The rise of Fulham

• Thread starter Thread starter mask0991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 286K
We went into the game as newly crowned Champions. The stadium was absolutely roaring as everyone was awaiting the final ceremony where the trophy will be handed over to our players. The game ended 1-1 with two 20 yard shots from two talented players from either side. We dominated a lot but couldn't find the winner due to our poor finishing (we just had 3 shots on target out of a total of 20). Atleast, our dominance gives us confidence against Southampton in the upcoming FA Cup final.

View attachment 280442And the big moment came. At the end of the game, our players were handed the prestigious Premier League trophy. The fans were delighted and were buzzing around the stadium. The players wee jumping in joy.

The trophy was brought to the center of the stadium where the players were eagerly waiting to get their hands on the trophy. Everyone at the club received a medal and we all wore it with pride.

Eder Alvarez Balanta, our club captain was waiting eagerly to lift the trophy. The noise level in the stadium was increasing with every passing second.

When Balanta received the trophy, he lifted it high letting out a roar. All the players joined him in celebrating. The scenes around the stadium were nothing like I have ever seen before. After a few moments, I rushed onto the podium to lift the trophy myself. It was a very special feeling.

Premier League Champions, Fulham! It sounds so wrong but feels so right!

Congrats mate, very well done. Now onwards to European glory!

Premier League Champions, Fulham! It sounds so wrong but feels so right!

Congrats mate, very well done. Now onwards to European glory!

Thanks mate, but I feel European glory is still atleast 2 seasons away.

I first want to establish Fulham as one of the big teams in England.

Thanks mate, but I feel European glory is still atleast 2 seasons away.

I first want to establish Fulham as one of the big teams in England.

Congrats!! Amazing achievement! I think you already have established them, I can see a Champions League run, if not this season then next one at the latest

Premier League 2017/18: Curtains!

Last day of the Premier League Season. Liverpool, Chelsea and City have big games as they try to get an automatic entry to the group stages of the Champions League. Not sure what to make of this result to be honest. Both teams looked patchy right from the start as neither could keep hold of the ball well. Falcao gave United the lead, which was cancelled by Halilovic just before the half hour mark. Despite playing at Old Trafford, United didn't dominate the game.

United already qualifier for the Euro Cup and had no chances of making it to the top four, and we already are champions. So, neither team had much to play for, and that's exactly how the game went.

THE LEAGUE:
View attachment 280439Pretty interesting standings. Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City all won their fixtures on the last day. But Liverpool's loss to West Ham in their penultimate game saw them slip from 2nd to 4th. Such fine margins.

West Ham make a surprise entry to the Europa League. Their manager won the manager of the year award as well. Arsenal and Man United had a shocking season. Arsenal didn't qualify to Europe but United qualified for the Europa League courtesy of their League Cup win.

On the other end, Sunderland, Swansea and Blackburn got relegated. Swansea have been very poor defensively as they let in 82 goals! Cardiff and Burnley narrowly escape relegation as they have better goal difference than Sunderland. Once again, fine margins!

Only two teams scored more goals than us (Chelsea and Liverpool) and only two conceded fewer than us (Spurs and Man City).

Chelsea would be focusing on what went wrong for them. They started the season brilliantly with 27 points from the first 9 games! In the next 29 games, they only picked up 48.

Their impressive start to the season was halted by us as we dealt them the first defeat of the season. ;)

Last edited:
Congratulations on the win!! Good job. As Lippo said, now for European glory!

FA Cup 2017-18: Final

We face Southampton for the second time in three games. This time, the FA Cup is at stake. We lost in the final to Chelsea last season and everyone at the club was intent on lifting this trophy.Woohoo! Fantastic victory. We started in a dominating fashion and took the lead through Halilovic who cut inside from the right before unleashing a powerful shot.

Major drama happened right after the hour mark. Gary Medel received his second yellow after he made a poorly timed tackle on Woodrow. Medel was sent off which put Southampton at a huge disadvantage. To run salt into their wounds, Woodrow scored one minute later with a header off Lustig's cross. 2-0 up with one man advantage, we looked really comfortable for the rest of the game.

Woodrow added his second in the stoppage time to make it 3-0. With his second goal, Woodrow became the joint top scorer in the FA Cup this season, with six goals.
The final whistle was music to our ears. The stadium erupted and the players were delighted. The staff and the players on the bench rushed onto the field. I ran straight towards the players and hugged each of them and jumped in joy with them. This has been an absolutely brilliant season!
View attachment 280320

Our season just finished. We won the FA Cup and the Premier League and along with the Community Shield, we did a treble, of sorts. There were no big individual awards for us.

Slavisa Jokanovic beat me to the Manager of the Year award. He took West Ham from 16th to 6th in the single season he was in-charge. So, I guess he deserves it.

The most encouraging thing was that my players won the Young Player of the Month award 4 times this season - Roberts (twice), Hyndman and Halilovic.

It was time to say a last few words to the team before they depart for the summer break.

Team Meeting:
"It had been a great season, guys. We won the League and the FA Cup. That is quite an achievement. So, firstly I want to congratulate you," I said. "You lot deserve to celebrate and I hope you all have a great break."

There were murmurs of agreement in the room.

"In particular, I want to wish good luck to every one who'd be representing their countries in the upcoming World Cup."

Here's the list for those interested: Bettinelli and Woodrow (ENGLAND), Stafylidis (GREECE), Vilhena (NETHERLANDS), Finnbogason (ICELAND), Kranevitter and Baselli (ITALY), Kacaniklic and Lustif (SWEDEN), Williams (WALES), Balanta (COLOMBIA) and Fellaini (BELGIUM).

"Next season, we are going to try and qualify for Champions League yet again. What do you think?" I questioned.

"We should be aiming a bit higher, don't you think? We just did the double," said Vilhena. Balanta, Kraveitter agreed.

"I was just being a bit realistic. But if you lot feel we can mount a title challenge, I am fully behind it. We will do it then. But keep in mind that it's not going to be easy. We have to be at our very best. Hope you're all up for it!"

There were a bit of passionate 'Yeah's among the players. Atleast they look happy. The next season's going to be fun!

Meeting with Woodrow:
After the team meeting, Woodrow wanted to have a chat. He wants to move to Liverpool. I wasn't prepared to lose him. He has banged in 30 goals per season regularly for the last four seasons. I tried to convince him to stay and it worked.

A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS!

Unfortunately, I can't start a poll now. So, I'll ask you readers a couple of questions regarding the next transfer window.

Jermaine Jones (DM) will be retiring at the end of this season. Bryan Ruiz (AMC) might be leaving too. There are 3 players in the U21 and U18 squad who have great potential but are rather young (less than 20 yrs). These 3 can fill the two roles. Here's a look at their attributes:All three have great potential. My coaches believe they all have the potential to become first team regulars. McLean is just 15, so he's out of contention from being a first team regular. He needs more experience. So, it's down to Foday Nabay and Murray Norton.

So, here's my question to you:

1. I don't see either of the two (Nabay and Norton) make it to the first team on a regular basis now. I don't want to hamper their progress by being back-up players. Fellaini, on loan from Man Utd did a decent job in the half-season he was with us.
So, should I extend Felli's loan by another season and allow these youngsters to have more first team experience by being out on loan? Or do you think I should give these fellows a chance in the first team?

2. Alen Halilovic. He has been outstanding for us, but he's also on loan (from Barcelona) and the loan is about to expire. Alen is slightly better than Pat Roberts as a right inside forward but I want to give the latter a better chance as he is from the club's academy and I want to breed younsters from the academy.
Barca want in excess of £15M for Alen. Money is no issue - I have over 60 mil available. But I am very much against it. I want to use players from the academy.

What would you do? Bring in Alen to strengthen the right side and rotate with Pat, or stick with Pat? Or should I make another season long loan offer for Alen?

Our season just finished. We won the FA Cup and the Premier League and along with the Community Shield, we did a treble, of sorts. There were no big individual awards for us.

Slavisa Jokanovic beat me to the Manager of the Year award. He took West Ham from 16th to 6th in the single season he was in-charge. So, I guess he deserves it.

The most encouraging thing was that my players won the Young Player of the Month award 4 times this season - Roberts (twice), Hyndman and Halilovic.

It was time to say a last few words to the team before they depart for the summer break.

Team Meeting:
"It had been a great season, guys. We won the League and the FA Cup. That is quite an achievement. So, firstly I want to congratulate you," I said. "You lot deserve to celebrate and I hope you all have a great break."

There were murmurs of agreement in the room.

"In particular, I want to wish good luck to every one who'd be representing their countries in the upcoming World Cup."

Here's the list for those interested: Bettinelli and Woodrow (ENGLAND), Stafylidis (GREECE), Vilhena (NETHERLANDS), Finnbogason (ICELAND), Kranevitter and Baselli (ITALY), Kacaniklic and Lustif (SWEDEN), Williams (WALES), Balanta (COLOMBIA) and Fellaini (BELGIUM).

"Next season, we are going to try and qualify for Champions League yet again. What do you think?" I questioned.

"We should be aiming a bit higher, don't you think? We just did the double," said Vilhena. Balanta, Kraveitter agreed.

"I was just being a bit realistic. But if you lot feel we can mount a title challenge, I am fully behind it. We will do it then. But keep in mind that it's not going to be easy. We have to be at our very best. Hope you're all up for it!"

There were a bit of passionate 'Yeah's among the players. Atleast they look happy. The next season's going to be fun!

Meeting with Woodrow:
After the team meeting, Woodrow wanted to have a chat. He wants to move to Liverpool. I wasn't prepared to lose him. He has banged in 30 goals per season regularly for the last four seasons. I tried to convince him to stay and it worked.
Guess that told him Haha, Good job

Unfortunately, I can't start a poll now. So, I'll ask you readers a couple of questions regarding the next transfer window.

Jermaine Jones (DM) will be retiring at the end of this season. Bryan Ruiz (AMC) might be leaving too. There are 3 players in the U21 and U18 squad who have great potential but are rather young (less than 20 yrs). These 3 can fill the two roles. Here's a look at their attributes:All three have great potential. My coaches believe they all have the potential to become first team regulars. McLean is just 15, so he's out of contention from being a first team regular. He needs more experience. So, it's down to Foday Nabay and Murray Norton.

So, here's my question to you:

1. I don't see either of the two (Nabay and Norton) make it to the first team on a regular basis now. I don't want to hamper their progress by being back-up players. Fellaini, on loan from Man Utd did a decent job in the half-season he was with us.
So, should I extend Felli's loan by another season and allow these youngsters to have more first team experience by being out on loan? Or do you think I should give these fellows a chance in the first team?

2. Alen Halilovic. He has been outstanding for us, but he's also on loan (from Barcelona) and the loan is about to expire. Alen is slightly better than Pat Roberts as a right inside forward but I want to give the latter a better chance as he is from the club's academy and I want to breed younsters from the academy.
Barca want in excess of £15M for Alen. Money is no issue - I have over 60 mil available. But I am very much against it. I want to use players from the academy.

What would you do? Bring in Alen to strengthen the right side and rotate with Pat, or stick with Pat? Or should I make another season long loan offer for Alen?

Are you certain Nabay would develop better playing somewhere else? If so I would send him on loan again as, wherever possible, I want academy produced footballers who can contribute in my first team squad. Otherwise keep him in your squad.

As for the 2nd question - stick with Pat! :)

I'd suggest that Nabay is ready to contribute to your first team, not first choice obviously but as a rotation option for sure, so I'd keep him around.

The other 2 I'm not so sure about. I like the look of McLean but he is only 15, would probably be loaning him out or leaving him in the youth squads & using him in unimportant cup ties etc.

Norton I'd send out on loan so you might want to hit the market for a "gun" CAM.

If you have 60M you should be able to get some real quality!

As for the right, I'm with Yeti. Stick with Pat. He is not only a quality player but a product of your youth system, always good to promote from within. Depending on what else you have you may need a back-up but I'd go with Pat as 1st choice.

For what its worth, that's my advice. :)

Thanks for your inputs!

I'll stick with Patrick Roberts - that was always my plan but Halilovic's potential and recent performances gave me a bit of a choice. It sits well with my original idea to build a team around the player coming through our ranks.

Nabay has been spending the last 3 seasons on loan and he has improved as a player in a big way. He went from being a 'potentially good' player to 'potential to be key member'. And he's been a first team regular in all his loan moves. I can't guarantee that here at the moment unless Baselli, Hyndman or Kranevitter go through a lean patch.

I'll probably loan him out for half a season and extend Fellaini's loan by the same amount. Depending on how the first half of the season goes, I'll make another decision.

Scout meeting...

June 2018: The transfer window opened yesterday. I need some players to strengthen my squad while a few players will be leaving. More importantly, I will be getting a few offers for some of my players and I need to keep them away from those vultures.

All the scouts joined for the meeting. I also asked Mike Rigg (director of football) and my assistant Baresi to join the meeting as well.

Here's a quick summary of our lengthy meeting:

OUT:
  • Alen Halilovic will be leaving at the end of this month.
  • Foday Nabay will be joining Motherwell on loan for 7 months. We'll re-evaluate him once his loan spell finishes.
  • Ross McCormack and Kay Voser will be leaving on free transfer at the end of the month as well.
  • Jermaine Jones wants to go home to Germany, and he'll retire from football in a few days. He's done exceptionally well for us having joined on a free transfer.
IN:
  • Marouane Fellaini might join us for half-a-season loan. If Man United don't accept the offer, so be it.
  • We need to strengthen three areas - right wing, right back and striker. Lustig is the only right back at the moment and I need a back-up for that position.
  • Pat Roberts has been rather injury prone last season. He'll be my first choice but I need a back up.
  • Finnbogason has been a bit off-colour last season. He started brilliantly with a 5 goal performance vs. CSKA Moscow but his performance declined steadily. Woodrow has been superlative but I want a potent striker in his absence or to just share his load.
  • Most of our talented youth are midfielders (Nabay, Norton, McLean). There are no strikers or right backs coming through. So, I need to dip into the transfer market.
I told the scouts to be on the look-out for a striker. I specifically told them to look for someone who is already playing at close to full potential. I don't need a player for the future. Someone who is fast and good at finishing. A true poacher.

I wanted them to look for a right back who is atleast competent playing the left back position. Versatility is always appreciated.

Nice work! I agree with the others, promote from within wherever possible :)

Back