The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

September

View attachment 186867
View attachment 186862
View attachment 186864

A change in formation this month brought massive rewards in the shape of two 6-0 victories in the League! I have decided to go with a 4-2-3-1 formation, as it utilises my best players which has been evident on the scorelines this month. It was a shame no to beat TNS in the League as they managed to scrape in a 91st minute equaliser. Although we managed to thrash them in theWord Cup 4 days later with a "2nd" string lineup, which really got me questioning my so called "1st" Team.

View attachment 186861

Our 6-0 thrashing of Bala brought up my 200th game landmark! It has been a successful 4 years with Carmarthen domestically, which has seen me rake in numerous trophies and accolades. Lest hope for more of the same.

View attachment 186860
View attachment 186859

Unsurprisingly we cleared up the monthly accolades, with new signing Calero topping the pile as he managed to score himself 5 goals in 4 matches from the left wing. It is also pleasing to see the homegrown talent of Matthew Spain getting on the list after rising up through our youth system.

View attachment 186858

Another 4 Premier League matches to look forward to in November as we look to extend our lead at the top of the table.

Euro 2020 Qualifiers

View attachment 186649
View attachment 186647

As expected we easily brushed aside the challenge of Liechtenstein on home soil, as we move closer to qualification. We had a few injuries in the squad including Gareth Bale, so had to rely on 20 year old Tyler Roberts to lead the line. He put in a solid performance bagging himself a brace, before fellow 20 year old striker Liam Cullen came on off the bench to score his first international goal. A pleasing performance from the youngsters, who are the future for Wales.

View attachment 186646

England have secured there place in Euro 2020, whilst Iceland remain hot on our heels. A result in Iceland will surely secure us qualification.

View attachment 186645
View attachment 186644

I don't pay a huge amount of notice to the World rankings, as again we find ourselves dropping down he list despite some decent results.

October

View attachment 186623
View attachment 186622

October brought a 100% win record and opened up a 4 point gap at the top of the table over TNS. We are looking pretty unstoppable right now in Wales and am certainly eyeing up another treble winning year.

View attachment 186621

Again i have managed to win manager of the month, which isn't really a surprise after 4 wins out of 4.

View attachment 186620

November is geared up to be a busy month with 7 matches in total. I will likely field a 2nd string team for the cup games to give the whole squad a run out, hopefully they don't disappoint.

It is a great story so far and I am still watching it with great interest! I 've learned a lot for Welsh Footbal and I am glad to see you doing so good!

Delighted you've stuck with it mate. Good luck for the season, hope there's more trophies to come.

It is a great story so far and I am still watching it with great interest! I 've learned a lot for Welsh Footbal and I am glad to see you doing so good!

Thanks man - I have learnt a lot about Welsh Football as well throughout this save. If only i could manage Carmarthen in real life and have the same success :p.

Delighted you've stuck with it mate. Good luck for the season, hope there's more trophies to come.

Thanks - Yeah i was really close to taking a break after our early exit from the Champions League, but am glad i decided to stick with it. This team feels as though it must have the quality to get past the 2nd qualifying round this time!

Now you can scout in Europe its worth signing as many of the free agents you'll get offered. Even if they don't become regulars in the team it will boost your reputation even futher,and they ask for peanuts if they weren't massive players at their former clubs

Euro 2020 Qualifying

View attachment 186519

This has to go down as possibly the worst results of my managerial career, as we are well and truly thrashed in Reykjavik. We really struggled to get going and found ourselves trailing 3-0 inside 50 minutes. The ever reliant Ramsey, Bale combo got us back into the game, but Iceland quickly shattered our slim glimmer of hope winning by a comfortable 3 goal margin. It was a bad day at the office and illustrates just how much work we still have to do, before we can be considered "big" opposition.

We will now have to pray that England can bail us out of trouble and beat Iceland in the final qualifier to ensure we automatically progress.

View attachment 186518

Despite the headline, the game was far from comfortable and would of liked a more convincing display against weaker opposition. We still managed to get the result we needed and now have to hope England did us a favour in Reykjavik!

View attachment 186516
View attachment 186517
View attachment 186515

England managed to comfortably brush aside Iceland in the final game, winning the game 3-0 meaning we have automatically qualified for Euro 2020! The match against Iceland has thrown up a few concerns prior to the tournament and will set about making some tactical adjustments to address our defensive frailties.

Bring on the summer and Euro 2020! I cant wait!

Now you can scout in Europe its worth signing as many of the free agents you'll get offered. Even if they don't become regulars in the team it will boost your reputation even futher,and they ask for peanuts if they weren't massive players at their former clubs

Yeah i have noticed a lot of decent talent being offered to us from Europe, but am unfortunately right at the limit of my wage bill. i am therefore going to have to work with what I have for now and try pick some players up in the summer when my backup players contracts expire.

Great job with Wales my friend ! You have a good team and with a good draw you can reach at least the knock out face !!

Great job with Wales my friend ! You have a good team and with a good draw you can reach at least the knock out face !!

Thanks mate - Yeah fingers crossed.

Will do a run down of the Welsh Squad that i am taking to Euro 2020 nearer the time :)

Glad things have started improving for you at club level man, hope you have a successful euro 2020! still waiting for Coleman to quit on mine. I like the look of that Cavlero aswell!

Glad things have started improving for you at club level man, hope you have a successful euro 2020! still waiting for Coleman to quit on mine. I like the look of that Cavlero aswell!

Thanks mate! Really? Coleman resigned after an unsuccessful Euro 2016 tournament on mine and then another manager was sacked after doing poorly in the World Cup 2018 qualifiers, then i managed to get in :)

November

View attachment 186372
View attachment 186368
View attachment 186371
View attachment 186367

Despite the congested fixture list through November, it turned out to be a pleasant month for us. It got off to a blistering start with a record 8-0 thrashing over local rivals, Haverfordwest. We were helped by an early red card which just enabled us to inflict more misery upon them. The only disappointing result was the 2-2 draw with Rhyl, as we were 2-0 up and allowed them to get back into it. Despite this slight hiccup, we remain unbeaten this season and move 6 points clear of TNS in the table.

View attachment 186365
View attachment 186364

Youth product, Matthew Spain continued his fine form this month as he was again awarded 2n best player of the Month, whilst i continued to lead the way in Manager of the Month.

View attachment 186363

We have reached the final of theWord Cup for a 4th consecutive year and will be confident of retaining our tittle against Bala Town at the end of January.

View attachment 186366

Cameron Burgess becomes our first player to be called up to senior international duty! He didn't manage to win himself a cap in the end, but i was delighted at the recognition.

View attachment 186370
View attachment 186369

The bad news this month was that we lost 2 of our best players to short term injuries, not that you would of noticed by the results! Collins is already back playing and Edwards is a couple of weeks off training again.

View attachment 186362

A home fixture against TNS gives us the opportunity to further extend our lead over TNS and possibly move 9 points clear. A lead of that magnitude would almost impossible to lose...

December

View attachment 186174
View attachment 186173

A comfortable 2-0 victory over TNS ensures that we end 2019 10 points clear at the top! It was frustrating not to beat bottom of the table, Aberystwyth at home but at least the unbeaten run goes on into 2020.

View attachment 186172
View attachment 186170

Another manager of the Month award to add to the pile, whilst Rhoys Wiggins sets a new record for assists, with 13 games still remaining + cup games. Quite the achievement!

View attachment 186171

TheWord Cup final is the big match to look forward to in January as we look to win it for a 4th consecutive time. This has been a competition for our "2nd" string team and will likely entrust them to get the job done in the final!

Welsh Awards

View attachment 185935

The Welsh best XI has been announced and looks pretty accurate. Hopefully all these players will be available for selection come the start of Euro 2020.

View attachment 185934
View attachment 185933

Aaron Ramsey is again awarded Welsh Player of the Year, but 2nd and 3rd are surprising selections. There is no room for Gareth Bale and 2nd and 3rd are made up of players in the Welsh Premier League, including our very own Rhoys Wiggins who has 25 assists in 38 apps!

View attachment 185932
View attachment 185930
View attachment 185928

Matthew Spain has been on fire so far this season and is rightly awarded Welsh Young Player of the Year! Although he may never reach the standard for international football, he is making the Welsh Premier League appear easy. Our other young winger, Alan Goodridge is awarded 2nd place.