The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Oh lord, is there no end of attention-*****-refering pulled off by Webb? I'm starting to think this is being done on purpose so fans have something to talk about. In a normal world that guy would be flushed down the toilet ages ago.

I'd like to see you guys do Webb's job. Some of the criticism he is getting is laughable.

As long as Blatter is in charge it will NEVER happen. Personally I no longer see the reason "it will ruin the flow of the game" being a valid reason-it's pure ****. It can be reviewed when the ball goes out of play no? 5 seconds taken up out of 90+ minutes. It's money nothing more. They won't see any value commercially unlike with the goal-line technology. How many companies are lined up for that? If video replay can generate some form of income it would be introduced in a heartbeat. FIFA don't care about football-they care only about getting the revenue. And that's why I truly hate them and have nothing but utter comptempt for them.

Get someone to check video footage in real time and radio it to the ref, can't be that hard. Or at the very least a challenge system like in tennis. The manager or the captain can ask the ref X times/game to review a particular doubtful decision they feel went against them.

well other sports are having this video replay system (like ice hockey and tennis), why not football :P XD

Blackburn 3 QPR 0. I can see Rovers staying up now they keep this up

wow suarez. tsk smh

and glad henry scored again on his last league game till he departs.

"I thought the game plan was excellent but the players were unlucky," McLeish told Sky Sports HD1.

Oh dear me.

McLeish lives to entertain, I was thoroughly entertained by his game plan personally.

Clearly he played Heskey RM to negate the aerial threat of Kolarov and he went 10 behind the ball at home to make sure Bent couldn't score so his stock wouldn't rise. Watching Heskey play right-mid-in-the-hole-winger-fullback dazzles me personally, great entertainment.

McLeish is a tactical genius playing a right footed centre back at LB, obvious so he could tackle the left footed Johnson cutting inside better.

Villa were bad but City still weren't at their best, Gareth Barry once again shows how good he is against behind the ball teams in a slow tempo giving the impression to everybody that he may actually be a title winning midfielder.

Not everyone gets Big Ec, it takes an open mind and a strong alcohol-blood level to understand his game plans.

I like the way McLeish manages to be a tactical chameleon yet completely fail to adapt his tactics in any way to the opposition.

He's like a chameleon turning to black in the middle of Antarctica.

was there a streaker in the villa vs city game ?. lol

Last edited:
Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has been sacked

Finally got round to watchin MoTD. Some really good games.

1) What in the name of everything in holy happened to Newcastles defence? Was expecting a much closer game than that.
2) Ashley Cole demonstrated why he should no longer be Englands number one (just an opinion).
3) Was Cech trying to be Evertons 12th man or something?
4) Pienaar demonstrated his quality-Tottenhams loss is our gain. Excellently taken goal.
5) I thought the Swansea v Norwich game was the best of the weekend. Two sides going at it toe to toe. They will stay up. Also shows to other championship sides that they have nothing to fear anymore.
6) QPR were just shambolic-can't see them staying up. You're meant to try for 90 minutes not just 45. Pathetic.
7) Is it me, or is Dempsey the RVP of Fulham? Without him they're pretty much screwed.
8) Rooney scoring twice made Saturday all the more sweeter for Everton fans.

4) Pienaar demonstrated his quality-Tottenhams loss is our gain. Excellently taken goal.

Actually, it's their gain as well. They sent him over to us at a time where we still need to play all of their rivals. Not a bad move for either side.

Actually, it's their gain as well. They sent him over to us at a time where we still need to play all of their rivals. Not a bad move for either side.

Maybe-but when one of the best players gets injured, they could use someone like Steven-unless there's a recall option that I've not heard of.

Back