The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

• Thread starter Thread starter Nomadic
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 459
  • Views Views 193K
Great news about the European coefficients - hopefully this will mean you can make to the group stage proper! Are you likely to request going professional again?

Great news about the European coefficients - hopefully this will mean you can make to the group stage proper! Are you likely to request going professional again?

Yeah is a step in the right direction for Wales! I do keep asking to turn professional and is currently in the planning stage so fingers crossed will be Pro in a couple of weeks of simming!

Well done on winning the league! Great news on Co-efficient too, Nice to see some hard work paying off!

Champions League Qualifying 1st Round Draw

View attachment 187474

Our new coefficient ranking doesn't kick in until next season, so have been drawn against Gibraltar Champions FC Britannia XI. A European match where we are the favourites! Makes a pleasant change.

Champions League Qualifying 1st Round

View attachment 187398
View attachment 187397

Well that turned out to be a little easier than expected! A 10-0 aggregate drumming, sends us storming into the 2nd qualifying round. I was always confident of winning, but wasn't expecting it to be quite that easy. The main core of the team has remained the same as last season and have started to bring in a few new faces to bolster our starting line up.

View attachment 187396
View attachment 187395

Well that is just great! We have been drawn against Swiss Giants, Basel. Our chances of reaching the group stages is suddenly looking a lot slimmer....

Champions League Qualifying 2nd Round

View attachment 187382
View attachment 187381
View attachment 187378

As expected we failed to progress to the 3rd qualifying round, despite a heroic 3 goal comeback in the 2nd leg. We had to withstand huge amounts of pressure throughout both matches but managed to cause problems when we did go forward. Only losing 6-4 on aggregate to Basel is still a big achievement but am starting to get downhearted by our lack of progress in Europe. This is the 4th consecutive year we have been knocked out in the 2nd qualifying round!!

View attachment 187380
View attachment 187379
View attachment 187377

The silver lining on the defeat was the injection of cash that came with it. Would have preferred little more but it will have to do.

Unlucky on the CL result, probably one of the toughest sides you could have been drawn against! The money will go a long way though in terms of success domestically and in Europe!

Unlucky on the CL result, probably one of the toughest sides you could have been drawn against! The money will go a long way though in terms of success domestically and in Europe!

Yeah it was a really tough draw - but am starting to lose a bit of interest in the save now after failure to get past the 2nd qualifying round for the 4th consecutive time! Am considering taking a break and starting a new save as haven't really played any fm outside of Wales haha.

Unlucky on the CL that is one **** of a tough draw don't take a break mate keep at it you'll get there!

Yeah it was a really tough draw - but am starting to lose a bit of interest in the save now after failure to get past the 2nd qualifying round for the 4th consecutive time! Am considering taking a break and starting a new save as haven't really played any fm outside of Wales haha.

I'd stick with it as the time you're putting into it will pay off shortly. The money will give you a boost domestically and then once you turn professional you should be able to get further than the Second Qualifying Round!

Unlucky on the CL that is one **** of a tough draw don't take a break mate keep at it you'll get there!

I'd stick with it as the time you're putting into it will pay off shortly. The money will give you a boost domestically and then once you turn professional you should be able to get further than the Second Qualifying Round!

Yeah I do want to stick with it but have lost some motivation after making no progress in Europe year after year and is a long wait to give it another shot!

Up to you mate - everyone gets to that point in saves where you aren't enjoying it as much any more. Selfishly though I'm really liking the story though and would love to see you stick at it until you see success in Europe :)

Cheers for the support guys - I have decided to carry on for the time being as am keen to see how i get on in Euro 2020 with Wales (assuming i qualify).

Although i am keen to start a Leicester save at some point (support them) as I am yet to try them out on this FM, but will wait until after the January update.

Season Preview 2019/20
(Season 5)

View attachment 187070

Our season objectives are pretty much identical as last year, although like myself wanted me to reach at least the 3rd qualifying round of the Champions League. Unfortunately that is behind us and we will have to focus on winning the League and returning to the Champions League qualifying.

The bookies have tipped us as favourites this season, ahead of TNS! After the success of last season we will be confident of retaining the title this year.

View attachment 187069

I have managed to keep hold of our treble winning starting lineup from last season (except for Morison) and have managed to bolster it even further in preparation for the start of the season.

View attachment 187068

4 Key Players

View attachment 187067

Ivan Calero - Becomesmy first ever signing from outside of the UK and joins us after being released by Derby. He is a Spanish left winger with bags of ability for this level of football and am positive he will cause havoc down the left flank.

View attachment 187066

Craig Morgan - An experienced CB with 24 caps for Wales, should provide us with a cool head at the back. At the age of 34 he is getting to the backend of his career and is not likely stay on beyond his current contract to the end of the season.

View attachment 187065

Lloyd James - A useful addition in central midfield. He has good distribution skills and will be hoping he can play come killer balls through the opposition defence and create plenty of scoring opportunities for the front players this season.

View attachment 187064

Cameron Burgess - A late addition to the squad, having signed him just before the opening match. He is a young Aussie CB and looks set to be our most capable CB, when match fit. His strength and jumping reach will be a massive asset at set pieces and am sure he will bag a few goals this season, as well as preventing them.

Oh and if you are wondering how i managed to sign these quality players, this might have something to do with it....

View attachment 187063

View attachment 187060
View attachment 187059

I was subsequently awarded a new 2 year contract and our scouting range bolstered. Finally some major progress at Carmarthen Town.

Congrats on going professional mate!!

Cheers mate - Only took 4 years! Hopefully we can really push on this season and prepare for Europe next season.

Well done on going pro! You stand a much better chance of getting further in Europe now. Keep it up!

Although I think you should spend your money on more important things than the club shop ;)

Welsh Club Carmarthen Town Have The Coolest Club Shop In World Football | The SPORT Bible

Thanks! Yeah next season i really have to make the 3rd qualifying round as a minimum i feel.

Haha I saw this earlier and was going to include it at some point but you beat me to it :P. It is also used as one of our main stands...."If you sit on the patio bit out the front, you can actually get a view of the pitch," says Harte. "Some fans do watch games from there."

View attachment 187025

August

View attachment 186986
View attachment 186985

Just the 2 games in August to kick off the new season. It was a little disappointing not to beat Llandudno and get off to a perfect start but is early days and the team is still gelling. A few new signings are still getting up to match fitness, so will be looking to step it up through September to keep pace with TNS's impressive start.

View attachment 186977

2nd in Manager of the Month makes sense after finishing the month in 2nd place.

View attachment 186976

The board agreed to further increase the junior coaching budget, which is good news.

View attachment 186975

TNS away is the big fixture to look forward in September as we will both be looking to get one over on each other in the race to the title.

Looks like things are really trending up off the pitch mate - well done!

International Friendly/Euro 2020 Qualifiers

View attachment 186907
View attachment 186905

We managed to put in a really good performance against a weakened Uruguay team. The result never really looked in doubt despite conceding a quick equaliser in the 3rd minute. Joe Allen also managed to score his first international goal at the 52nd attempt with practically the last kick of the game.

View attachment 186906
View attachment 186904

A devastating loss against England at Wembley! We were 2-0 inside 13 minutes but failed to cope with the heavy pressure they exerted on our defence. England probably were the better team in all honesty, but we cant afford to throw a 2 goal lead away. We created some decent chances with limited possession, but am overall pretty pleased with the performance.

View attachment 186903

England have now practically claimed the group, which leaves us battling Iceland for 2nd. As long as we come away with a point in our match against them then we will be heading to Euro 2020.

View attachment 186902
View attachment 186901

We remain 28th in the World Rankings and are going to need some success at Euro 2020 to really move up the list.

Back