The Premier League Thread

ian herbert

✔@ianherbs

https://twitter.com/ianherbs/status/1266289367527481347

Understand police have identified SIX fixtures requiring neutral venues when PL restarts: Man City v Liverpool, Man City v Newcastle, Man Utd v Sheff Utd, Newcastle v Liverpool, Everton v Liverpool, the game in which Liverpool might take the title. Full story to follow...

James Pearce

✔@JamesPearceLFC

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1266309054781161472

So Everton v LFC, Man City v LFC and Newcastle v LFC all set to be played at neutral venues at the request of the police. But #LFC will be allowed to play their remaining home games at Anfield - apart from one if clinching the title is up for grabs that day.

CHAMPIONSHIP

Following the latest round of COVID-19 testing, the EFL can confirm that 1058 players and Club staff from the 24 Championship Clubs were tested over the course of Thursday 28 May and Friday 29 May, with 10 individuals testing positive from eight Clubs.

Those players or Club staff who have tested positive will now self-isolate in line with the guidelines provided by the EFL and only those who have tested negative will be permitted to enter training ground facilities.

Fabrizio Romano

✔@FabrizioRomano

At the moment, Eric Dier’s new contract signed
✍?
#THFC

Seen in a few places teams will have to drive to games themselves. Which will be an absolute nightmare for a few reasons.
In what respect after all they have been driving themselves to the organised friendly games for the last week or so. No doubt there will be a system in place to ensure that they don't get lost on the way and arrivals into the grounds will be staggered.

In what respect after all they have been driving themselves to the organised friendly games for the last week or so. No doubt there will be a system in place to ensure that they don't get lost on the way and arrivals into the grounds will be staggered.
It’s the travelling. A few footballers were complaining about driving more than a hour or so then having stiffness etc in the body and especially there legs. I know I use to hate driving 2/3+ hrs then playing a game of footy afterwards. It’s more sapping then people realise

It’s the travelling. A few footballers were complaining about driving more than a hour or so then having stiffness etc in the body and especially there legs. I know I use to hate driving 2/3+ hrs then playing a game of footy afterwards. It’s more sapping then people realise
Yea the travelling will be tough but the only other way would probably to hire several coaches or train carriages which not all clubs will be willing for financial reasons to pay for. I wonder if car sharing is an option seeing as most players have been working in 'bubbles' that could allow several players to share a car and therefore spread the driving load (They would also get the chance stop and stretch on the way when drivers change).

Soo 1 day to go. I have mixed feelings about continuing the game. I would love to see everyone back on the field and be united by this common passion. But for somewhat it feels too pushed. Strange rules on the pitch. Danger to still be infected and we are hearing about it more and more talks about this in friendlies.

It is understandable that life must continue etc but the timing feels off.

Soo 1 day to go. I have mixed feelings about continuing the game. I would love to see everyone back on the field and be united by this common passion. But for somewhat it feels too pushed. Strange rules on the pitch. Danger to still be infected and we are hearing about it more and more talks about this in friendlies.

It is understandable that life must continue etc but the timing feels off.

Today's news of piped music/ designated celebration cameras/ 16 supporter video walls et al just adds to the absolute farce.

The complete charade of 'pretending' to be professional football continues.

It's like alcohol-free beer. You fool yourself into thinking you're partaking in drinking beer with everyone else. But you know it's fake and you aren't getting any benefit from it.

Today's news of piped music/ designated celebration cameras/ 16 supporter video walls et al just adds to the absolute farce.

The complete charade of 'pretending' to be professional football continues.

It's like alcohol-free beer. You fool yourself into thinking you're partaking in drinking beer with everyone else. But you know it's fake and you aren't getting any benefit from it.

How is the current state in UK? Has the protest stuff raised the infected count?

I understand that this is the big restart, but has there even been looks to the future? How long to hold open transfer window. Will it be open until the season ends? Whwen new season starts and how everything is affected.

How is the current state in UK? Has the protest stuff raised the infected count? .....

Not as yet mercifully but there's been confirmed new cases in the US and Australia stemming from the BLM protests and China, who have taken a WAY more stringent approach to lockdown than the absolute farce here, are now looking like they're entering a second wave. Which is not a promising sign at all.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes around the Country outside grounds this week given most of the general populous now madly seem to think lockdown is 'optional' here. (Or more so if they continue down this mad road of opening things back up far too soon and add pubs to it at the start of next month.). Although to be fair, I'm struggling to really condemn them when the lack of any sort of clear leadership is completely non-existent from the top. People are, in the main, idiots and need a clear black and white, do or don't. Not a daily change of mix messages, with the caveat 'use common sense', whilst they P all over that by both standing by and openly condening one of their own breaking all the rules and then compounding it by selling the most ridiculous lie to, everyone.