual possibility yet. But now it's more than possible, I'd say it's probable. But, of course, still 27 points to be handed out.

Also, please don't remind me of the end of that season again, I'm still trying to deal with it..

It's not only the position they are in (which is great with 9 games to go) it's also their fixtures left which are favorable apart from the last 3 games.

I think the fact that people still aren't convinced will help to aleviate the pressure until like Scouse says the last 5 games when it will be squeaky *** time. But if the rivals keep ******* up it might not even matter lol. Dont think anyone behind them wants to win the league the way its going. Also I remember me and Scouse having heated debate with some of the Arsenal lot on here that they neeeded more than what they had its certainly looking that way now to me anyhow.

Please remind me how it ended up? I forgot. .....

Lol. F-er! You can see this finger right? Lol.

..... Also, please don't remind me of the end of that season again, I'm still trying to deal with it..

*Chuckles. I hear yer man. The kick in the teeth to come SO close after SO long and have it taken away when we had it in our own hands was just the lowest blow possible..... And I seriously thought it was going to be YEARS before we got that close again and we'd be regretting that over and over.

But then this German fella' arrived. And the pain was replaced by genuine hope and excitement. With the right backing, I sincerely believe we could be seriously challenging as early as next year. Definitely the season after we'll be right back up there. Our cycle is coming again matey. And all the waiting will be all the sweeter when he brings home #19.

Should be an exciting conclusion to the season. Hope The Foxes do not go all Liverpool on us.

Everton should be nailed on win for Leicester tbh. I've never seen my club defend so bad and Mirallas was a complete donut. Our defense needs to be reinforced in the summer. I was disgusted by our collapse. You need to see it as an example of how not to defend.

Salty af

Andre Marriner sums up the level of officiating. It's about dam time dives were punished and not rewarded like that. You can argue Palace defending was awful but that's not the point.

Well the word on the street is that McClaren will be sacked today, and Rafa and Moyes are both front runners for the job. Moyes having already held talks with the board

LVG saying Mata shouldn't of got sent off because he's a nice bloke. Pardew saying there was contact on Benteke but not enough for a penalty. Delaney saying it should be harder to be awarded a penalty late than earlier in the game. And Martinez implying you shouldn't get booked for diving if it's early in a game.

One HUGELY embarrassing weekend for Premier League managers and players on front of a microphone.

What is so embarrassing about this?

1445318138953.png

Back