The Question: What has gone wrong for Fernando Torres at Chelsea?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 134
  • Views Views 8K
I can see what CJACKO means. I have also watched his every game and some of the things he's done well isn't shown in the general highlights which I presume most people will judge him by. Although you can say your arguement is pretty flawed as then most people wouldn't be able to judge most players. I wouldn't say he's been awful, he's just not performing (which can be said for the past 2 years). That's down to him, the style of play Chelsea play & players Chelsea have.

Why is no one talking about Edin Dzeko?

And like i say if i was biased i would say Malouda has done ok and Chelsea should be top and Utd are lucky to be top etc. If someone for Chelsea arnt pulling their weight then i say they arnt. If Chelsea dont deserve to win a game then i say they dont. I have watched every minute of Torres's Chelsea career and from what i'v seen i have no reason to panic about him at all.

and as i have said, You dont have to speak bullshit about every aspect of chelsea to be a biased supporter.... We are getting no where, all i can say is, i have watched 5 off his chelsea games and he has been terrible. I have read loads and loads of experts saying he has been poor, and that beens more to me then your opinion, Sorry mate. But Pros > You.

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Why is no one talking about Edin Dzeko?

As this thread is for Torres... Make a dzeko one and i can talk about him, if you like.

and as i have said, You dont have to speak bullshit about every aspect of chelsea to be a biased supporter.... We are getting no where, all i can say is, i have watched 5 off his chelsea games and he has been terrible. I have read loads and loads of experts saying he has been poor, and that beens more to me then your opinion, Sorry mate. But Pros > You.

Difference is the pros are out to make money, and talking about him playing "****" and being a waste of money makes them money.

Torres hasn't been as truly atrocious as everyone makes out. He's been pretty **** bad, but he's also had his chances and has been unlucky to score on a couple of occasions.

That said, never, ever worth 50 mil. I don't know whether he's declined or not, but he's not worth 50 mil on current form.

I'm sympathetic to people defending Torres since I don't think he fits well into Chelsea's system (another reason they shouldn't have bought him but oh well), but as far as the injuries go, is it an excuse? Look at how often Van Persie is injured yet he never fails to bang them in after long absences. Why is no one comparing the two?

What has gone wrong with Fernando Torres at Chelsea?

More like what has gone wrong with Chelsea at Fernando Torres. He needs to blend in with the team. Yes he hasn't scored any goals yet but he's getting some good chances and I recon he'll be great next season.

I'm sympathetic to people defending Torres since I don't think he fits well into Chelsea's system (another reason they shouldn't have bought him but oh well), but as far as the injuries go, is it an excuse? Look at how often Van Persie is injured yet he never fails to bang them in after long absences. Why is no one comparing the two?

Because RVP's game isn't based around pace and power like Torres' is. Injury affects your physicality, not your footballing technique, which is what RVP relies on to get his goals.

Chelsea's natural system is a 4-3-3 we only changed it to see whether Torres and Drogba could player together and they cant. Ancelotti went back to a 4-3-3 at the weekend and we won a very tough game so i fully expect him to stick with it again. 4-3-3 is a system Torres can work with without a dout, we shall see because i expect him to start tonight.

He never played for Liverpool or Chelsea though or played in the most watched league worldwide
Sorry to reply to an old thread but are you saying that Babel (because he played for us) is better than David Villa because Villa hasn't played in the Prem? Or that he's better than Christian Benitez because Benitez only played for Birmingham.

Sorry to reply to an old thread but are you saying that Babel (because he played for us) is better than David Villa because Villa hasn't played in the Prem? Or that he's better than Christian Benitez because Benitez only played for Birmingham.

Im clearly saying players that play in the PL are more known because of the coverage world wide.

What has gone wrong with Torres?

He forgot his lucky shoes and socks in Liverpool, and the liverpool team won't give him back his lucky shoes and socks thus making him unlucky thus making him not able to score goals.

Of course i am joking, I think

But he's just having a goal drought, once he scores his first, everything will be much easier

He is clearly unfit from what I've seen of him. The burst of pace that used to turn vidic into a 7 year-old girl just isn't there at the moment and he needs a break. Also, the return of Yossi Benayoun should be a blessing for Torres and Chelsea as a whole, as he is a great creative player, and he has had some great times with Torres at Liverpool. Personally, I think that chelsea need a personnel clearance at the end of this season, letting ferraira, either drogba or anelka, zhirkov and bosingwa go. We need to bring in some youth, in the forms of Neymar, Van der Wiel and Lukaku, which would give the club some players to develop into the chelsea tactics, and not be more of a square peg being pushed into a circular hole, which is definitely the case with some of the signings that we have made in the Abramovich era. Plus, bring Ray Wilkins back, and make Abramovich keep his nose out of the management. This should keep the whole team happy and bring success in the near future.

What i dont get is why aren't people slating David Villa, he hasn't scored in 13 games or so and he cost £40m, but, he has scored 17 this season whereas Torres hasn't. I hope/believe Torres will do well next season if Ancelotti is there or not and i believe that Drogba has been offered out to a few clubs so maybe a tweak in tactics to help support Torres to find his Liverpool 'form' ?

Personally, I think that chelsea need a personnel clearance at the end of this season, letting ferraira, either drogba or anelka, zhirkov and bosingwa go. We need to bring in some youth, in the forms of Neymar, Van der Wiel and Lukaku

No way IMO next season should be Drogba and Anelka's last season and then let them go, they have a lot to offer. The past two games Drogba has proved he's still one of the best strikers in the world and imagine next year having Drogba on the bench to bring on. It's pointless letting Paulo Ferreira go because he's happy to see out his days as third choice RB, it seems anyway. As for Zhirkov he also has a lot to offer and if we can get him fit in the summer then he will be one of Chelsea's best players. No need to buy van der Wiel because Ivanovic has been our best players this season IMO. I'd agree about getting rid of Bosingwa because he's a liability in defence. But, we need to get someone young who will be happy to be a bench player to replace him, which IMO rules out van der Wiel because there's a lot of teams chasing him, so why go to a team to be backup? I think we should finally get Neymar, but not Lukaku because I think Neymar can go straight into the team whereas Lukaku will be on the bench and if we keep Didier and Anelka he may even struggle to get on the bench, remember we have Sturridge too.

Anyway Torres' goal will come, but there's no need to force him to score if we do I believe he will get a serious injury, miss pre-season then come back in November or somewhere around that time and be struggling to score. If Carlo carries on like this giving him either 25 minutes or 60 minutes each games then a goal will come. Then in pre-season he can get match fit, blend in with the squad more and then hopefully return to scoring goals for fun.

Last edited:
Next season, regardless of transfers, Chelsea will have two great players back in the form of Benayoun, who should be fit, and Sturridge. I'm counting on either of them to provide a creative link between Torres and the rest of the team.

Back