The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

theWord Cup Final

View attachment 185900

We managed to win theWord Cup for a 4th consecutive time, despite fielding a weakened team. It wasn't our most convincing performance and had to bring a few bigger names on in the 2nd half to ensure we saw the game out. Peter Smith, picked up the Man of the Match Award on his 1st start of the season. He is still on an amateur contract, so isn't actually on a salary, but proves he is a very useful addition to have as a backup left winger.

View attachment 185899
View attachment 185898
View attachment 185897
View attachment 185896

So we have now become the most decorated team in theWord Cup history after winning the trophy for a 7th time! It may be a pretty worthless competition with little to gain from winning it, but has been a useful tournament to give reserve players a run out and give them a chance to prove themselves.

January

View attachment 185717
View attachment 185716

Our undefeated season comes to an end at the hands of Port Talbot. Burgess gave away a penalty midway through the 1st half, getting sent off in the process which contributed to us going into half time 3-0 down! Obviously i went f****** mental at them and we managed to rally together and pull 2 goals back, but it was a far from pleasing performance. TNS have therefore closed the gap to 7 points on us.

View attachment 185713
View attachment 185712

I had to settle for 2nd in Manager of the Month following our first defeat, whilst Wiggins set a new record for Welsh Premier League assists in a season - 17 to date.

View attachment 185715
View attachment 185714

I decided to make just the 1 signing in January and bring in Jonathan Wallace. He is a 16 year old Northern Ireland AMC, with loads of potential. I need to have a minimum of two U19 players in my match day squad and Wallace will certainly be one of those players for the next couple of seasons.

View attachment 185711

We 4 straight home games this month and will look to get back to winning ways as quickly as possible.

February

View attachment 185368
View attachment 185367

We bounced back from our shock League defeat to Port Talbot, with a 6-0 thumping of Bala. this result was backed up by a League, JD Welsh Cup double over TNS, which included a 5-1 demolishing in front of our home fans. With only 5 Premier League matches left to go, we need just 3 wins to ensure that we retain the title!

View attachment 185366
View attachment 185365

We managed clean sweep in the monthly awards with Matthew Spain leading the way. Its been a good month for the Carmarthen squad.

View attachment 185364

Our Welsh Captain, Ashley Williams has announced his retirement from football at the end of the season. Although his attributes have declined in recent years he is still one of Wales best central defenders and am delighted he will still be available for Euro 2020.

View attachment 185363

March is set to be a very quite month and should results go our way we could have the Welsh Premier League Title by the end of the month.

Last edited:
Spain looks like a great player for you. Can you share his stats and attributes at the end of the season?

Love the story, one of the best on here.

Has there been a difference in the players this season now your a professional club? Have stats improved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spain looks like a great player for you. Can you share his stats and attributes at the end of the season?

Yeah he has been unstoppable this season from the right wing! Although i don't think he will ever get to the level of international football, but we shall see.

Yeah will make sure to post his stats and attributes at the end of the season.

Love the story, one of the best on here.

Has there been a difference in the players this season now your a professional club? Have stats improved?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate - Glad you're enjoying it!

Well i have been able to bring in more, better quality staff and the fact that they are training full time has helped with development, although the facilities are still pretty terrible.

I am able to attract better quality players now that we are professional, so will probably release quite a few in the summer and bring in some better quality players.

View attachment 185165

International Friendly

View attachment 185164

Our first match since qualifying was a tough friendly away to Italy, who are currently ranked 6th in the world. We are really struggling in the CB position right now and have very few decent options out there. I decided to bring in 21 year old, Regan Poole, for his first international cap, not to throw him in at the deep end or anything. He looks to be the future for us on the international front and will likely be joining us for the Euro 2020 campaign.

Unsurprisingly Italy dominated the game, but had to rely on a stoppage time equaliser. Although we struggled for possession, we used the ball well when we had it and caused there defence a lot of problems. It was disappointing not to hold on to the win against 10 men, and that will be unacceptable in a competitive match. However, if somebody had offered me a draw before kick off i would of taken it.

View attachment 185163
View attachment 185162

View attachment 185116

March

View attachment 185114
View attachment 185113
View attachment 185112

TNS lost against Haverfordwest, resulting in us being crowned champions with 3 games to spare. We will therefore be entering the Champions League in the 2nd qualifying stage for the first time, thanks to our boost in coefficient. We are also on course to complete the domestic treble for consecutive years. It's starting to get a little too easy now in Wales and am just hoping we can make the group stages in Europe this year to give us some proper competition.

View attachment 185108
View attachment 185107

Aaron Collins picks up the player of the Month Award, followed by Calero in 3rd. With the number of goals we are scoring it is hard for our players not to get on the monthly awards list. I was also awarded manager of the Month for the umpteenth time this season.

View attachment 185111
View attachment 185110

I have officially become the most successful manager to manage in Wales, following my 3rd Welsh Premier League title. It only took 5 seasons to reach the top of the list, but is a massive honour and will be looking to set an unbeatable record.

View attachment 185106

Just thought I would point out that we currently have 4 youth internationals, including 2 in the Wales set up; Spain and Jefferies. Hopefully have some internationals in the future.

View attachment 185105

My focus is now turned to the JD Welsh Cup and will be looking to win the treble. As the League is now won, I am thinking of playing some of the youth players to give them a bit of extra game time to boost there development.

Too bad FM doesn't have a feature by which you could apply to join the English league structure like Swansea. Would bring back the challenge but put your European ambitions on hold if you were to jump to like League 2.

View attachment 184919

View attachment 1015278

Group Draws

View attachment 184918

I'm not quite sure how i feel about the group at the moment. Norway will have the wonderkids of Martin Ødegaard and Kristoffer Ajer in full flow and could cause us a problem. Holland always have decent players coming through and will likely be the favourites to top the group. Finland are currently ranked higher than us but am confident we can beat them.

It could be a very interesting group, but our good performances against the likes of England, Argentina and Italy will give us confidence that we can compete in this group and potentially progress to the knockout stages.

View attachment 184917
View attachment 184916

Group C looks like it could be the group of death with Italy, Belgium and Austria all currently sitting inside the World top 15 Nations. Although Group B also looks to be a tough draw.

Too bad FM doesn't have a feature by which you could apply to join the English league structure like Swansea. Would bring back the challenge but put your European ambitions on hold if you were to jump to like League 2.

Yeah it would be really good if that could happen, as I am really starting to dominate the Welsh League. Even TNS are struggling to put up a fight at the moment.

Congrats on the double, Surely the Treble is on the cards? Be nice too see you get into the group stages too mate!

View attachment 184840

Season Finale

View attachment 184845
View attachment 184844
View attachment 184842

We managed to end the season with 3 more wins, which meant that we finished the season 14 points clear of TNS in 2nd! The League is getting far too easy now, losing just 1 match all season and ending with a goal difference of 74! I imagine we will be even more dominant next season, with the addition of higher quality players.

View attachment 184838

TNS have decided to sack Earnshaw as manager following a second season without any silverware.I believe we are a much better side now than TNS (even if the rankings don't show it) and will be hard for any manager to meet the levels required by the board.

View attachment 184841

Our JD Welsh Final is against Rhyl, a side in the who narrowly avoided relegation and surely the treble is bag for a second consecutive year...

Congrats on the double, Surely the Treble is on the cards? Be nice too see you get into the group stages too mate!

Thanks man - I would be extremely disappointed if we don't go on to win the treble now, but stranger things have happen in football...

Nice job with a dominant double hopefully you can make it a treble with the cup