The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K
Not sure how Bakayoko enters the conversation here, Hazard & Morata have been your best/most consistent performers this season from what I've seen, and have been a big reason for Chelsea being in a good position. Matic has been ours.

Okay that makes much more sense. If thats your opinion then fair enough. I don't see it at all.

Have to disagree

View attachment 1134924

They'd beat any PL all-star eleven, their passing and movement is so synchronised it's incredible to watch. Anyone who thinks Guardiola isn't the world's best manager needs their head checked

People are starting to big them up way more than necessary. We aren't even halfway through the season yet and Pep is yet to win a trophy despite all the fancy football his mega-riches squad is producing. Not to mention they have been very lucky witn refeering decisions vs both Arsenal and Leicester recently.

Having seen them play against Chelsea, I really don't think they are as good as people make them out to be. Plenty of weaknesses to be exploited and we went toe to toe with them before Morata had to come off injured.

Have to disagree

View attachment 1134924

They'd beat any PL all-star eleven, their passing and movement is so synchronised it's incredible to watch. Anyone who thinks Guardiola isn't the world's best manager needs their head checked

That defence is nowhere near good enough to compete with any PL all star 11 side.

I just think back to some of the most recent greatest United 11's and it smokes that in terms of player quality imo.

Van Der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville - Literally every one of them would get in over that City gk/defence.

Scholes/Keane/Ronaldo/Tevez/Rooney in prime - All better than those in that lineup imo, right now anyway.

That's not even considering other teams all time greatest players, Bergkamp, Henry, Drogba, etc etc.

----------------

Overall, they are playing some great football no doubt, but their defense is suspect still and Leicester could of scored a few themselves at least. They are a good team, but far too early to say they are as good as any of the greatest PL sides.

That defence is nowhere near good enough to compete with any PL all star 11 side.

I just think back to some of the most recent greatest United 11's and it smokes that in terms of player quality imo.

Van Der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville - Literally every one of them would get in over that City gk/defence.

Scholes/Keane/Ronaldo/Tevez/Rooney in prime - All better than those in that lineup imo, right now anyway.

That's not even considering other teams all time greatest players, Bergkamp, Henry, Drogba, etc etc.

----------------

Overall, they are playing some great football no doubt, but their defense is suspect still and Leicester could of scored a few themselves at least. They are a good team, but far too early to say they are as good as any of the greatest PL sides.

I thought the sarcasm in the post was obvious :S

I meant from current PL teams, not all time! That would be ridiculous :P

And Alc I agree, it's way too early to hand out trophies - in my opinion there's more to football than just trophies though and City, whilst not infallible, are playing some of the best.

FWIW, just for fun, my team of the season so far.

Opinion generated just from the teams I've watched live, could be missing someone from the smaller sides that haven't got any broadcasting.

View attachment 1134850
I’ve got an Irish mate who is still cursing ward for his performance in the second leg vs Denmark and as that’s the only time I’ve really seen him play this season he seems like the standout

I’ve got an Irish mate who is still cursing ward for his performance in the second leg vs Denmark and as that’s the only time I’ve really seen him play this season he seems like the standout
Thought Rhqq was talking about joel Ward for a second. He is one of the worst fullbacks in the prem, cant think of one redeeming quality he has.

The quicker they bring in VAR the better. How Brighton did not have a penalty then I have no idea.

would love him at utd and when did you become a mod?

Only read the game reports/stats of him, but seems destined for a big future

and bout an hour ago....

giphy.gif

nice going mate gz dont let all that power go to your head lol

be up to me neck in spambots, most likely. or general housekeeping (thread moving). I moaned enough they needed more help, so money/mouth.

be up to me neck in spambots, most likely. or general housekeeping (thread moving). I moaned enough they needed more help, so money/mouth.

I didnt even know xD Congrats mate :P

Back