The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 689K

1f1ee-1f1f7.png
The new man checking out his new workplace.

1f44d.png
Welcome to the club @Alirezajb7!#AlirezaAnnounced#BHAFC

Can’t get into this utterly mad early start the year.

Championship under way tomorrow. Charity Shield Sunday with City’s kids against a Chelsea team with a manager that’s been there a day or whatever it is.

Crazy. And in a WC year too. But we do have a whole week off the season after this in January as England try’s, and fails epically, to do a winter break.

I think they’d be happy to run these lads into the ground with 12 months a year football if they could. Madness.

Can’t be bothered trawling back to look at everyone’s predictions from last season. (Don’t know if anyone else wants to?).

And with 5 days of the transfer window left and even possible rumours not really exciting, I’m sound to put my hat down now.

1. City.
2. Liverpool.

The bookies aren’t often wrong and I can’t see it being anything other than a two horse race. A lot will depend on if either jump on the other early. City had it as good as won October last year. If fit and healthy, there’s very little to separate them and the depth that was lacking last year at Anfield, along with the key needs being fixed with top quality, is now there 1 through 18 to give City a great run for their money. Mad that we’re talking at least 90 points to be in the title reckoning now but that’s the standard and these are the two with the mentality to go for that every game.

3. Arsenal.

Don’t see them as any sort of title challenger but I think they’ll surprise a lot of folk this year and return the top 4. Planned well and for all their business done early and in for pre-season. Quality attack in place. Feel good factor around the place for the first time in ages now Arsenal fans have got what they wanted. All set for a good start and see where it rolls from there.

4. Utd.
5. Chelsea.

6. Tottenham.

As completely uninspiring as Utd’s summer has been, and yet another centre-half to boring bollocks collection isn’t changing that, he’ll doubtless do what he does and roll around 2 points per game. But that doesn’t look a happy group under him at all staring his narking early so it wouldn’t be a surprise to see it inplode.

Chelsea are just weird. Don’t even want to start fathoming them out. If they hold off Madrid on Courtois, they may push for the top 4 but Sarri’s gonna’ need time and they could be too far off the pace by the time his philosophy starts to kick in.

Tottenham just seem intent on stagnating and running their first XI into the ground. Levy just doesn’t seem to want to take that next step at all.

7. Wolves.

Just have a feeling they’ll surprise the other 12 and the srability and quality there, along with the momentum around the whole football club, will roll over.

—————-
18. Burnley.
19. Huddersfield.
20. Cardiff.

Lack of goal scorers, and the unfortunate goalie situation in Burnley’s case catching up with them after last years massive over achievement.

Salah to be top scorer again. Back with a serious chip in his shoulder after Kiev and in mid-season form already. Don’t know how you stop that and fully expect a similar return to last year.

Provided no new transfers:

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. United

Gonna go for the full 20 again.

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Arsenal
4. Chelsea
5. United
6. Spurs
(Now it gets a bit hard!)
7. Leicester
8. Everton
9. Burnley
10. Southampton
11. Bournemouth
12. Brighton
13. Wolves
14. West Ham
15. Watford
16. Newcastle
17. Huddersfield
18. Cardiff
19. Palace
20. Fulham

iam going balls out on the entire league again. That’s the spirit! Haha.

Hope you have Fulham completely wrong mate. Best away the league for me. Don’t want to lose that after waiting so long to get it back!

I'd be shocked if Chelsea finished above United, we may be bad and slightly unprepared... but looking at that team.. there is literally no collectiveness... players wanting out... just look at them at the end of that game.

Unless they get some signings and drastically improve, Chelsea not in top 4.

Back