kelanf7

Reaction score
images

Hodgson Hired As Athletico Boss

Roy+Hodgson.jpg

Former Fulham and Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson has been hired as the new manager of Athletico Madrid, BBC understand

An news conference is expected to be called over the week where Roy Hodgson will explain his choice to join the Spanish team that he lost to in the 2010 Europa Cup Final​

Athletico have been searching for a new manager for a few days now since Sanchez Flores was sacked by the Athletico Board​

But BBC Sport understands former boss Anfield Boss Rafael Benitez turned down the chance to manage Madrid yesterday.​

Roy Hodgson is likely to bring in his own staff, likely his former Liverpool Staff, which could prove a difficult task as they don't know the Language.​

It is pubicly known that Roy Hodgson will be given a Transfer Kitty of 10million to work with and secure some signings to improve this Madrid squad.​

Roy Hodgson has today stated​

" I am absolutley delighted to be given the chance to come out and manage in spain with some great managers like Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola. I can assure the Athletico fans that we will still be playing attractive attacking football and i will be looking to sign players who fit in to that catergory. My first competive match will be again European champions Inter Milan and i am already looking forward to challenging those big teams, both in europe and la liga. My aims for this season are too qualify through to the Knockout rounds of the Champions League and to challenge the top two in La Liga!
Thankyou "
 ​

Hodgson's Shortlist

Manuel Almunia​

Sotiris Kyriagos​

Pablo Zabaleta​

Reto Ziegler​

Sotris Ninis​

Eden Hazard​

Christian Benitez​

220251.jpg
EdenHazard_2144756.jpg

Will these two join Hodgson at Athletico​

Good start mate. Will deffo follow. Take a look at my story if u don't mind!

Nice start pal, could have some more info in the OP and Kyriagkos oO), but KIU man, sure it will be good.

Cheers pal, update coming soon, some big tranfers as i was given 40mill ;)

athletico.png

Hodgson Spends Money

Giuseppe-Rossi-Villarreal.jpg

New Athletico Madrid boss Roy Hodgson has certinaley splashed the cash by spending a total of 46.5 million pound on new players. Much will be expected from the new players who have been given the chance to improve their careers by Hodgson. The biggest signing of Roy Hodgsons reign so far is defintley the capture of Villarreal Striker Rossi for just over 20million pounds.

Transfers In

Christian Benitez - Santos Laguna - 2mill
Kevin - Zaragoza - 2mill
Giuseppe Rossi - Villarreal - 20.5mill
Eden Hazard - Lille - 18.5mill
Sotiris Ninis - Panathanikos - 3.7mill

Transfers Out

Jorge Pulido - Malaga - 550k

2-hazard.jpg

European Super Cup

Inter Milan 3-2 Athletico Madrid

Milito (2) , Stankovic

Aguero (2)

InterMilanforwardDiegoMilito.jpg

Inter Milan have come away from Monaco with yet another trophy to add to their cabinet. Milito gave Inter the lead in the 4th minute of the game with a glancing header. Milito then double Inter's lead in the 9th minute. Sergio Aguero then pulled one back for Madrid just before half time, before he equalised for Athletico in the 49th minute with a Penalty. It was in the 78th minute when Dejan Stankovic scored the winner for Inter Milan.

Best Player - Diego Milito - 9.2

View attachment 131909

Europa League Group

36272_hp.jpg

Group I

PSG
Lokomotiv Moscow
Dnipro

Good comeback against Inter, shame about the result mate. Will it be 3 up front as Rossi has arrived? I'll make an update on mine about 8/8.30! KIU!

How did you get 40 Mil, I started on with Athletico a time back and I got 25 first season. Im now in third season and really enjoying it. finding it tough to break into the top two. came third twice.

Thanks Guys, Update Later,

I Asked for more money ;)

athletico.png

Not The Best September

Roy-Hodgson-liverpool1.jpg

Athletic Bilbao 4-3 Athletico Madrid

​

Bilbao : Martinez (2) , San Jose , De Gea O.G

Madrid : Forlan , Aguero (2)

De Gea

Perea Godin Ujfalusi A.Lopez

M. Suarez

R. Garcia

Ninis Hazard

Forlan Aguero

...............................................................​

Lokomotiv Moscow 1-0 Athletico Madrid

​

Moscow : Aliev (Pen)

Aguero Miss Penalty (20min)

De Gea

Perea Godin Ujfalusi A.Lopez

Assuncao

M.Suarez

Ninis Reyes

Forlan Aguero

Athletico Madrid 0-1 Barcelona

Barcelona : Xavi

De Gea

Valera Godin Ujfalusi Filipe

Tiago Suarez R. Garcia

Hazard

Aguero Rossi

Valencia 1-2 Athletico Madrid

Valencia : Maduro

Madrid : Garcia, Hazard

De Gea

Tiago Merida R. Garcia

Hazard

Aguero Benitez

Athletico 7-0 Zaragoza

Athletico : Forlan (3), Tiago (2), Godin, Hazard

De Gea

Tiago Assuncao R. Garcia

Hazard

Forlan Rossi

..................................................................................

Athletico 2-1 Dnipro

Athletico : Forlan (2)

Dnipro : Seleznyov (Pen)

De Gea

Perea Godin Ujfalusi Dominguez

Tiago Kevin R. Garcia

Hazard

Forlan Rossi

The Month in Pictures

Atletico_Madrid_vs_a50b.jpg

Atletico+Madrid+vs+Sporting.jpg

atletico_madrid.jpg

n_atletico_de_madrid_octavos_ida_at_madrid_vs_barcelona-92556.jpg

Sorry about the lack of info i rushed this update

Others will be more informatic

Great end to the month. My September is up mate and October later on!

athletico.png

Brilliant October For Athletico

Sevilla 0-3 Athletico
Hazard, Forlan, Aguero

eden-hazard-2.jpg

De Gea
Perea Godin Ujifulasi Domiguez
Assuncao Suarez Tiago
Forlan Aguero Hazard

I was very pleased with the performance by the boys especially the Attacking triplet up fron who all got on the scoresheet for us. I was also very impressed with our defence who managed to keep the dangerous Negerdo and Kanoute quiet.

Athletico 2-2 Getafe
Forlan, Rossi

Giuseppe-Rossi-Villarreal.jpg

De Gea
Ujfalusi Godin Dominguez Lopez
Garcia Suarez Tiago
Forlan Aguero Hazard

I am pleased that we managed to come from 2-0 down to rescue a point, but after the recent performances from our team i was kinda expecting more than just a point, but altogether im happy with the comeback.

PSG 2-2 Athletico
Forlan (2)

De Gea
Valera Godin Ujifulasi Domiguez
Assuncao Suarez Garcia
Forlan Aguero Ninis

A Decent result away from home, im disappointed that we let PSG score a very late goal, but i am very happy with the performance from the boys especially Diego Forlan for scoring two wonderful goals

Villarreal 0-1 Athletico
Forlan

Forlan-Goals.jpg

De Gea
Perea Godin Ujifulasi Domiguez
Assuncao Suarez Tiago
Reyes Forlan Ninis

Another great result away from home and another vital goal by starman Diego Forlan. It was good to see that we are finally working as a team, attacking and defending very very well

Oviedo 0-3 Athletico
Costa (2) , Merida

diego.jpg

Robles
Perea Juanito Ujifulasi Domiguez
Tiago Kevin Merida
Rossi Costa Hazard

A good convinicing win in the Cup against a very weak opposition in Oviedo. It was intresting to see how the new players that were brought into the side did. And i was impressed especially with Diego Costa's performance which could earn him a spot in the first team.

Athletico 2-0 Almeria
Forlan (2)

Diego-Forlan-001.jpg

De Gea
Perea Godin Lopez Domiguez
Assuncao Suarez Tiago
Forlan Aguero Hazard

Another great win for us today and it was another exceptional performance by Diego Forlan who yet again manager to score 2 wonderful goals and it is great to see him playing like one of the best footballers in the world.

Great story & very good layout. Take a look at my Arsenal story if u don't mind mate!

The second update layout looks more professional in my opinion. If playing 4-3-3 try and buy Pablo Piatti from Almeria, bout 12 million, takes a few seasons then wow, hes scored 14 in 15 so far this season, more the Aguero and Forlan.