The Return of Aitor Herrera - The Boss of Bilbao

• Thread starter Thread starter Klippybo
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 157K
Good month and those changes look radical. Now you've explained them only the Susaeta one sounds silly.

images

SEPTEMBER

We have started the season on fire! This month had some incredibly tough fixtures as we came up against Inter, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia and our rivals Real Sociedad but we passed with flying colours!

Firstly we won the European Super Cup by just edging out Inter Milan in a 7 goal thriller thanks to Iker Muniain's first hat-trick of the season. We then sneaked past Sevilla before destroying Real Madrid at home thanks to an Ander Herrera hat-trick!

There has been another change to my starting eleven however as Antoine Griezmann has lost his place to Moises Bernal. Griezmann was injured for the first 2 games of the season so Bernal came in and has been magnificent!

------------------------------------------------

UEFA European Super Cup Final

Inter Milan 3-4 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain 3(1pen), Bueno

Hat-trick number 1 of the season for Iker then! We were 3up at half-time and cruising and then Inter brought on a regen striker and he scored a hat-trick too! In the end Bueno snatched a winner a couple of minutes from the end.

--------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 1-0 Sevilla
Alderweireld (og)

-----------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Real Madrid
Herrera 3(1pen), Bernal

A fantastic result. Herrera put us 2up within 5min and Bernal made it 3 soon after. Ronaldo missed a pen for them and although they pulled one back Marcelo got sent-off giving away a pen for us which Herrera converted for his hat-trick - he is scoring a lot more now for both club and country!

---------------------------------------------------

UEFA Champions League Group G

Athletic Bilbao 4-1 Shakhtar Donetsk
Fraile, Griezmann, Bueno 2

Another great result here as I rested several players for the upcoming league match. At 16 years and 43 days Carlos Fraile becomes the Champions League's youngest ever goalscorer.

----------------------------------------------------

Valencia 0-3 Athletic Bilbao
Ortega, San Jose (pen), Javi Martinez

My word! This is a magnificent effort as we were struggling and then had Azpilicueta sent-off after an hour. I brought off Vazquez, dropped Herrera to MC and put on De Marcos at RB and we went goal crazy!

-------------------------------------------------------

Espanyol 1-1 Athletic Bilbao
Alvarez (og)

We didnt play well here and got a late OG to go ahead but conceded a penalty in the 93rd minute to draw.

------------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Real Sociedad
Muniain 2, Ortega, Bernal

Derby day joy for us!!!! Was getting worried about Muniain as he wasnt playing well or scoring the goals but he bounced back here!

-------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANDER HERRERA

images

View attachment 286193

images

SPAIN

World Cup Qualifiers Group 9

FYR Macedonia 1-4 Spain
Pique, Herrera, Muniain 2

Fell behind - went 3-1 up - they missed a pen - we qualify for the World Cup. So far as Spain manager I have played 41 won 38 and drawn 3 while we are currently on a 22 game winning streak!

Good month and those changes look radical. Now you've explained them only the Susaeta one sounds silly.

The contract was the tipping point really. He was nearing 30 and his stats werent going to improve any. His stats that I look for in a winger were all 10-15 while Ortega is lower in some just now and much higher in others so I sold Susaeta at full price now instead of half price later lol

Amazing story man. I'm sure you get asked this a lot but how do you find such amazing regens?

For the ones that I buy I just look for a selection of high attributes (10-15) when they come in at the time of the youth intake. Which attributes depend on the position of the player. I normally spend at least half an hour sifting through players at the end of March!

images

a game against 100 local kids!

OCTOBER

A good month as we won every game played. Ortega and Bernal were excellent this month getting either goals or assists in every game - methinks they will be my wingers for a long time to come.

I got my 2nd foreign feeder team - we dont have first choice on their players but we can loan players out - in Israeli side Maccabi Netanya. My other foreign team is Jagodina of Serbia

-----------------------------------------

Dinamo 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Bueno 2

------------------------------------------------

Villarreal 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Ortega, Muniain

Ortega has started off well this season - lightning quick and can finish too - he just needs to work on his crossing and he will be a star!

-------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 3-1 Celta Vigo
Inigo Martinez, Ortega, Bernal

---------------------------------------------------

Ajax 2-3 Athletic Bilbao
Bueno 2, Fernandes (og)

I decided to risk it and rest my first teamers so this was a fantastic result and performance. We were 3up and cruising and almost let it slip but we held on.

Osasuna 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Ortega, Muniain 2

Another derby win - Muniain isnt playing anywhere near the level as he did last season but he is still scoring I suppose.

-----------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSE ANTONIO ORTEGA

View attachment 286221

View attachment 286222

images

SPAIN

FIFA World Cup Qualifiers Group 9

Spain 4-1 Turkey
Herrera 3(1pen), Muniain

Alvaro Vadillo made his debut here.

Spain 5-3 Israel
Muniain 4, Isco

Muniain scored all his goals in the first half while Damari got a hat-trick for them.

great read! enjoying your journey thus far...

wonder how u manage to play thru the seasons without hiccups... mine has been crash dumping like nobody's business...

Anyway, how are Herrera's stats now?

great read! enjoying your journey thus far...

wonder how u manage to play thru the seasons without hiccups... mine has been crash dumping like nobody's business...

Anyway, how are Herrera's stats now?

I also had this problem with my Man Utd save but it seems to have calmed down a bit now, best thing i found to do was having it saving the game weekly can be a problem but at least you never lose more than a couple of games.

Really enjoying this story! enjoy reading about youth development rather than splashing the cash when they are already developed! KUTGW!! and lets hope you can go on an unbeaten run for the season!

I enjoyed my Atletic save on last years game but I'm quite dissapointed with there starting finances this year. They sold Martinez for £40 million and have half that in the bank and they also have debt! Seems quite strange to me. Also can I ask in your save last season did you get any french basque players? I had the french league going but in the few years I played never got any decent regens going.

I enjoyed my Atletic save on last years game but I'm quite dissapointed with there starting finances this year. They sold Martinez for £40 million and have half that in the bank and they also have debt! Seems quite strange to me. Also can I ask in your save last season did you get any french basque players? I had the french league going but in the few years I played never got any decent regens going.

In last years game I only had Ligue 1 running as view only and managed to find one half decent player but he didnt make much of an impact with us! That was in over 20 seasons of play so to have one already in this one is encouraging - i think!

Oretga looks like a Spanish Walcott with that Acceleration lol!! Great stuff man just beasting it now

Dude any advice on a save that will no longer load?

Have i lost it forever?

if you go into where it's saved on your PC/laptop you can restore a previous version so as long as you have kept saving it regularly you can get it back :)

if you go into where it's saved on your PC/laptop you can restore a previous version so as long as you have kept saving it regularly you can get it back :)

Thanks for the advice, i will try this when i get home from work.

Fingers crossed :@

In last years game I only had Ligue 1 running as view only and managed to find one half decent player but he didnt make much of an impact with us! That was in over 20 seasons of play so to have one already in this one is encouraging - i think!
It would be easier to find one if you loaded France to the bottom because in real life the best Basque French clubs are in the CFA (fourth tier).

images

NOVEMBER

Another month with a 100% record! As usual November and December is the months where I play my youngsters as we play a load of cup games against rubbish teams or games where we have already qualified and the result doesnt matter.

Other than that the main event is the fact that my 2 young wingers are absolutely ripping apart everyone we come up against - Bernal in 15 games has 6 goals and 13 assists while Ortega in 14 games has 9 goals and 9 assists.

------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey 4th Round 1st Leg
Santboia 1-3 Athletic Bilbao
Bueno, Griezmann, De Marcos

-------------------------------------------------

Getafe 0-4 Athletic Bilbao
Ortega, Muniain, Griezmann, Bernal

We were 0-0 at half-time and not playing well so I shouted at the players and called them nasty names and they responded with a 4 goal showing in the 2nd half! lol

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Ajax
Bueno 2

Bueno's goalscoring record in this competition is amazing! He even had a goal disallowed here.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 5-3 Mallorca
Muniain 3, Ortega 2

Muniain has been overdue a hat-trick! Glad to see he hasnt lost it lol. Mallorca have a decent on loan regen Italian striker who scored a hat-trick for them too!

Athletic Bilbao 4-0 Levante
Herrera, Rodas (og), Inigo Martinez, Muniain

Annoying this as we were 4up after half an hour (we even missed a pen after 2min) and didnt add to our tally!

Shakhtar Donetsk 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Bueno 2

Fell behind but Bueno hit another double in the Champions League to keep up our 100% record.

--------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
IKER MUNIAIN

images

Obviously the only way to stop him is to shoot him!

View attachment 286871

-------------------------------------------------------------
images

SPAIN

Friendlies

Spain 5-2 England
Pique, Muniain, Bernal, Javi Martinez, Thiago

Jairo of Atletico Madrid made his debut here on the RW which made me wonder why I didnt call up Ortega as he has been amazing for Bilbao on the RW! We were 2-1 down at half-time here.

Spain 5-0 Cyprus
Javi Martinez, Muniain, Herrera, Alba, Mata

images

DECEMBER

A decent month with us winning another trophy but we werent really convincing in our performances apart from the game against lowly Santboia. We ended the month with a draw against Real in the cup and another against Barca in the league which sees us level on points with Barca with 2 games in hand.

In the Champions League we have drawn against Liverpool while in the World Cup my Spain team will play Portugal, Jamaica and Cameroon.

Managerial changes were made - AVB arrived at Osasuna while Juande Ramos left Deportivo.

----------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey 4th Round 2nd Leg

Athletic Bilbao (3) 7-0 Santboia (1)
Moreno (og), Artola (pen), Griezmann, Bueno, Algorta, Martinez, Vallee
(Agg: 10-1)

7 goals with 7 different goalscorers and only 6 shots on target!

Athletic Bilbao 3-2 Dinamo
Bueno 2, Martinez

Another 2 goals in the Champions League for Bueno! Thats 12 for this years competition!

Rayo Vallecano 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Muniain, Javi Martinez

Man of the match was Javi Garcia who Rayo signed off Man City on a free transfer.

FIFA Club World Cup SF

Tigres 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
San Jose, Bueno

----------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA Club World Cup Final

ES Tunis 1-2 Athletic Bilbao
Griezmann, Javi Martinez

I expected a bigger winning margin but at least it was a win and another trophy for the cabinet! Our winner came in stoppage time.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Copa del Rey 5th Round 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 0-0 Real Madrid

Disappointed not to have won this as we dominated and restricted Real to 2 shots that both came in stoppage time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Athletic Bilbao 1-1 Barcelona
Bernal

We were without Muniain, Ortega and Monreal for this match so to not lose is good but conceding a last minute equaliser is bad. Annoying doesnt quite describe it lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ANTOINE GRIEZMANN

images

View attachment 286939

Awesome progress with Bilbao! Again!

What tactic do you use mate? I have a Bilbao save going myself but struggling tactic wise

Back