The Premier League Thread

Delighted with his progress.
We haven't had much to shout about over the past few years here in Ireland (regarding footballers). This guy is going to make waves.

Still say United should snap him up. (y)
well thats not going to happen seeing as we have f all money

Did I see that scoreline right?
Almost every Newcastle outfield player netted a goal each?

8-0?!!!!!

Who'd've thought that the struggling flagship Saudi owned side would get a morale boosting win against a fellow Saudi side??

Shocked! Shocked I tell yer!!!!!

Brilliant to read that they are changing the VAR protocol imeadiatly from this weekend games.

For as much as humongous gobshites like Neville completely misconstrued opinion to their own, petty ends, change and improvement in the whole process/ officiating of games, was all, like everyone at L’pool FC, you’ve wanted to cme out of last weekends Tottenham game carnage.

A lot more needs to happen like but this is a start to that end.

Baby steps.

And this Brighton goal is the reason why I rate Czech, Schmeichel and VdS above Alisson. I'd put him in the 2nd tier with the likes of De Gea, Ederson, Seaman.

And this Brighton goal is the reason why I rate Czech, Schmeichel and VdS above Alisson. I'd put him in the 2nd tier with the likes of De Gea, Ederson, Seaman.
I think its blasphemy to have Ali in the same tier as Seaman. Never a more overrated keeper. Let alone Ederson and De Gea. Also, Ali clears all that you've mentioned and is in the upper echelons with Buffon/Neuer.

I think its blasphemy to have Ali in the same tier as Seaman. Never a more overrated keeper. Let alone Ederson and De Gea. Also, Ali clears all that you've mentioned and is in the upper echelons with Buffon/Neuer.
I consider Seaman as a PL legend. It is hard to rank any players, goalkeepers especially, but as much as you count in pure talent ( on which Alisson is among the best), you need other perspective and those are accolades. When you add everything up, in my book, he's behind those three. A lot can change, but I feel he'll always have that one "stupid" moment in him. Risk/reward, I get it. That's why I like TAA so much. I feel he offers so much offensively that he can be excused some times in defense.

Speaking of elite players, just how elite Henry was. Salah just shy of Aguero and Henry.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231011-163258_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20231011-163258_Reddit.jpg
    418.4 KB · Views: 14
Gareth Southgate ‘not understanding’ why Henderson got abuse and boos last night tells you all you need to know about Gareth Southgate. 🤦‍♂️

My bet is that he wants and will be manager coming years in Saudis for some club. No need to say badly.
Get that cash

Hers’s a prediction for you.

Mo Salah will never play in Saudi Arabia’s joke semi-retirement league in his career.