Closing in on 2000 unique downloads of the tactic by the way, and 500 unique downloads of the database. =)

@Mantralux on twitter.

Hi Joss , i'm using a similar tactic ( my own created 4231 ) , but as i'm looking to helpfull tweaks to my tactic i had a look at this one . The big difference with my tactic are the fb's ( mine are no winbacks but fullbacks but play attacking instead of support ) . Anyway great work done lads , really nice job !

Here are some Q's i had :
* Why that " special " database ? is SI 's DB no good ? i didnt understand your motivation in beginpost
* Set pieces : i think there's a bug in game : the game never saves my cornerinstructions when they are
personal . weard stuff
* I have read in tactical guides thet mentality between most defensive and most attacking player shouldnt
be more than 8 notches ( its ok if i look to the dlc , but not when we take the drc into account )
* Last fm i played was fm2008 so not quite used to the role assignments . here u have a dc stopper & a dc
cover ok i understand ( i'm not that stupid lol ) , but no real dc on defend , thats the role of the ballwinning
mcr if i understand it well ?
* Why no trough balls and run with ball on mixed for the aml & amr ?
* The box 2 box mlc has also most instuctions on rarely , why is that ?
* Lots of players roaming , might declare why Arsenal is so strong at home , but weak away from home..
* Shouldn't we try to tweak the setpieces and also create an away tactic ( same tac , more defensive
instructions ? ( i think fb's & mlc & maybe sc & less roaming)

now i'm gonna give this a try with Anderlecht , i'll keep u updated ;)

Hi Joss , i'm using a similar tactic ( my own created 4231 ) , but as i'm looking to helpfull tweaks to my tactic i had a look at this one . The big difference with my tactic are the fb's ( mine are no winbacks but fullbacks but play attacking instead of support ) . Anyway great work done lads , really nice job !

Here are some Q's i had :
* Why that " special " database ? is SI 's DB no good ? i didnt understand your motivation in beginpost
* Set pieces : i think there's a bug in game : the game never saves my cornerinstructions when they are
personal . weard stuff
* I have read in tactical guides thet mentality between most defensive and most attacking player shouldnt
be more than 8 notches ( its ok if i look to the dlc , but not when we take the drc into account )
* Last fm i played was fm2008 so not quite used to the role assignments . here u have a dc stopper & a dc
cover ok i understand ( i'm not that stupid lol ) , but no real dc on defend , thats the role of the ballwinning
mcr if i understand it well ?
* Why no trough balls and run with ball on mixed for the aml & amr ?
* The box 2 box mlc has also most instuctions on rarely , why is that ?
* Lots of players roaming , might declare why Arsenal is so strong at home , but weak away from home..
* Shouldn't we try to tweak the setpieces and also create an away tactic ( same tac , more defensive
instructions ? ( i think fb's & mlc & maybe sc & less roaming)

now i'm gonna give this a try with Anderlecht , i'll keep u updated ;)

Just a couple of questions then! ;)

- The "special database" is simply an edited database to make the most realistic possible Arsenal experience in FM - It includes things like making Wenger director of football - because we assume if he ever left the club it would be as this or something similar, instead of rotting in unemployment! Also included are a couple of attribute changes, and positional changes - Cesc is made a natural AMC etc.

- Can't say about the set-pieces, mine work fine I think - In the tactic they're made like Arsenal take set-pieces.

- Not really sure what you mean here.. the DRC at Arsenal is quite defensive, you rarely see Koscielny/Squillaci moving forward from the DRC slot (Notice the DLC doesn't do this as much as last year either.) On the other hand, to get the best/most realistic performances from Cesc, he has to be made attacking.

- Ball winning midfielder is indeed on defend, but if you look at Arsenal play, the DLC plays as a stopper, moving forward to try and intercept the ball higher up the field, whereas the DRC is covering for him. It wouldn't work if the DRC simply had "defend duty" he'd be too far up the pitch, and we'd concede even more goals!

- The lack of through balls on the sliders is because the key to the tactic, and the way Arsenal play is keeping possession. In FM11, the AI has been made better, and keeps possession better, and through balls decreases the pass completion/possession stats, so we have to put it on rarely. RE: Run w/ ball mixed, i'm assuming you think it should be more? They don't actually run with the ball that often, and again it's about keeping possession up to about 60% and pass completion at around 80-5%.

- Box to Box is same as above really, also it's realistic - Wilshere plays short, simple passes and only runs with the ball when he doesn't have another option.

- To be fair, we haven't exactly been strong at home either recently ;)

- For difficult away matches, or trying to keep a lead, you can pull the WBs back a notch to FB, making them less attacking in doing so.. You can also tick "retain possession" and maybe "get stuck in" if it's Wolves away ;)

- Good luck with Anderlecht, the tactic hasn't been tested with other teams, and the DB is pretty much specifically for Arsenal, but keep me updated =)

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

110 more downloads to reach 2000 unique downloads of the tactic since the release three days ago! http://bit.ly/9zE4bZ

I'm tempted to download and see if I can get Hearts playing like Arsenal XD. But from experiance last year with Mantralux's work, I know it's great. I downloaded the DB, tactics, kits and everything last year despite the fact I think it was all for patch 10.2 (10.3 had came out, I dropped down a patch to use it :O). But again, great work, I will download for sure at some point no doubt. :wub:

I'm tempted to download and see if I can get Hearts playing like Arsenal XD. But from experiance last year with Mantralux's work, I know it's great. I downloaded the DB, tactics, kits and everything last year despite the fact I think it was all for patch 10.2 (10.3 had came out, I dropped down a patch to use it :O). But again, great work, I will download for sure at some point no doubt. :wub:

Ha. Anything's better than the way Aberdeen have been playing ;)

Give the tactic a download and tell me how you do! =)

BUMP for recent thread dwellers.

Ha. Anything's better than the way Aberdeen have been playing ;)

Give the tactic a download and tell me how you do! =)

BUMP for recent thread dwellers.

Hahaa, good point, they are playing rather poorly. On topic though, I'm going to download it now, arrange a couple more friendlies and see how it goes. I'll post up the results :)

Ok, thought I'd share my first result with the tactic and a nice team goal to show people it does actually work.

Although the opposition was Colchester, the team still played really well and knocked it about in perfect triangles at times. I have harder game coming up soon to test it a little better though.

The video cuts out the play on the RW between Suso, Kyle and Coelho, but I believe it shows you the brilliant switch to Rudi Skacel who knocks it through to Magnus Eikrem to score the 3rd.

Anyway, CLICK HERE to view the goal.

Ok, thought I'd share my first result with the tactic and a nice team goal to show people it does actually work.

Although the opposition was Colchester, the team still played really well and knocked it about in perfect triangles at times. I have harder game coming up soon to test it a little better though.

The video cuts out the play on the RW between Suso, Kyle and Coelho, but I believe it shows you the brilliant switch to Rudi Skacel who knocks it through to Magnus Eikrem to score the 3rd.

Anyway, CLICK HERE to view the goal.

Great goal. Getting a few of these too. Cesc scored a beautiful team goal against Tottenham (I'll try and upload later) we made something like 15 passes before it came to RVP, then Cesc, who rounded the keeper and scored. :wub:

picture.php

2nd Update

What's the table looking like? You've turned it into a story lol

Very interesting. I think I may have to have a go at this some time.

Thanks Joss and Mantralux.

Used this tactic for 10 games.
Concede a lot goals and difficult to hold the lead.

Looking good Calum. I struggle to fault this tactic. I had to stop using it though as Hearts simply weren't effective with it. It will remain saved for an Arsenal game though. :wub:

Gonna try it and maybe tweak a little bit for Barcelona.

Our teams play a very similar brand of football.

But in my humble opinion, the Barca philosophy is even more about control (sometimes too much IMO) and Arsenal is a bit more attack-minded, and the tempo is faster.

I've also noticed something regarding teams using "Very Fluid" philosophy. It would appear that the overall "width" of the tactic I choose really not affect the way the players move in the simulation.... e.g. whether I have set to narrow or wide, the fluidity causes constant shifts in position and movement and the team may go from wide to narrow, from left to right to middle, etc, etc. Thoughts?

Also I have a more serious question, have you thought of a reliable way for your players to use a lot of pressure high up the pitch? I ALWAYS tick pressure to "high" under opposition instructions for every single player including the keeper. I recently read that ticking "tight marking" will also help this.

I am a big fan of the high press and found that the EM seems to dislike this style in favor of containment.

Thanks and much cheers.

Gonna try it and maybe tweak a little bit for Barcelona.

Our teams play a very similar brand of football.

I'd say the only thing they have in common is the possession aspect, all other areas are completely different.

Barca plays a 4-5-1/4-1-2-3 variant with a completely different approach than Arsenal, so you would have to tweak massively in order to transform this Arsenal tactic into a realistic Barca one. (H)

---------- Post added at 10:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Haha Spurs winning the Premier League.....oh the default database.