The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

Would be great if you did mate, just read this whole thread through on a night shift. Makes me want to get home and start a game with the town.
Reckon you might get back into it?

Would be great if you did mate, just read this whole thread through on a night shift. Makes me want to get home and start a game with the town.
Reckon you might get back into it?

Thanks mate, really glad to hear you enjoyed it!

As there seems to be some renewed interest in the story I probably will look to carry it on yeah :)

Thanks mate, i'm gonna have a go myself. I was looking through the WPL, I thought it's easier with TNS cos they're already pro, Carmarthen are terrible to start with. Are you on Steam?

Yeah it took quite along time to turn pro, would definitely be easier with TNS (but still a massive challenge).

Steam name is: Zacram1

Good Luck to you if you start a save!

if you have the desire/time you should definitely get this going again. massive fan of the small club, big story saves. currently in my 4th season with fc viitorul in Romania - not quite as mammoth as this though!

if you have the desire/time you should definitely get this going again. massive fan of the small club, big story saves. currently in my 4th season with fc viitorul in Romania - not quite as mammoth as this though!

Thanks man - I have a load of assignments due in over the next couple of weeks but will think i will try revive it when i get an opportunity!

That still sounds like a big challenge to me, so will be interesting to see how you get on! Good Luck.

View attachment 153386

January, February, March

View attachment 153385
View attachment 153384

I again used instant result for the majority of the matches, as i am just trying to make it through to the end of the season as quickly as possible. As you can see we managed to win every single game, except for the last game against TNS which we drew. There really is no competition in the league, so am just looking forward to the start of our next European campaign.

Once again we have retained theWord Cup and Welsh Premier League, which isn't very surprising.

View attachment 153382
View attachment 153383

View attachment 153381

View attachment 153380

A friendly against Japan was our last international friendly before I will have to choose the World Cup squad. I decided to try out a new formation, which has been successful in a different save but it didn't seem to quite have the same effect with the Welsh squad. It was a pretty dull game on the whole, we had a goal disallowed before Bale put us in front and they scored a direct freekick to draw the game.

Hopefully we can perform better in the pre World Cup friendlies!

View attachment 153379

View attachment 153175

End of Season

View attachment 153173
View attachment 153174

So we managed to complete another treble winning season, racking up a goal difference of 102 in the process! It was actually quite disappointing not to win every single game, but i was just instant resulting most in my defence.

View attachment 153172

We managed to get to the group stages of the Champions League last season and will be hoping that we can at least replicate this feat next season, with the possibility of getting into the Europa League knockout stages! We also managed to record a massive 12-0 win over Ton Pentre this season!

View attachment 153170

The clubs finances continue to improve, after our European successes and the Youth facilities have been granted an upgrade. This is just another sign of the improvements being made of the club.

View attachment 153169
View attachment 153167

View attachment 153166
View attachment 153171

Christiansen managed to break the clubs goalscoring record in his debut season, whilst also picking up the Welsh Premier League Player of the Year

View attachment 153165
View attachment 153168

Diouf breaks the average rating record in his debut season as well, whilst going on to win Young Player of the year.

View attachment 153164
View attachment 153162

Another Manger of the Year award for myself, which also saw me receive a job offer from Blackburn Rovers. They have just been relegated from the Premier League, but is by far the most reputable club to offer me a job so far. How long until the top leagues come asking?

View attachment 153163

Despite dominating the league, only 4 of our players made Team of the Year, including the player of the year Christiansen! I did rotate a lot but still expected more players to have made the team.

Next to come the World Cup 2022...

View attachment 153155

World Cup 2022 Buildup

View attachment 153158

Here is the squad i have i selected to take with me to the World Cup 2022, in China. Fortunately there were no injuries to contend with and i was able to pick what i believed to be our strongest squad going into the tournament. The centreback position is still a big area of weakness and am desperately hoping for some new talent to come through before the next tournament.

View attachment 153156

The bookies have given us 100-1 odds on winning the tournament, which gives us a great chance after Leicester's 5000-1 triumph. I will be looking to make it out of the group stages at the very least and then see how we fair in the knockout stages.

View attachment 153157

Our first warm up match was an away fixture against Chile, which saw me field a rather rotated squad from my normal starting XI. The game was pretty dull in all honesty with very few clear cut chances at either end, until Cullen came off the bench to steal a late win in stoppage time.

This secured a fantastic win against a strong Chilean side who are currently ranked 15th in the World.

View attachment 153154

The result also saw us set a new National unbeaten record of 12 games.

View attachment 153153

View attachment 153152

Our final pre-tournament game was against a Colombian side ranked 3rd in the World. As we had 9 days off after the game, I fielded what is likely to be our starting XI for the tournament and was delighted with the results it showed. Despite Colombia taking an early lead, we managed to bounce back in the second half and really dominate proceedings before winning the game 2-1.

Confidence should be high going into the tournament on the back of these results!

View attachment 153151

The games are pretty well spread out, with 5 days rest in between fixtures. We will be targeting wins over both South Korea and Peru, whilst a draw against Portugal would suffice. A top 2 finish really does seem possible in this group and will be looking to push for the top spot.

View attachment 153150

Current Group Rankings:

Portugal - 6th
Wales - 14th
South Korea - 20th
Peru - 38th

World Cup 2022 - Game 1

View attachment 153077
View attachment 153076

No injuries meant that i was able to field a full strength starting lineup for the opening group game against Portugal. This is undoubtably our toughest game in the group stages and will be hoping to hang on for a draw and possibly sneak the win if possible.

26th​ minute – Bernardo picks up the ball on the edge of the area and slips a ball in between Henley and Wiliams, into the path of Guedes. He manages to get on target which Darlow saves, but the rebound goes straight back to the striker who taps the ball into the back of the net. 1-0

38th​ minute – Guedes gets the run on Henley again and is found by Pedro, putting him clear through on goal, but Henley manages to gets back at him to put the pressure on as he puts his shot inches wide of the post.

43rd​ minute – Henley makes a brilliant slide tackle on Bernardo on the edge of the area, but the ball runs out to Ruben Neves who hits the ball first time sending it soaring past Darlow into the top right hand corner. 2-0

46th​ minute – A formation change at the break sees Wales attack straight from the kickoff, as Davies beats Semendo on the left before sending a whipped cross across the face of goal, as the ball makes its way straight through to Wilson at the back post for a tap in. 2-1

48th​ minute – Bale eyes up a direct freekick from well outside the penalty area, before smashing the ball into the top right corner of the goal, past the diving Lopes. 2-2

77th​ minute – Samendo floats a cross in from the byline, which is flicked on by Andrea Silva to Bernardo who is unmarked and drills the ball past Darlow. 3-2

78th​ minute – Bernardo fires a long ball forward, over the defensive line for Andrea Silva who has the pace to get away from Poole and beats Darlow one-on-one. 4-2

Unfortunately things didn't really go to plan and we were completely dominated by Portugal throughout the entire game. We had a decent spell at the start of the second half, when we managed to get back on equal terms but ended up conceding 2 goals in 2 minutes towards the end of the game. The result was a fair one in truth as Portugal fully deserved the win, I just hope we can respond from this result in the next game against South Korea, which is now a must win game really.

View attachment 153075
View attachment 153074

Not the best start to a world cup but, hopefully you can bounce back against Peru and South Korea

So happy that you brought this back mate, this is one of the best stories on here

Last edited:
Not the best start to a world cup but, hopefully you can bounce back against Peru and South Korea

Yeah i was hoping to at least grab a draw, but we definitely have the ability to beat both South Korea and Peru *Touches wood*

So happy that you brought this back mate, this is one of the best stories on here

Thanks mate - Glad you like it :D. I need to try see the challenge through to the end haha

View attachment 152923
View attachment 152922

I decided to make a total of 5 changes for the must win game against South Korea, as I look to try manage fatigue going into the final game. Our star players in Ramsey and Bale remain in the side and will be looking for them to put us ahead early on so I can bring them off nice and early.

20th​ minute – Ramsey makes a driving run into the area, but has his shot on goal blocked by Park Su-Hwan, fortunately the ball ricochets right into Bale’s path and he finds the back of the net. 1-0

61st​ minute – Some neat interchange down the left wing, gets John in acres of space and has time to get his head up and whip in a perfect low cross to Bale, who smashes the ball into he roof of the net from close range. 2-0

90 + 2 minute – Williams roles a perfectly weighted through ball into the path of White, who’s shot is saved before managing to scramble the rebound over the line. 3-0.

We managed to achieve exactly what we set out to do, winning the game comfortably and allowing both Bale and Ramsey to have a rest (despite Bale being on a hattrick). The game was actually quite close, but we managed to take our chances when they came about .

Peru somehow managed a draw against Portugal, which means that we need to beat them in the final game to progress.

View attachment 152921
View attachment 152920

View attachment 152879
View attachment 152878

We head into our final group game, knowing that we need a win to qualify for the knockout stages (unless Portugal get hammered by Korea). This was supposedly meant to be our easiest game of the group stages but following some good results against both Korea and Portugal, we know it wont be easy. I have also decided to rest a few key players such as Bale, who was looking rather fatigued, but am confident in the squad as a whole.

4th​ minute – Reyna beats Gunter down the left flank before driving into the area and chipping the ball in to Adriazola who beats Dummett in the air and puts the ball past Darlow. 0-1

14th​ minute – Roberts finds the run of Wilson, cutting in off the right wing and he manages to slide the ball under Vasquez from inside the area. 1-1

21st​ minute – White pulls the ball back for Roberts, who’s shot is blocked in front of goal but the ball diverts across the face of goal for Wilson to tap in at the far post. 2-1

23rd​ minute – Davies floats a freekick in towards the penalty spot from the right flank and finds the run of Roberts, who is unmarked to head the ball past Vasquez. 3-1

28th​ minute – White draws in around 4 defenders, before slipping a pass in to his strike partner, Roberts who coolly bends the ball past the keeper one-on-one. 4-1

38th​ minute – Davies picks out White at the backpost who is in acres of space and even has time to bring the ball down before firing his shot past Vasquez at his near post. 5-1

74th​ minute – Williams beats Advincula on the edge of the area, before surging in and delivering a whipped cross, across the face of goal for Bale to smash home at the back post. 6-1

What a comeback! Despite conceding a very early goal we responded emphatically, putting 6 past the tricky Peruvians. This proves the depth in the squad and also the teams temperament to deal with what was effectively a knockout game. Hopefully our form can continue into the knockout stages!

View attachment 152877
View attachment 152871

View attachment 152870
View attachment 152869
View attachment 152867

Portugal beat Korea, so we had to finish for second place in the group and have been drawn against our local rivals, England! We have recorded good results against the top teams before, so have a real chance if we get it right on the day!

Elsewhere, Jamaica have shocked the world by finishing top (of a relatively easy group) above Croatia and elsewhere Germany and Colombia have failed to progress out of the group stages.

View attachment 152868

Just read it all on my day off, amazing story this. I have a similar career with santa coloma in Andorra, but just can't convince the board to turn pro

Just read it all on my day off, amazing story this. I have a similar career with santa coloma in Andorra, but just can't convince the board to turn pro

Thanks mate!

Managing in Andorra sounds like a much more difficult challenge than this one! Good luck with it! Hopefully they will turn you pro soon enough.

View attachment 152507
View attachment 152506

We have a full strength side to pick from as we come up against our local rivals, England in the 2nd round of the World Cup. The odds our against us and have lost and drawn against England in my only 2 previous encounters against them. It is going to take a very special performance to book our place in the Quarter-Finals.

29th​ minute – Clyne floats a cross in from the right wing, which so nearly catches Darlow out as it rattle off the crossbar and out for a goalkick.

37th​ minute – Bale plays a ball in over the top of the defence, putting White through one-on-one with the keeper. Unfortunately he lacks the composure and fails to put the ball beyond Pickford.

38th​ minute – Davies floats the resulting corner in to the middle, before being cleared to Huws on the edge of the area who takes a shot, which is going well wide, before it diverts into the net of Henderson for an own goal. 1-0

50th​ minute – We manage to spring a counter attack from deep within our own half, before the ball eventually makes its way to Williams on the left wing, who drives into the area, before sitting the ball up for White to head home from a couple of yards out. 2-0

51st​ minute – Darlow pulls off a terrific save to deny Oxlaide-Chamberlain from point blank, but the rebound falls to Sterling who places it into the empty net. 2-1

69th​ minute – Wilson floats a cross in towards White at the backpost from the edge of the area, but Dier manages to reach it first but can only divert the ball past his own keeper, another own goal. 3-1

80th​ minute – Henderson heads the ball towards goal from top of the area and is flicked into the back of the goal by Redmond from less than a yard out, but the assistants flag is up, offside.

With a lot of good fortune, we have managed to secure our place in the World Cup Quarter-Finals! England really dominated the game but with the help of two own goals, we finally managed to beat them! To our credit we did look good when we were going forward, but had to spend the majority of the time on the back foot and were lucky to only concede the one. Either way I am not complaining!

View attachment 152505

Mexico managed to beat Spain on penalties, resulting in a slightly easier quarter-final draw for us. They are still ranked higher than us and is not going to be an easy game by any means but should in theory be easier than England and we managed to win that one!

View attachment 152504
View attachment 152503

View attachment 152489

A relatively unchanged starting lineup for the game against Mexico, with just 3 changes to it as Poole, Henley and Allen return. On paper Mexico don't look as hard as England but we are still underdogs and is going to take a very good performance to see us into the semi-finals.

24th​ minute – Williams floats a ball to the far post towards Wilson, who has cut in off his wing and manages to get his foot to the ball before Moreno to open the scoring. 1-0

39th​ minute – Marquez fires in a deep cross from the right hand side, which eludes Gunter, allowing Lozano to apply a simple tap in. 1-1

53rd​ minute – Gunter picks out Ramsey at the top of the area with a corner, who then roles the ball on to Bale who fires a shot on goal through a screen of players before making its way past Rafael and into the back of the net. That brings up Bale’s 50th​ international goal. 2-1

85th​ minute – Herrera plays a long ball over the top of our defence, catching Poole completely off guard and allowing Palacious through one-on-one with Darlow, but he skies the shot.

Wow! We have done it again and booked our place in the World Cup Semi-Finals! This time it was much more deserving in a very even encounter. The stats were pretty much split 50/50 in all aspects, except for the all important scoreline which we managed to sneak through Gareth Bale's 50th Welsh goal.

View attachment 152487

We have been drawn against Switzerland in an all European Semi-Final draw as Portugal play Italy in the other game. This is undoubtably the best draw we could of hoped for as on paper Switzerland are weaker than Mexico. However, they must be playing very good football to get this far and it isn't going to be straightforward.

View attachment 152486
View attachment 152485

Unfortunately our young Welsh striker Sam White will miss the remainder of the tournament through injury. He has had a brilliant debut tournament and will undoubtably be featuring many more times over the coming years.

View attachment 152484