• Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 157K
images

SPAIN

UEFA European Championships

Group F

Spain 2-2 Croatia
Fabregas, Radosevic (og)

Line Up: Casillas, Ramos (Azpilicueta), Pique, Javi Martinez, Alba, Busquets (Benat), Fabregas, Susaeta, Mata, Iniesta, Muniain

We will take that as we were 2 down after 17min but battled back and got a lucky last minute equaliser!

Republic of Ireland
0-0 Switzerland

-------------------------------------------------

Republic of Ireland 0-4 Spain
Muniain 2, Mata, Javi Martinez

Line Up: Casillas, Ramos, Pique, Javi Martinez, Alba, Busquets (Benat), Herrera, Susaeta, Mata (Thiago), Iniesta (Isco), Muniain*

Thats more like it! Fabregas had a knock so I put Herrera in and he did OK. We played much better when I threw Benat on for Busquets and Isco for Iniesta.

Croatia 2-0 Switzerland

-------------------------------------------------

Spain 2-0 Switzerland
Muniain, Herrera

Line Up: Casillas, Ramos (Azpilicueta), Pique, Javi Martinez, Alba, Busquets, Herrera*, Susaeta (Isco), Mata, Iniesta (Llorente), Muniain

Through we go! We got 2 early goals and when Lichtsteiner got sent-off for them midway through the 2nd half the game was over! Bad news was that Sergio Ramos got stretchered off and his tournament is over.

Croatia
3-1 Republic of Ireland

View attachment 284211

images

SPAIN

2ND ROUND

Spain 2-0 Denmark
Susaeta, Iniesta

Line Up:
Casillas, Azpilicueta, Pique*, Javi Martinez (Inigo Martinez), Alba, Busquets, Herrera, Susaeta, Fabregas (Rodrigo), Mata (Iniesta), Muniain

I decided to drop Iniesta as he wasnt performing well so moved Mata to LW and brought back Fabregas into AMC. We struck early on and just went through the motions really.

Poland 0-7 Ukraine
Belgium 2-1 England
Croatia 1-0 Wales
France 2-2 Germany (P)
Turkey 3-0 Czech. Republic
Slovakia 1-4 Russia
Portugal 4-1 Holland

images

SPAIN

Quarter-Finals

Ukraine 2-3 Spain
Mata, Fabregas 2

Line Up:
Casillas, Azpilicueta, Pique, Javi Martinez (San Jose), Alba, Busquets, Herrera, Susaeta (Isco), Fabregas, Mata, Muniain (Rodrigo)

Going into this game I was thinking it would be harder than usual as Ukraine have been on fire! Not only did they beat Poland 7-0 but they also defeated Scotland 4-0 with Seleznyov scoring all 4.

As it was Seleznyov put them ahead but by half-time we were 3-1 up thanks to Mata and Fabregas. Seleznyov pulled one back but it wasnt enough!

Belgium 4-2 Croatia
Russia
2-0 Portugal
Turkey
2-1 Germany

Last edited:
images

SPAIN

Semi-Finals

Spain 1-0 Turkey
Benat
AET

Line Up: Casillas, Azpilicueta, Pique, Javi Martinez, Alba, Busquets (Benat), Herrera (Iniesta), Susaeta, Fabregas, Mata (Rodrigo), Muniain

How this went to extra time is beyond me as we battered them from start to finish. As it was we got the winner from substitute Benat's free-kick. Unfortunately Benat then got injured and his tournament is over.

Belgium 2-0 Russia

images

SPAIN

2ND ROUND

Spain 2-0 Denmark
Susaeta, Iniesta

Line Up:
Casillas, Azpilicueta, Pique*, Javi Martinez (Inigo Martinez), Alba, Busquets, Herrera, Susaeta, Fabregas (Rodrigo), Mata (Iniesta), Muniain

I decided to drop Iniesta as he wasnt performing well so moved Mata to LW and brought back Fabregas into AMC. We struck early on and just went through the motions really.

Poland 0-7 Ukraine
Belgium 2-1 England
Croatia 1-0 Wales
France 2-2 Germany (P)
Turkey 3-0 Czech. Republic
Slovakia 1-4 Russia
Portugal 4-1 Holland

Wales????? that has to be a miss print, lol

images

SPAIN

UEFA European Championship

Final

Belgium 0-2 Spain
Javi Martinez, Muniain

Line Up: Casillas, Pique, San Jose (Inigo Martinez), Javi Martinez*, Alba, Busquets, Herrera (Iniesta), Susaeta (Isco), Fabregas, Mata, Muniain

Belgium: Courtois, Vanden Borre, Kompany, Vertonghen, Vermaelen, Nainggolan, Witsel, Dembele, Hazard, Wuytens (De Laet), Vossen (Mertens) (Benteke)

VICTORY!!!!! And fully deserved too. We were weakened as we were without a recognised RB so Pique did a job there as San Jose came in. Susaeta needed a rest but I had to stick with him!

We took an early lead and although Dembele and Hazard was causing us problems Casillas was up to the challenge and when Muniain scored in the 2nd half it was all over. However Fabregas then got himself sent-off but we didnt crack under the pressure!

AWARDS
Best Player - Eugene Seleznyov (Ukraine)
Golden Boot - Eugene Seleznyov (Ukraine)
Best Goal - Eden Hazard (Belgium)

DREAM TEAM

Casillas (Spain)
Hamit Altintop (Turkey)
Javi Martinez (Spain)
Pique (Spain)
Alba (Spain)
Gotze (Germany)
Hazard (Belgium)
Fabregas (Spain)
Konoplyanka (Ukraine)
Seleznyov (Ukraine)
Muniain (Spain)

Ander Herrera was named as a sub

Rightyo peeps - my mate Darran (Stonecold on this site) is coming round shortly and we are going to have a bash at an online game so that could be the last updates for today. Depends on if he wants to stay and watch the Newcastle game with me! lol

Rightyo peeps - my mate Darran (Stonecold on this site) is coming round shortly and we are going to have a bash at an online game so that could be the last updates for today. Depends on if he wants to stay and watch the Newcastle game with me! lol

Depending if your D-Pad is any use!​

Well done on the trophys! glad to see Aitor leaving where he had left off!! Also i like the idea of Bilbaos transfer policy as sometimes you could have to pick too many people and miss out on the next 'Aitor'!! Good luck for next and see if you can get that treble!!

Last edited:
Will get some updates tonight (nearly finished pre-season) - revealing 2 big signings no less at a cost of nearly £55m!!!!!!

Almost got a squad to do one of those many unbeaten seasons that I got in the FM12 save!

Will get some updates tonight (nearly finished pre-season) - revealing 2 big signings no less at a cost of nearly £55m!!!!!!

Almost got a squad to do one of those many unbeaten seasons that I got in the FM12 save!
Is one Llorente and the other Azpilicueta? I have a sneaky suspicion they are.

images

PRE-SEASON

So another pre-season is done and it has been eventful! From winning the Euros to hiring and firing and signing staff/players. So much to tell so here we go..................

-----------------------------------------------------------

CLUB NEWS

I get a new contract worth £60,000 a week
Peter Lovenkrands is our new u19 fitness coach

AIMS
Retain the title (cant say I am going to win it every year yet)
Unbeaten league season maybe?
Win everything?
Keep churning out those wonderkids!!!!

PLAYERS IN

2 mammoth signings arrived. Firstly I paid £37m for Cesar Azpilicueta of Barcelona. His contract was due to end at the end of the season but I wanted him now!!!! He wasnt on my player search screen so it was just a spur of the moment bid to see if he would talk and he did! Now this means I have 5 or 6 years to get a new right back!
View attachment 284517

I then splashed out £15m on Eric Reverte. Eagle-eyed peeps may remember I loaned him a few seasons back as a 16y/o and he has developed into a beast!!! I have tried to buy him ever since he left us but I kept getting quoted £25-30m for him - even when Espanyol got relegated. So I was delighted when my 1000th £15m bid got accepted I was delighted!

I tried all the tricks in the book to get him - from declaring an interest to having a private chat and telling him he has to leave to get in the Spanish side but the price asked was still £30m!!! Anywho here he is.....
View attachment 284518

My final notable signing was another ex-loanee Felix Hoz. I got him on a free transfer from Valencia and immediately loaned him out to Villarreal where he will play top division football.
View attachment 284519

Finally I got these 3 youngsters in for a total of about £2m.
View attachment 284520View attachment 284521View attachment 284522

TOTAL SPENT: £54m

PLAYERS OUT
Just the one permanently as Jon Aurtenetxe left for Almeria for £5m. I did sell 2 B team players but other than that it was all about loan deals as I loaned out about 15 players. Several of those players will be playing top division football (Artola, Munoz, Hoz, and Martorell) which is fantastic as that means they will keep on developing!

TOTAL INCOME: £6m

SUMMARY

Azpilicueta is the new RB obviously while Reverte will be my backup CB alongside Prieto. Last year when I played my backup side I usually played Javi Martinez at CB so this year he will get a rest! Pol Balleste is my new backup keeper as Olazabal is out on loan. I am also sorely tempted to start Vazquez and put Benat on the bench but may leave it another season while if Griezmann has another season like last year Bernal will have his place sharpish!

Due to the B team getting relegated I have promoted some of my u19s to their side a year or so early as I feel that that level of football will benefit them more than u19 games and the B team should still challenge for promotion!

THE YOUNG ONES..................

In my first team squad (apart from Reverte - see above) these regens are here plus I will show Ortega, Gil, Torres and Vicent who are bubbling underneath....
View attachment 284524View attachment 284525View attachment 284526View attachment 284527View attachment 284528View attachment 284529View attachment 284530View attachment 284531View attachment 284532

Wonderkids are Reverte, Bernal, Prieto and Vazquez

Last edited:
Back