The Premier League Thread

Get a 3 goal lead then in classic Mourinho batten down the hatches and try and hold on ?
What can manager do for own goal and banger from the par on lucky deflection to his feet on the last second. Some things are out of manager hands. The sh ite Jose gets here is just mind boggling. Only fault where bad subs.

What can manager do for own goal and banger from the par on lucky deflection to his feet on the last second. Some things are out of manager hands. The sh ite Jose gets here is just mind boggling. Only fault where bad subs.
He just admitted himself his team sat of after getting a 3 goal lead. Only he is to blame for that and inviting WH on. His critics are very just! Blowing a 3nil lead with 9 mins to go.

He just admitted himself his team sat of after getting a 3 goal lead. Only he is to blame for that and inviting WH on. His critics are very just! Blowing a 3nil lead with 9 mins to go.
But I just want to say not all is in his hands either. Those goals where also a bit freak of luck also. Agree that players mentality droped a lot in second half and that should not be happening.
According to Understat, Manuel Lanzini’s shot had an xG of 0.01. Literally a one in a hundred strike.

1603096387784.png

That's the point where I'm totally done with football and F it off completely.

Which wouldn't be as big a wrench being the time through the pandemic we've had to get used to not going the match. Along with currently watching the half-baked product we are down to these unprecedented times and the continued VAR carnage that's driving more lads away from the game the longer it rolls.

There's just no end to the outright greed of the major players and if that absolute disgrace ever came to fruition that would be the point where I'd sack it off. And far more sadly for the game, I wouldn't be alone.

Last edited:

That's the point where I'm totally done with football and F it off completely.

Which wouldn't be as big a wrench being the time through the pandemic we've had to get used to not going the match. Along with currently watching the half-baked product we are down to these unprecedented times and the continued VAR carnage that's driving more lads away from the game the longer it rolls.

There's just no end to the outright greed of the major players and if that absolute disgrace ever came to fruition that would be the point where I'd sack it off. And far more sadly for the game, I wouldn't be alone.

Just curious. How England fans would take a look losing top "BIG" 4 or 6 teams from the league to so called Super league? Would it be acceptable to be in a SUPER league where your team might be at the end of table. Even the 18clubs are mayor clubs in there, there can only be one winnter and top clubs. Year after year clubs would never maybe reach top 6 or even 10. Meanwhile EFL would restrucutre the league and roll on with the clubs who stayed in. I really dont see fans sticking to this super league and money will try out.
The exclusivity of CL is what people like, the madness and exitment in league is what people want and desire. Variety of teams and players is what football is all about.
Just think this seems a bit short term and will fail ultimatly. Easiest is just kick top 6 clubs out if they are so power hungry and creedy. Yes there will be money loss, but the English league would pick it self up as there are **** more exiting teams existin in the all leagues down.

Just curious. How England fans would take a look losing top "BIG" 4 or 6 teams from the league to so called Super league? Would it be acceptable to be in a SUPER league where your team might be at the end of table. Even the 18clubs are mayor clubs in there, there can only be one winnter and top clubs. Year after year clubs would never maybe reach top 6 or even 10. Meanwhile EFL would restrucutre the league and roll on with the clubs who stayed in. I really dont see fans sticking to this super league and money will try out.
The exclusivity of CL is what people like, the madness and exitment in league is what people want and desire. Variety of teams and players is what football is all about.
Just think this seems a bit short term and will fail ultimatly. Easiest is just kick top 6 clubs out if they are so power hungry and creedy. Yes there will be money loss, but the English league would pick it self up as there are **** more exiting teams existin in the all leagues down.
Not that easy to kick out top-6, I think. Sure, within England, you would still have local fans following your club, but the loss of overall revenues (both in England and especially international) would be humungous. A huge chunk of viewership and revenues is generated by the Top-6, and global viewership would fall dramatically, I think.

Don't really like the idea of the Super League however, but it was bound to happen, considering UEFA is also planning changes to its CL structure in the next two years. Also, the Super League, from the looks of it, seems to want to replace UEFA tournaments rather than the League (atleast as of now). I would be opposed to the Top-6 going away from the League for a European League however - for me, intrinsically, I still associate them with the PL and not the Champions League.

On the plus side, neither FIFA or UEFA seem that keen on the idea judging by the quotes in the article...but who knows?

This might just be an attempt at putting some pressure on ahead of the Champions league revamp, but the response from the La Liga president rather sums it up:

“The authors of that idea – if they really exist, because there is nobody actually defending it – not only show a total ignorance of the organisation and customs of European and world football, but also a serious ignorance of the audiovisual rights markets. A project of this type will mean serious economic damage to the organisers themselves and to those entities that finance it, if they exist, because they’re never official. These ‘underground’ projects only look good when drafted at a bar at five in the morning.” :LOL: - yup, been there more than once!!

On the plus side, neither FIFA or UEFA seem that keen on the idea judging by the quotes in the article...but who knows?

This might just be an attempt at putting some pressure on ahead of the Champions league revamp, but the response from the La Liga president rather sums it up:

“The authors of that idea – if they really exist, because there is nobody actually defending it – not only show a total ignorance of the organisation and customs of European and world football, but also a serious ignorance of the audiovisual rights markets. A project of this type will mean serious economic damage to the organisers themselves and to those entities that finance it, if they exist, because they’re never official. These ‘underground’ projects only look good when drafted at a bar at five in the morning.” :LOL: - yup, been there more than once!!
Interesting coincidence that this leaked right after "project biiiig". Was it maybe itended to threathen PL and EFL that look we could go there now.

..... Just think this seems a bit short term and will fail ultimatly. Easiest is just kick top 6 clubs out if they are so power hungry and creedy. Yes there will be money loss, but the English league would pick it self up as there are **** more exiting teams existin in the all leagues down.

It really wouldn't mate. The league would be absolutely F as there's zero Worldwide market without the big clubs. Any breakaway would absolutely decimate the English system and probably lead to regionalised leagues just to survive.

The major players have got everyone completely over a barrel.

Interesting coincidence that this leaked right after "project biiiig". Was it maybe itended to threathen PL and EFL that look we could go there now.
Doubt it more likely the media wanting to stoke the fire seeing as the Premier League restructure idea was quickiy put to bed, and what better way to sell papers etc than a proposed European Super League and lay the blame on Liverpool and United as usual. They are easy targets due to their sheer size in the English game. Go to another country and mention English (or even British) football/soccer and the first two team names you will heard are Liverpool and United. Both clubs know that they need the smaller clubs just as much as the smaller ones need them, they may want more say in what goes on but which team wouldn't want more say given the chance.