The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Maybe-but when one of the best players gets injured, they could use someone like Steven-unless there's a recall option that I've not heard of.

They still have GDS and Kranjcar. They've got a massive amount of attacking midfielders.

4) Pienaar demonstrated his quality-Tottenhams loss is our gain. Excellently taken goal.

Hardly our loss, we've sent him to you and he's helped you take 3 points of the team beneath us. He wouldn't have got a game for us anyway and we've got Saha in return (sort of). Good deal for all parties tbh.

Hardly our loss, we've sent him to you and he's helped you take 3 points of the team beneath us. He wouldn't have got a game for us anyway and we've got Saha in return (sort of). Good deal for all parties tbh.

Thing is though surely having to many AM's is going to cause a bit of consternation amongst the players? If there was already too many why buy another? Just seems a bit unfair on the players who won't get many, or if any matches?

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy has been sacked
not surprised really. i was watching the 5-1 trashing o the black country derby. wolves were abysmal, aside the fact the steven Fletcher is scoring the goal.

neil warnock for the job ? :P

not surprised really. i was watching the 5-1 trashing o the black country derby. wolves were abysmal, aside the fact the steven Fletcher is scoring the goal.

neil warnock for the job ? :P

Wouldn't think so. My money's on Curbs or Brucie

[video=youtube;S6aAyQ7__ag]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S6aAyQ7__ag[/video]

ichFKNPPR0R9p.gif

Tevez issues an apology to Man City, .... what now for tevez ?

Last edited:
Just come out that Walter Smith has also turned down the Wolves job. Good to see that Wolves had a contingency plan in place. All I can see is egg all over the faces of the Wolves board. Incredibly ill thought-out.

Just come out that Walter Smith has also turned down the Wolves job. Good to see that Wolves had a contingency plan in place. All I can see is egg all over the faces of the Wolves board. Incredibly ill thought-out.

Indeed. I hope they get relegated now, and I actually quite like Wolves, and even though he's ex-Mackem, I love MM. Hope he gets a decent job following his departure from Wolves.

Indeed. I hope they get relegated now, and I actually quite like Wolves, and even though he's ex-Mackem, I love MM. Hope he gets a decent job following his departure from Wolves.

Same here. Okay he made a few mistakes, but he got some well thought out buys, spent well-it's the players who should be shouldering most of the blame. And fair play to some of them as they've admitted it as such. Enjoyed his press conferences too lol. I doubt he'll be out of a job for a long either. Thing is Blackburn stuck with Kean....yet Wolves got rid of McCarthy with 14 games or something left which was more than enough time to get things sorted. I expect him to manage another Prem club and not Championship.

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor has called for the "Rooney rule" to be introduced to English football.
Taylor has welcomed Terry Connor's appointment as Wolves Manager
But the PFA boss wants to see the 'Rooney rule' - the system where NFL clubs must shortlist at least one minority candidate when appointing a manager - brought in.
"We need to keep this moving forward," Taylor said.
“As the players' voice, we are committed to tackling the issue of black players going into coaching and management”
PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor

"We hope that there will be an opportunity to have the Rooney rule introduced at Football League level initially."
One in three PFA members are black or of mixed parentage, as were 21% of all those members who took the UEFA coaching licences between 2009 and 2011.
But Connor, who has been appointed until the end of the season, is the only black manager in the Premier League.
Football League chairman Greg Clarke is broadly supportive of the idea and wants to have discussions with clubs about their recruitment process for coaches.
Taylor has held talks with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell about introducing the rule, and also raised it at this week's discrimination summit headed by Prime Minister David Cameron.
He added: "We now have a large representation of qualified coaches who are from ethnic minorities and we feel very strongly this is the way forward.
"It is very encouraging that Terry Connor has been given this chance by Wolves. It is exactly the same way that Chris Hughton came to the fore at Newcastle. As the players' voice, we are committed to tackling the issue of black players going into coaching and management."

BBC Sport - PFA pushing for introduction of 'Rooney rule' in English football

Ridiculous.

The Wolves board are complete vagplanks.

Also, Rooney rule is stupid.

I remember this. Great promotion for positive discrimination. Has it really come to this? If I was black or asian I'd be embarassed by this. I'm all for all people from every background being involved in football on and off the pitch but this is completely unnecessary. Abilty and knowing what you are doing takes precedent in the job-not colour or race.

oh noes, a minority on the shortlist, how racist........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Last edited:
Back