The Premier League Thread

Just saw Ederson challenge on Garcia god **** that was reckless af. Aint the first time his come out like a madman he shouldnt get a pass because its his own teammate.

Just saw Ederson challenge on Garcia god **** that was reckless af. Aint the first time his come out like a madman he shouldnt get a pass because its his own teammate.
Yep totally reckless and it seemed he didn’t even give two ***** either

He needs to be taught how to run out the box or something as he is lacking in any awareness. Surprised it took so long for him to injure someone, that tackle is illegal in every sport even the NFL lool.
Yes very reckless off his line acting as sweeper

Official that football we remembered is back. David Luiz and PL technology both f**** up.

A VAR controversy in the first game back? (I know it was the goal line but why didn't they alert the officials?)

At least something through this farce is consistent then.

Although I must say, as much as I'm opposed to football's return right now, it was beyond awesome to see every player and official taking the knee in support of BLM after the game had started. What a superbly powerful message to send out to the World.

A VAR controversy in the first game back? (I know it was the goal line but why didn't they alert the officials?)

At least something through this farce is consistent then.

Although I must say, as much as I'm opposed to football's return right now, it was beyond awesome to see every player and official taking the knee in support of BLM after the game had started. What a superbly powerful message to send out to the World.

Sadly there are rules that VAR cant over rule. And for the goal line tech, it was said that out of 10 000 times 9999 times it would not happen. To be honest understandable that it can have 0.1% margin of error. It was just bad conscience that it happened in PL :D

Sadly there are rules that VAR cant over rule. And for the goal line tech, it was said that out of 10 000 times 9999 times it would not happen. To be honest understandable that it can have 0.1% margin of error. It was just bad conscience that it happened in PL :D

I know the 4 instances VAR can officially rule on but I don't get why they can't step in to alert the officials in something like that. Wasn't that the argument from those that wanted the VAR carnage to begin with? That we must get every decision correct?

Be interesting to see what if any ramifications there are if that ends up costing Sheff. Utd a CL place.

Meanwhile Lewandowski has 48 goals in 41 apps this year. I'm nearing 40 and my entire life I've been hearing stories from dads and grandads about the golden generation Poland had in the 1970s, Boniek, Deyna, Lato. What a team that was. They had a real shot at winning the 1974 World Cup if Austrian ref didn't screw us against Germany in the semis. Rain was so heavy it's infamously known here as the "game on water". Ball stopping mid run, bouncing akwardly, passes not coming through, people slipping. I still have no idea how that game wasn't postponed. Could it be that conditions favored Germany by limiting offensive play, because our team had far more firepower with two best goalscorers of the tournament? I guess we'll never know.

You live with these stories of disappointment and suspicion, they get passed from generation to generation and you get used to idea we might never have a player on this level again. But this guy is truly something else. He didn't just reach that level, he's light years ahead the way he's been playing. 4 seasons with over 40 goals and now at 31 beating his personal best by 5 goals with 1 game to go in Bundesliga and CL games in the waiting. Madness.

Meanwhile Lewandowski has 48 goals in 41 apps this year. I'm nearing 40 and my entire life I've been hearing stories from dads and grandads about the golden generation Poland had in the 1970s, Boniek, Deyna, Lato. What a team that was. They had a real shot at winning the 1974 World Cup if Austrian ref didn't screw us against Germany in the semis. Rain was so heavy it's infamously known here as the "game on water". Ball stopping mid run, bouncing akwardly, passes not coming through, people slipping. I still have no idea how that game wasn't postponed. Could it be that conditions favored Germany by limiting offensive play, because our team had far more firepower with two best goalscorers of the tournament? I guess we'll never know.

You live with these stories of disappointment and suspicion, they get passed from generation to generation and you get used to idea we might never have a player on this level again. But this guy is truly something else. He didn't just reach that level, he's light years ahead the way he's been playing. 4 seasons with over 40 goals and now at 31 beating his personal best by 5 goals with 1 game to go in Bundesliga and CL games in the waiting. Madness.
If Bayern win the CL surely he will get the popularity contest that is the Ballon D'or?

Yeah even with CL ballon d'Or is unlikely with the current format. He came 4th in 2015, then they changed the selection committee from managers/players to journalists and he can barely break top 30 despite consistently performing on the same level.

No disrespect to Burkina Faso and Bhutan, but I doubt if journalists there follow Bayern that closely when even in Europe Bundesliga doesn't get much coverage.