The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
So sad about Ugo 44 no ******* age to go at all. Just seen Paul Merson crying his eyes out on SSN was nearly going myself. In his day was a criminally underated centre half, and by all accounts a proper football man and all round top bloke.

I've only just got back from work to find this out. 44. Seriously what the absolute f***?

Obviously poch didn't watch mou last weekend with respect to marking hazard. Look at all that space he had.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

It's been a very spursy performance. Dominate for large parts of the game..yet spurs still end up getting rekt.

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

7th semi final defeat in a row at Wembley. Ouch! They must be dreading it being there home ground next season.

Alli & Kante take the awards.. Fair enough, no shock there, both can easy be defended for getting it.

Well that's Newcastle back in the Prem. Bet the fans are chomping at the bit for the fixture list to check dates for games against Sund-oh wait..........

So Benitez, Mourinho and Guardiola all in the same league next year. Prepare the popcorn and brace yourself for epic meltdowns.

So Benitez, Mourinho and Guardiola all in the same league next year. Prepare the popcorn and brace yourself for epic meltdowns.

Rafa and Pep be sound. Mutual respect there.

Newcastle need to employ Luis Garcia as a one game meet and greater to welcome Mourinho off the coach .....

Anyhow, hopefully Rafa finds his place in the world for a while. For someone so astute he can't pick good jobs for ****.

Anyhow, hopefully Rafa finds his place in the world for a while. For someone so astute he can't pick good jobs for ****.

Newcastle is his ideal.

Rafa craves being worshipped. Staying with Newcastle in the Championship and bringing them back up has just elevated him to Keegan-esq status up there and as much love as he still carries in Liverpool.

Calculated gamble that's returned MASSIVE dividends fro him. Now he can set about building the club.

Yeah, they all tripping over each other on who can kiss Rafa's *** more.

..... Will be interesting to see them CL next year. ....

By all accounts they won't be.

Under UEFA rules, owners of more than one team can rightly can only have 1 team in a European competition. And the strong rumour is they favour entering Salzburg.

Isn't technically Leipzig owned by fans?? Germany has that rule, if i'm not wrong...

Technically. I believe you have to adhere to the 50+1 rule to be accepted into the Bundesliga but don't quote me.

But to say they 'actually' are is somewhat misleading. They have virtually no fan 'members' to vote on anything. The membership fee is exorbitant and the actual members they do have (17 at last count apparently) are all Red Bull employees.

Caused all sorts of controversy in Germany where they're detested. Which is quite impressive for an 8-year club.

They are to all intents and purposes part of the Red Bull franchise.

Last edited:
By all accounts they won't be.

Under UEFA rules, owners of more than one team can rightly can only have 1 team in a European competition. And the strong rumour is they favour entering Salzburg.
I could be wrong but I think the team that finishes highest in its league is supposed to go into the CL which would be Salzburg, would have thought they would try to get Leipzig in though as it would be tough to get the quality of payer they need to improve with no CL

Back