• Replies Replies 467
  • Views Views 157K
images

SPAIN

FIFA World Cup

Final

Spain 3-1 Brazil
Mata, Ortega, Bernal

Line Up: Asenjo, Ramos (Azpilicueta), Pique, Javi Martinez, Victor Ruiz*, Busquets (Vazquez), Fabregas, Ortega, Mata (Herrera), Bernal, Bueno

Brazil: Rafael, Danilo, Marcos Ariel, Thiago Silva, Alex Sandro, Lucas Leiva, Sandro, Romulo, Lucas Moura, Oscar, Leandro Damiao

World Cup winners!!!!!! We stormed into a 3 goal lead in the first quarter of an hour with goals on 1, 3 and 13min. Leandro Damiao pulled one back on the half hour but we were always in control. We played the last 25min with 10men as I had made my subs and Pique went off injured.

images

Awards

World Cup Best Player - Moises Bernal (Spain)
World Cup Golden Boot - Gonzalo Higuain (Argentina)
World Cup Best Young Player - Moises Bernal (Spain)
World Cup Best Goal - Olivier Giroud (France)
World Cup Best Goalkeeper - Rafael (Brazil)

Dream Team
Rafael (Brazil)
Chandler (USA)
Javi Martinez (Spain)
Pique (Spain)
Alex Sandro (Brazil)
Messi (Argentina)
Mata (Spain)
Ortega (Spain)
Bernal (Spain)

Higuain (Argentina)
Leandro Damiao (Brazil)

images

SUMMARY
I am so chuffed with this tournament victory as we played some top sides unlike in my previous international tournament wins. We went goal crazy as we netted 24 times in the 7 games while Bernal and Ortega proved that they are world class wingers. All this without Iker Muniain for half the tournament too!

Sergio Ramos stepped down as Spain captain by the way!

Where did Barca get that Laranbaja guy from and how much for? Sorry for diverting from Bilbao but that guy is class

Well done on the world cup. Also people need to learn not all success comes from tactics and figuring out you own is more rewarding (and more effective now) and the days of plug and play guaranteed win due to exploits are gone.

images

PRE SEASON POST

So another season is about to get underway and hopefully it will be another successful one!!!!!

---------------------------------------------------

AIMS

Unbeaten in the league - thats it!

PLAYERS IN
Nobody signed for the first team so its possibly the stars of the future that I have brought in. Just a few youngsters for very little!!! The RW - Olaizola was signed from Parma and was Basque already but I brought him in nice and early in his career.

View attachment 288584View attachment 288585View attachment 288586View attachment 288587View attachment 288588View attachment 288589

TOTAL SPENT - £4.6m

PLAYERS OUT
2 main players left. Natxo Monreal left to go to Sporting Lisbon for £4.4m. He made 221 apps and scored once for us. Also leaving is Oscar De Marcos to Granada for £11.75m. De Marcos was Mr.Versatile and made 255 apps and scored 48 goals.

Also leaving was Ibai Gomez (Getafe £1.1m) and Pol Balleste (Almeria £1m) while out on loan most notably went Ruiz de Galarreta, wonderkid Oscar Torres and Juan Flor who amazingly went to Real Madrid for the season!! I also loaned out several other players as usual.

TOTAL INCOME - £19.25m

SUMMARY
With De Marcos leaving I had to call up 3 players to fill the void! lol. Vera is my new LB while Agirre will be backup until I can get somebody better. Enrique Bucci is my new backup RB and Aitor Jose Martinez has been called up to cover for RW. Also I called up GK Asier Casado to be my new backup keeper after Balleste left.

New to the first team.........
View attachment 288592View attachment 288593View attachment 288594View attachment 288595

.............and here are the rest of my regens in the first team squad from Bonilla to Vazquez
View attachment 288597View attachment 288598View attachment 288604View attachment 288606View attachment 288605View attachment 288599View attachment 288600View attachment 288601View attachment 288602View attachment 288603

amazing regens, how to get the best of this youngsters, on athletic b (2nd team) or ahtletic U18 ?

great achievement

images

AUGUST

A decent start to the season I suppose as we won the Euro Super Cup and have a small advantage in the Spanish Super Cup. Not much else happened really apart from loaning a few youngsters out!

------------------------------------------

Celta Vigo 0-2 Athletic Bilbao
Ortega, Muniain

--------------------------------------------

Spanish Super Cup Final 1st Leg

Athletic Bilbao 2-1 Sevilla
Ortega, Robles (og)

I rested several players here for the upcoming Euro Super Cup final and we just scraped it thanks to a late OG. Sevilla never had a shot on goal and only scored when Reverte put through his own net.

--------------------------------------------------

UEFA European Super Cup Final
Athletic Bilbao 5-3 Benfica
Muniain 3, Ortega, Vazquez (pen)

A thrilling final which we were always in control of despite conceding 3 goals. Muniain got a first half hat-trick which set us on our way.

-----------------------------------------------------

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
JOSE ANTONIO ORTEGA

View attachment 288635

TOP 10 LIGA BBVA TRANSFERS
[TABLE="width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD]NAME[/TD]
[TD]FROM[/TD]
[TD]TO[/TD]
[TD]FEE[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Leandro Freitas[/TD]
[TD]Vitoria Guimaraes[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD]£31m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Serge Aurier[/TD]
[TD]Toulouse[/TD]
[TD]Real Madrid[/TD]
[TD]£14.75m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sime Vrsaljko[/TD]
[TD]Chelsea[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD]£12.25m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Oscar De Marcos[/TD]
[TD]Athletic Bilbao[/TD]
[TD]Granada[/TD]
[TD]£11.75m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Zied Taider[/TD]
[TD]Werder Bremen[/TD]
[TD]Valencia[/TD]
[TD]£11m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Oriol Romeu[/TD]
[TD]Sevilla[/TD]
[TD]Valencia[/TD]
[TD]£10m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Granit Xhaka[/TD]
[TD]Juventus[/TD]
[TD]Barcelona[/TD]
[TD]£9.75m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sergi Gomez[/TD]
[TD]Levante[/TD]
[TD]Espanyol[/TD]
[TD]£8.5m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Sergi Roberto[/TD]
[TD]Levante[/TD]
[TD]Mallorca[/TD]
[TD]£7.5m[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Alex Teixeira[/TD]
[TD]Udinese[/TD]
[TD]Mallorca[/TD]
[TD]£6.5m[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

--------------------------------------------------------
images

SPAIN

Friendly

Spain 4-3 Portugal
Busquets, Muniain 2, Pique

What a game! We took an early lead via Busquets but he promptly scored an OG. We then went 3-1 up and were cruising but got pulled back to 3-3 before Pique scored a late winner. Felix Hoz made his international debut here.

Going well, just a quick question, do you have an affinity before FM with Bilbao or was it the game that started it?

Going well, just a quick question, do you have an affinity before FM with Bilbao or was it the game that started it?

It was FM12 that started it really and when they thumped Man Utd in real life last year it made it a lot stronger lol.

I distinctly remember Bilbao knocking Newcastle out of the UEFA Cup in the early 90s so didnt like them then!

I remember playing as them on one of the handheld games a few years ago and it was tough on that, so kudos on doing so well with them on this version (and indeed the last, of which I followed towards the end).

Well done on the world cup. Also people need to learn not all success comes from tactics and figuring out you own is more rewarding (and more effective now) and the days of plug and play guaranteed win due to exploits are gone.

I agree, I have noticed this in the last two editions of FM, I take people's advice from ME and use it to make my tactic suit my team..... All teams vary.

Well done Klippy keep it up! Best football manager ive seen on here! Could i possibly see a SS of Leandro Freitas who has just signed for Barca!

You're seemingly getting quite a bit own goals. I've had a few matches in which I saw a pick up of them. How are them?. One thing I've noticed about mine, except for one, and then there were a few more that were saved by the keeper, and that's the defenders seem to have a like to shoot on their own goal when they tackle an opponent.

Just wanted to say only just discovered this story recently and I found it really interesting to read. :D

Just like FM12 another superb story. Well done Klippybo.

Doing brilliantly Klippy. I also love how de Marcos has to have four replacements.

Well done Klippy keep it up! Best football manager ive seen on here! Could i possibly see a SS of Leandro Freitas who has just signed for Barca!

View attachment 288825

And here is a few selected other regens
View attachment 288826View attachment 288827View attachment 288828View attachment 288829View attachment 288831View attachment 288832View attachment 288833View attachment 288834View attachment 288835View attachment 288836View attachment 288837

AND LOOK WHO I FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View attachment 288839
He is Basque as well................

Back