The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K

It was a very route 1 goal tbh. I've hardly heard Carrolls name mentioned. Did 1 good flick on to Bellamy.....that's last I heard. But if Eagles had done a bit better would've been 3-1 tbh.

And Bolton have never lost while leading at half time

Last edited:
It was a very route 1 goal tbh. I've hardly heard Carrolls name mentioned. Did 1 good flick on to Bellamy.....that's last I heard. But if Eagles had done a bit better would've been 3-1 tbh.

And Bolton have never lost while leading at half time

That's because they've never lead at half time!

Wow.

Bolton 3 Liverpool 1.

This is shocking has to be said.

Wow, hopefully Bolton stay up, I love Owen Coyle.

Only reason Liverpool scored was due to David Wheater missing a header. They have been outplayed today tbh

One thing that amazes me when watching though-is how deep Gerrard sitting. A player like that should be playing higher so he can cause problems

Last edited:
Wow.

Bolton 3 Liverpool 1.

This is shocking has to be said.

Not shocking to me. Liverpool remain a team that overperform against big opposition and critically underperform against lesser opposition. Wildly inconsistent.

Not shocking to me. Liverpool remain a team that overperform against big opposition and critically underperform against lesser opposition. Wildly inconsistent.

Think it's more shocking that Bolton can't play like this more consistently. Eagles had a great game today, as did N'Gog. Really ripped Liverpool apart. But Andy Carroll's mentallity is absolutely shot to pieces it's so incredibly obvious.

Gary who?

Last edited:
We're going backwards. Tactics are outdated, Carroll, Downing, are awful and we just don't look interested.

Lack the ability to consistently break them down, and these points are your bread and butter in any top 4 challenge

How long before Kenny is under pressure then?

Hodgson would have been sacked multiple times over in this same period, since Dalglish took over.

After today, if Bolton go on to lose games they should win they deserve to go down tbh. They were outstanding today. Why they've not done it past matches they should have won....beyond me. I think Cahill going has galvanised them now, as it takes press interest away from the dressing room now the saga is over and gets rid of the "will he won't he" pressure

Seems odd to blame the likes of Downing and Carroll considering you conceded 3 goals?

Pretty much can't blame Carroll. He's now got that stigma though of a £35 million "flop", after prior to going to Liverpool, had half a season in the Premiership before the transfer-hardly a chance to prove himself a proven premiership goalscorer. Which is very harsh, when he's half the time coming off the bench.

Seems odd to blame the likes of Downing and Carroll considering you conceded 3 goals?

Over the course of the other 20 matches, I can blame them. They've both been **** poor. I don't care that Carroll cost 35 million, to me the fee is irrelevant, what is relevant is that he's not a good player.

Over the course of the other 20 matches, I can blame them. They've both been **** poor. I don't care that Carroll cost 35 million, to me the fee is irrelevant, what is relevant is that he's not a good player.

Can't argue with that, but there are a fair few other players who have also been fairly poor this season. Still need to bring in a proper finisher/poacher, hopefully in January.

I'd disagree with the fee bit. They paid way over the odds for someone who'd only been in the prem for half a season. When you put that sort of figure on a players shoulders it's going to increase the pressure on them considerably. And if it goes wrong for them, it's going to shatter their confidence and pretty much wreck them down the road mentally. His confidence is just absolutely cut to ribbons right now and needs a fresh start at a new club.

Can't argue with that, but there are a fair few other players who have also been fairly poor this season. Still need to bring in a proper finisher/poacher, hopefully in January.

Indeedy. The defense for the majority has been very good, they'll have few worries. Adam has been dreadful for about two months now, for me he should only be a bit part player. But for me Gerrard and Spearing should be the midfield, at least Spearing tries. But hopefully now after this, and Kenny's words we might see some transfer activity. Hopefully David Texeira, another midfielder and a tricky winger who can cross the ball.

Indeedy. The defense for the majority has been very good, they'll have few worries. Adam has been dreadful for about two months now, for me he should only be a bit part player. But for me Gerrard and Spearing should be the midfield, at least Spearing tries. But hopefully now after this, and Kenny's words we might see some transfer activity. Hopefully David Texeira, another midfielder and a tricky winger who can cross the ball.

Stewart Downing, surely? :D

Back