The Prodigal Son: A Manchester United Story

About halfway though at the moment, on Study Leave atm so quite busy. Adding to it when and if I have time.

Not going to lie when i saw you posted i thought it'll be another update but i'm left heartbroken :'(
:p Keep up the good work mate, good luck with your exams!

Nah go all the way Danny. Lol make out as if she goes out with a player after. Best love triangle, square or whatever. Love this mate it's a true epic read. Can't wait until update!!!

Found some time to finish up before the exams. You'll just have to wait for the next one ;)

Chapter 26:
12th​ February, 2012
Salford, Manchester.

Still to this day, I have never worked out whether it is the blinding headache or the aching thirst of the hangover that wakes you up the morning after the night before. I groaned as my eyelids cracked open and the sunlight that was blazing through the window burned into the back of my skull. I heard the sound of movement and a familiar voice as I tried to regain my bearings, and my memory.

“You’re finally awake! Talk about dead to the world, you were way gone. How you feeling?”

“Like I’ve gone ten rounds with Vida. I’ve felt better. Much better.”

Glancing around the room, I began to take in my surroundings. My head pounded as I stood up, almost blinding me with the pain. Around the room, it was obvious that the apartment was Lisa’s. None of the usual male influences, no mess, no to-do lists, no games console stashed under the TV. She wandered back around the corner, a coffee in her hand.

“Here, just how you like it.” Handing the brew to me, she gazed back with a smile. I didn’t know how she could drink the same amount, yet not be impeded by its effects. I returned the smile.

“Thanks again for having me round, Lisa. I wouldn’t imagine the office sofa was as comfortable.” A doubt hung in the back of my mind. Looking back toward the, now registered, double bed, I paled.

“****. Did...?” I started.

She giggled. “As much as I would have liked to... No. Whole bottles of whiskey have the annoying habit of making people pass out.” Grinning to herself, she looked away. I glanced at the time. Already past midday. ****, Alice will be wondering. I thought to myself.

“Look, Lisa, I really got to go. Thanks for the bunk for the night. I’ll see you at work?”

“Of course. You never know when you’ll need a drinking buddy again.” She purred.

“Last time, honest!” I called back as I shut the door behind me and headed back home.

I opened the door as stealthily as possible, expecting a barrage of questions to be hurled toward me the moment I stepped over the threshold. None came.

“Alice? I’m home!” I shouted. Something grated at my nerves, a sixth sense that didn’t feel right. Like the day of the crash, but worse. Much worse. I quickly checked the living room, and kitchen to see if she’d decided to sleep on the sofas. I clocked an abnormally large amount of bottles on the kitchen counter, all alcoholic, ranging in strength.

I worked my way upstairs. All the doors were open, save for one. I knocked on the bathroom door. Locked, and deathly quiet. A quick check of the other rooms told me nothing, except that the bed wasn’t slept in. Alarm bells rang in my head.

“Alice?” I banged on the locked door. “Alice! Open up!”

Nothing. Jesus Christ! I really began to panic as I banged harder on the door. Putting my shoulder just above the lock, I stepped back and slammed my weight against it. The metal latch gave and the door flew open. I instantly stepped back, in shock and horror.

Dear God, no!

After reading your reply to my post in the story advice thread, I managed to catch up on the whole story - Wow. It's captivating, in depth, I love the flashback narrative of it all plus the music lyrics beginning each chapter. I am gearing more and more to create me own, and hope you can give me tips! BTW, have you based this on a save you've done? Or just created it all like an actual story?

After reading your reply to my post in the story advice thread, I managed to catch up on the whole story - Wow. It's captivating, in depth, I love the flashback narrative of it all plus the music lyrics beginning each chapter. I am gearing more and more to create me own, and hope you can give me tips! BTW, have you based this on a save you've done? Or just created it all like an actual story?

Yeah, it's based on a 1 season save as United. The character's former experience is made up though :)

AHHHH **** it when I saw you had commented on this Danny I thought it was a new update!!!

****** ****! I clicked on this thread, almost jizzing because I thought there would be a new update.

But no, of course not you lazy *******.

OMG YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME JUST READ THIS ALL ITS ******* EPIC PLEASE CONTINUE ID BUY THIS TOMMORROW IF WAS A FILM OR A BOOK CONTINUE LOL

I'd like to apologise to everyone. Had quite a lot on my plate recently, one of my family was diagnosed with cancer so I've been pretty distracted from a lot of things. I've got a few days away in Rome, so I might get an update done then when I've got some free time.

It isn't over! :)

Thanks for your patience - Danny.

I'd like to apologise to everyone. Had quite a lot on my plate recently, one of my family was diagnosed with cancer so I've been pretty distracted from a lot of things. I've got a few days away in Rome, so I might get an update done then when I've got some free time.

It isn't over! :)
wow that sucks sos to hear it epic story

Thanks for your patience - Danny.