The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
This would explain a lot why nobody touched him at such a cheap price last summer:

Lars Pollmann
@LarsPollmann

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been suspended from tomorrow's matchday squad as a disciplinary measure. Oh boy

4:57 PM - Nov 16, 2017

Stefan Buczko
@StefanBuczko

Pretty daunting what @fluestertweets writes. Team sources tell him that Aubameyang "allowed himself numerous lapses of discipline, arrives late for training constantly and considers himself untouchable." #bvb https://twitter.com/StefanBuczko/status/931232365799727105 …

6:52 PM - Nov 16, 2017

This would explain a lot why nobody touched him at such a cheap price last summer:

Lars Pollmann
@LarsPollmann

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has been suspended from tomorrow's matchday squad as a disciplinary measure. Oh boy

4:57 PM - Nov 16, 2017

Stefan Buczko
@StefanBuczko

Pretty daunting what @fluestertweets writes. Team sources tell him that Aubameyang "allowed himself numerous lapses of discipline, arrives late for training constantly and considers himself untouchable." #bvb https://twitter.com/StefanBuczko/status/931232365799727105 …

6:52 PM - Nov 16, 2017

When was he cheap? Dortmund wanted over 70 mil for him when Milan were interested I thought

When was he cheap? Dortmund wanted over 70 mil for him when Milan were interested I thought

£65/70 M. Considering Utd dropped a £100 M. on Lukaku, and what other strikers went for this past summer, that in this crazy mad market for the best available striker, IMHO, seemed a bargain to me.

But the if his attitude is that bad it maybe explains why Dortmund went so low?

£65/70 M. Considering Utd dropped a £100 M. on Lukaku, and what other strikers went for this past summer, that in this crazy mad market for the best available striker, IMHO, seemed a bargain to me.

But the if his attitude is that bad it maybe explains why Dortmund went so low?

Know what you mean but we were looking at him before the Neymar / Lukaku money was spent though.

He made it pretty clear that he wanted a Milan move, that's when most of the upset started. Milan didn't want to spend that much.

Looks like he's just being a **** now

Edit* Just seen this

"I didn't turn up late for training," he told Bild. "After my trip to Milan I could understand my suspension because I ignored an announcement that time.

"This time I really can't understand it."

Last edited:
Any toughs on creating sticky thread here for all international, CL, EL, other leagues? As the main focal point is here under English sub forum.
This would be create for additional info about other competition or maybe people would be interested in that? I would love to have thread where international discussion and maybe some good games coming for other leagues, that I might miss.

Classy performances like that from Ozil is what warms me to the idea of him possibly coming to Old Trafford on a free.

Classy performances like that from Ozil is what warms me to the idea of him possibly coming to Old Trafford on a free.

But in every other big game he has been caspar the ghost

But in every other big game he has been caspar the ghost

But he's been class since the United rumours picked up, which could suggest it's a motivational/attitude thing? It's as if he's creating a series of auditions.

If we get THIS Ozil, which him rolling it back a few years to his Madrid/early Arsenal days, then you see why Jose wants him. The weight of pass, the decision making, the awareness of what & who's around him - he's gliding around that pitch with such guile, pulling the strings.

Look, I am reserved on him as the next man, but if it's just a case of him wanting this new challenge to bring back this peak Ozil (like Matic), ripping teams apart between the lines, then surely it's hard to argue signing him on a free?!

"Yes, Liverpool and Arsenal are in good form, but they still have no more points than us. Can you imagine how annoying that is? Would those Clarets ever f*** off?" - Burnley manager Sean Dyche on their Europa League qualification battle with Liverpool & Arsenal.

Not sure how going to United has brought Matic to his peak? His performances so far seem fairly reminiscient of his 16/17 Chelsea performances before he left. Reasonably good most of the time. Occassionaly excellent but with many poor games thrown in between. I believe he had a poor game against Newcastle going by Utd fan comments in other forums.

Peak Matic was 14/15 season when he was probably the best defensive midfielder in Europe and was utterly brilliant nearly every game when we won the title under Jose.

Last edited:
Where does it say he's peaked?
Is there a post on here?

Not sure how going to United has brought Matic to his peak? His performances so far seem fairly reminiscient of his 16/17 Chelsea performances before he left. Reasonably good most of the time. Occassionaly excellent but with many poor games thrown in between. I believe he had a poor game against Newcastle going by Utd fan comments in other forums.

Peak Matic was 14/15 season when he was probably the best defensive midfielder in Europe and was utterly brilliant nearly every game when we won the title under Jose.

Which is why I say he's rediscovered his peak form. He's been pretty much brilliant/very good in every game. Even when United are poor, he's the pick of the red shirts. I'd say he's the best DM in the league, him and 'Dinho

Out of the two descriptions you provided (14/15, and 16/17), you just reinforced my point, as he's been averaging 8/10's all season. I'd say every United fan on here, who watch every game, can say Matic has been class. Given he was "inconsistent" (according to Chelsea fans) last season, I'd say that's refinding his form, no? Can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Which is why I say he's rediscovered his peak form. He's been pretty much brilliant/very good in every game. Even when United are poor, he's the pick of the red shirts. I'd say he's the best DM in the league.

Out of the two descriptions you provided (14/15, and 16/17), you just reinforced my point. I'd say every United fan on here, who watch every game, can say Matic has been class. Given he was "inconsistent" (according to Chelsea fans) last season, I'd say that's refinding his form, no? Can't have it both ways.

I am not sure you watched Matic during his 14/15 season at Chelsea then if you think what he is displaying now is his 'peak' form. Many other Utd fans have had far different views on Matic's season so far and won't say he has been 'class' every game in any case.

Not sure how I am having it both ways when my entire arguement is based on a different premise from the one you are coming from.

I am not sure you watched Matic during his 14/15 season at Chelsea then if you think what he is displaying now is his 'peak' form. Many other Utd fans have had far different views on Matic's season so far and won't say he has been 'class' every game in any case.

Not sure how I am having it both ways when my entire arguement is based on a different premise from the one you are coming from.

Everyone's allowed a different opinion. Just like when you were saying you weren't bothered about Matic leaving, whereas most other Chelsea fans I know, were. I can't speak for all United fans, you can't speak for all Chelsea fans. But Matic has been our player of the season so far (given Pogba was out), and we're 2nd in the league behind an insane City side, and as good as qualified for the last 32 of the CL with what will be a game to spare. So he must be doing something right.

Everyone's allowed a different opinion. Just like when you were saying you weren't bothered about Matic leaving, whereas most other Chelsea fans I know, were. I can't speak for all United fans, you can't speak for all Chelsea fans. But Matic has been our player of the season so far (given Pogba was out), and we're 2nd in the league behind an insane City side, and as good as qualified for the last 32 of the CL with what will be a game to spare. So he must be doing something right.

Not sure where you are going with the first few sentences. Don't remember me saying that you were not entitled to your opinion. Just that I thought its wrong.

Also thats a bonkers justification. I think Bakayoko has been pretty average so far but Chelsea are 3rd one point off 2nd behind an insane City side and more or less qualified for the last 32 of the CL in a very tough group so he must be doing something right. See whats wrong with that line of reasoning?

Not sure where you are going with the first few sentences. Don't remember me saying that you were not entitled to your opinion. Just that I thought its wrong.

Also thats a bonkers justification. I think Bakayoko has been pretty average so far but Chelsea are 3rd one point off 2nd behind an insane City side and more or less qualified for the last 32 of the CL in a very tough group so he must be doing something right. See whats wrong with that line of reasoning?

Where I was going with the first few sentences was those guys on those United forums you be on on are allowed their opinion, even if I think they're completely wrong.

Not sure how Bakayoko enters the conversation here, Hazard & Morata have been your best/most consistent performers this season from what I've seen, and have been a big reason for Chelsea being in a good position. Matic has been ours.

FWIW, just for fun, my team of the season so far.

Opinion generated just from the teams I've watched live, could be missing someone from the smaller sides that haven't got any broadcasting.

View attachment 77005

FWIW, just for fun, my team of the season so far.

Opinion generated just from the teams I've watched live, could be missing someone from the smaller sides that haven't got any broadcasting.

View attachment 1134850

Have to disagree

View attachment 76934

They'd beat any PL all-star eleven, their passing and movement is so synchronised it's incredible to watch. Anyone who thinks Guardiola isn't the world's best manager needs their head checked

Back