The Question: What has gone wrong for Fernando Torres at Chelsea?

• Thread starter Thread starter Mike.
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 134
  • Views Views 8K
Surely someone who reached 100goals in the PL quicker than anyone (if im right) will be rememberd for a long time.

Huge thing happened today which i think could see us get the best out of Torres. Ancelotti reverted back to the 4-3-3 and knows he has to go with either Drogba or Torres and Drogba was sensational today. And when Drogba came off for Torres he looked lively too so i would say things are looking up.

Give Carlo one more year uncle Roman!!!!

He is like... 40 short of a hundred or something like that.

Even if Torres dosent come good at Chelsea (which he will) then both will be rememberd as 2 of the best strikers to grace the game. Lay off.

On What Basis mate. Being a spanish back up? Being washed up by 28? Being part of a side that finished runnre up once in his spell there. Never winning a league title? being injured all the time?

On What Basis mate. Being a spanish back up? Being washed up by 28? Being part of a side that finished runnre up once in his spell there. Never winning a league title? being injured all the time?

There is still time for all of that to change. He still has plenty of years left in him and also you was not saying that when you believed he was going to join utd.

There is still time for all of that to change. He still has plenty of years left in him and also you was not saying that when you believed he was going to join utd.

Never thought he was joining utd, it was just fun at the time winding up Liverpool fans over it.

One rumour doing the rounds is that his medical with Chelsea was touch and go and a bit rushed through. What's been obvious to me all season is that he no longer canes defenders one on one. That acceleration just isn't there. You can see him try and get frustrated by his inability to do that. May need a rest more than anything else. May be something a bit more serious (think Owen) if this continues next season.

No way. Sheva is. He is a Legend. What he did with Ac Milan is nothing sort of brilliant. He will be remembered as one of the most deadly striker of 2 decades.

On the other hand, Torres had 2-3 good seasons. Nothing more than that. Euro was all about David Villa, Xavi, Senna. Even in his Atletico days he was the best of bad bunch, he was young and had potential then had 2-3 good seasons. Thats it..

Remind me again who scored the winner in the Final of Euro 2008 and got man of the match?? No matter what he will rememberd, not as much as Sheva but even still.

He is like... 40 short of a hundred or something like that.

Yer your right, i think he was the quickest to 50 though.

The Spanish backup who broke Spains 44 year trophy duck by scoring the winner in Euro 2008 and produced a performance that won him man of the match and Spain have grown massivly in stature and class and abilty since then. And its your prediction but i dont think he is washed up yet, if Rooney can find his form then there is no reason why Torres cant. How many times has it been said mainly by Utd fans, form is temporary, class is perminant.

Remind me again who scored the winner in the Final of Euro 2008 and got man of the match?? No matter what he will rememberd, not as much as Sheva but even still.

Materazzi scored in the world cup finals doesn't make him one of the best defenders to grace the game. Torres is not even among the best in last 2 decades let alone ever. You just can't take one goal and bast your argument around that. It is not as if he won the Euro on his own. He played way lesser role than at least half a dozen players.

Wiltord scored last min equaliser in Euro 00, i dont think anyone would say he was one of the best to grace the game.

Do you even remember the Greece goal scorer in the Euro 2004 finals? If Torres continues in the same way i dont think anyone would even remember him down the line..

Materazzi scored in the world cup finals doesn't make him one of the best defenders to grace the game. Torres is not even among the best in last 2 decades let alone ever. You just can't take one goal and bast your argument around that. It is not as if he won the Euro on his own. He played way lesser role than at least half a dozen players.

Wiltord scored last min equaliser in Euro 00, i dont think anyone would say he was one of the best to grace the game.

Do you even remember the Greece goal scorer in the Euro 2004 finals? If Torres continues in the same way i dont think anyone would even remember him down the line..

Well i think he will be rememberd and he still has years to make sure he leaves the game with an even greater stature.

Well i think he will be rememberd and he still has years to make sure he leaves the game with an even greater stature.

He might be remembered but not as one of the best striker to grace the game. Very very far from it.. May be as a part of Spain's dream team again which he got replaced by Pedro..

Angelos Charisteas? He plays for Schalke now, you'll be seeing him in the semis :P

Angelos Charisteas? He plays for Schalke now, you'll be seeing him in the semis :P

One of the best striker ever to grace the game. He scored winner and won the Euro for Greece which is way way way harder than winning with Spain.

One of the best striker ever to grace the game. He scored winner and won the Euro for Greece which is way way way harder than winning with Spain.

He never played for Liverpool or Chelsea though or played in the most watched league worldwide

He never played for Liverpool or Chelsea though or played in the most watched league worldwide

What is the next excuse. Charisteas name is not Torres?

Playing for Chelsea means Jackshit when it comes to mentioning someone as one of the best. Chelsea is not as big or best club as you think they are. On the other hand Liverpool are..

What is the next excuse. Charisteas name is not Torres?

Playing for Chelsea means Jackshit when it comes to mentioning someone as one of the best. Chelsea is not as big or best club as you think they are. On the other hand Liverpool are..

Where did i say anything about Chelsea being as big as Liverpool or even a big club? The matter of fact is Chelsea are a big club and as the PL has grown massivly in stature every year so has Chelsea and worldwide we are a massive club now. Not on the same level as Utd or Liverpool and not once have i said we are, but in this day and age Chelsea is a massive name worldwide and people are very intrested in us.

Where did i say anything about Chelsea being as big as Liverpool or even a big club? The matter of fact is Chelsea are a big club and as the PL has grown massivly in stature every year so has Chelsea and worldwide we are a massive club now. Not on the same level as Utd or Liverpool and not once have i said we are, but in this day and age Chelsea is a massive name worldwide and people are very intrested in us.

But your post was like he has never played for Chelsea or Liverpool as if it is one of the criteria to be a great player.

Anyways way off topic.
He is not even among the best in the last 2 decades. 3 good seasons wont book a place among the best..

But your post was like he has never played for Chelsea or Liverpool as if it is one of the criteria to be a great player.

Anyways way off topic.
He is not even among the best in the last 2 decades. 3 good seasons wont book a place among the best..

Thats a little harsh, people seem to forget he wasent a bad player at Atletico was he 91 goals in 249 appearences. The first of which was when he was only 16 and the he was only 23. I would say that is pretty impressive wouldnt you.

Thats a little harsh, people seem to forget he wasent a bad player at Atletico was he 91 goals in 249 appearences. The first of which was when he was only 16 and the he was only 23. I would say that is pretty impressive wouldnt you.

Owen and Fowler had better records and even they started very young. Like i said he had only 2-3 good seasons. Thats it.

Edit: I'm not saying he was a bad player. He was an excellent player 2 seasons back but then he has regressed. Lost his acceleration, pace which was his most dangerous weapon. He was world class 2 years back, now nothing but decent.

The Spanish backup who broke Spains 44 year trophy duck by scoring the winner in Euro 2008 and produced a performance that won him man of the match and Spain have grown massivly in stature and class and abilty since then. And its your prediction but i dont think he is washed up yet, if Rooney can find his form then there is no reason why Torres cant. How many times has it been said mainly by Utd fans, form is temporary, class is perminant.

The fact you mention only one game for Spain illustrates he is nothing more then a Spanish Back up and David Villa a far greater player... I dont even think of Torres when i think of Spains elite players. And he is not the reason spain had grown in Stature and Class, I think your find he has done very little for them in the past 2 years.

You keep comparing rooney, but in Wayne barren spell he spent the majority of it injured and it did last 18-24 months like Torres. Next your be saying Sheva will find his AC milan form soon.

The fact you mention only one game for Spain illustrates he is nothing more then a Spanish Back up and David Villa a far greater player... I dont even think of Torres when i think of Spains elite players. And he is not the reason spain had grown in Stature and Class, I think your find he has done very little for them in the past 2 years.

You keep comparing rooney, but in Wayne barren spell he spent the majority of it injured and it did last 18-24 months like Torres. Next your be saying Sheva will find his AC milan form soon.

Was waiting for your re-entrance lol. Not once did i say Torres was better than Villa and why would i. I also never said he was important or one of the biggest players for Spain. But he hugely helped them break a trophy drout which stretched back over 40years and was part of somthing that looks nearly impossible to beat for years to come. Torres has also been injured and unfit. Im not comparring the two as of sorts but im just saying Wazza refound his form and i believe Nando will do the same after a good break and some settling into life down south.

Was waiting for your re-entrance lol. Not once did i say Torres was better than Villa and why would i. I also never said he was important or one of the biggest players for Spain. But he hugely helped them break a trophy drout which stretched back over 40years and was part of somthing that looks nearly impossible to beat for years to come. Torres has also been injured and unfit. Im not comparring the two as of sorts but im just saying Wazza refound his form and i believe Nando will do the same after a good break and some settling into life down south.

I dont know where you got anyone accused you of saying Torres was better then Villa, because i just re-read my post and i didnt mention it. Just simply saying he is a spanish Back up, which was my original point.

Torres isnt as physical as wayne as a player, meaning he will take longer to recover and might not be the same in the same mould of wayne, as he isnt as well built as wayne.. If you remember to his liverpool careers first 12 months, he got kicked around by most defenders, this has clearly had an long term effect on him as a player. His body is going and he seems like he cant trust hs body mentallity.

I will always make a re entrance.

Back