The Premier League Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Steve*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10K
  • Views Views 688K
Makes perfect Madrid sense to me. Buy Reus, sell Ronaldo next year to United for crazy money. Profit for relatively little on-field loss. Football is a business to them.

You think that Real will sell their most iconic and beloved player, arguably the world's best and currently still the only competing with Barca's superstar Messi, before he starts to decline?

You think that Real will sell their most iconic and beloved player, arguably the world's best and currently still the only competing with Barca's superstar Messi, before he starts to decline?

Yes.

Like I said, Madrid are a business. You sell potentially deteriorating stock before it hits a decline to ensure maximum value. They could quite easily sell Ronaldo back to United for the same they got him for. Madrid are literally the only club in the entire world that would consider this.

Football is a business to be honest, I'd love Ronnie to come home but I just don't see it happening as he's at his peak and Madrid will keep him until the end of his contract at least. Something would have to go wrong at Madrid for Ronaldo to come back before that.

Also Madrid have no problem buying a player for 80m and letting him go for free. That's like throwing 8 quid away to Real considering how rich they are.

Transfer News Live @DeadlineDayLive Follow Aston Villa's pursuit of midfielder Scott Sinclair has stalled due to Manchester City's £3m asking price. (Source: Birmingham Mail)

10458129_1292923967414483_7420142846565539943_n.png

Back