The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

View attachment 1027031

Champions League Qualifying Round 3

View attachment 174103
View attachment 174102
View attachment 174101

A combination of fearless defending and clinical finishing across the two legs sees us progress to the playoff stage of the Champions League for a second consecutive year. Celtic, were the dominant in both matches but we were lethal on the counter attack and fortunately for us, new striker Christiansen remembered to pack his goalscoring boots! We may have gotten a little bit lucky, but who cares (probably just the Celtic fans).

Dynamo Zagreb are the side standing in the way of our first ever Champions League group stage yet again! We lost 7-3 on aggregate last season, but the squad is looking a lot stronger this time around.

Time to seek some revenge!

View attachment 174099

View attachment 1027274

Champions League Playoff

View attachment 173866
View attachment 173865

We have made it through to the Champions League Group Stage!

Somehow we managed to pull off 2 incredible performances against Dinamo Zagreb, beating them 4-2 on aggregate. The result couldn't even be put down to luck, as we dominated large parts of both games.

We have been awarded an incredible sum of £10 million just from reaching the Champions League Group Stage. This is a huge amount of money for a club of our stature and will surely help strengthen the team in years to come.

View attachment 173863
View attachment 173862

We have been handed a pretty good group for the competition, avoiding the giants of Europe. Although every game is still going to be extremely difficult and we will be lucky to come away with anything more than a couple of points.

View attachment 173864

Unfortunately, Baxmann broke his foot in the 1st leg and is likely to miss the entire Champions League Group stage. He is one of the stars of the team and is going to be sorely missed on the wing for the next few months.

View attachment 173849

Congratulations! Those +10 millions are gonna do wonders for the club's funds ^^
Not to mention that the qualification to the Champions League's group stage can (and most likely will) translate as a massive boost for both the Old Gold and the Welsh Premier's reputations.

As for the group itself... While I doubt that the team can make it to the knock out stages, you've dodged quite a few bullets with such a draw (RNG was surprisingly kind to you this time around) and you could be competitive (and with a bit of luck maybe getting an extra round in the Europa League).

Good luck at keeping the European dream alive (and tough luck with your winger... he'll be seriously missed).

Congratulations! Those +10 millions are gonna do wonders for the club's funds ^^
Not to mention that the qualification to the Champions League's group stage can (and most likely will) translate as a massive boost for both the Old Gold and the Welsh Premier's reputations.

As for the group itself... While I doubt that the team can make it to the knock out stages, you've dodged quite a few bullets with such a draw (RNG was surprisingly kind to you this time around) and you could be competitive (and with a bit of luck maybe getting an extra round in the Europa League).

Good luck at keeping the European dream alive (and tough luck with your winger... he'll be seriously missed).

Thanks man!

Yeah i will be expecting another massive boost to the clubs reputation and the League come the end of the season. Hopefully our Nation coefficient will also increase and possibly get an extra Champions League spot or something.

I know the draw could of been much much worse for us, so will be looking to possibly grab a few points at home. Would be great to sneak into the Europa League knockout stages but is going to be very tough.

View attachment 173614

August

View attachment 173628
View attachment 173627

We opened our Welsh Premier League campaign with 2 wins, including a 12-0 thrashing of newly promoted Ton Pentre! Welcome to the Premier League boys! After just 2 games this season already looks like it could be 32 wins out of 32...

Unsurprisingly the 12-0 demolition over Ton Pentre was both the clubs biggest ever win and the most goals in a Premier League match.

View attachment 173622
View attachment 173621

6 goals in 2 games for Bah is pretty good going, whilst I also picked up manager of the Month.

View attachment 173626
View attachment 173625

I was awarded a new contract with Carmarthen a few months (forgot to post), keeping me at the club for another 2 years. The board has finally agreed to improve the youth facilities after years of asking, following our Champions League prize money.

View attachment 173624
View attachment 173623

A busy September sees us kick of our Champions League Group at home to Leverkusen, before an away trip to Shakhtar.

View attachment 173620

P.S. Am thinking of downloading a skin with the instant result option or possibly holidaying parts of the season as it is just to easy domestically now. I will obviously play the European matches and probably the ones prior just to ensure players are rested etc.

Let me know what you think or which of the 2 options would work best (never tried either before)

I love the contradiction of the League's previous biggest win being an 8-0 Carmarthen victory, and the previous biggest Camarthen win being 9-1! At least there's no doubt now :p

I love the contradiction of the League's previous biggest win being an 8-0 Carmarthen victory, and the previous biggest Camarthen win being 9-1! At least there's no doubt now :p

hahaha good spot - Although I think the 9-1 win might have been in the cup, in the records defence :p

View attachment 173435

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

View attachment 173434
View attachment 173433

In what i expected to be the toughest match of qualification, we managed to play out a bore draw away to Poland. Both teams had chances to sneak the win, but a draw was probably the right result in the end.

View attachment 173432
View attachment 173431

Ireland gave us a real scare in the first half as they completely dominated proceedings, going 2-0 up and looking good for the win. I therefore made the brave decision to switch it up to a 4-4-2 type formation and we managed to battle our way back into the game and take a hard earned point. We even had a chance to grab the win right at the death but Bale managed to put it just wide.

View attachment 173430

After 2 tough away draws we remain top by 2 points. With just 3 games to go in the group I am confident we will progress, as long as we get a result at home to the Irish.

View attachment 1028160

Group Stage

View attachment 173024
View attachment 173023
View attachment 173022

Despite a record attendance of 13,245 we were easily swatted aside by Bayer Leverkusen. They dominated the game right from the start and despite starting with a slightly more defensive formation we failed to keep out their attacking prowess. I had hoped to put up a bit more of a fight and possibly grab a goal or 2 but a result was always going to be difficult.

View attachment 173021

A tough away fixture against Shakhtar saw us comfortably beaten yet again. I will be hoping for a closer game in the return fixture but wont be holding my breath. This is definitely starting to show just how far off the top teams we are.

Unsurprisingly we are sitting bottom of the group with 0 points, hopefully we can break our duck before the end of the group stage.

View attachment 173020

Nobody expected this to be easy ! But again nobody expected a Welsh team to be there ! A remarkable achievement even if you won't win any game .

Nobody expected this to be easy ! But again nobody expected a Welsh team to be there ! A remarkable achievement even if you won't win any game .

Yeah exactly! Making the group stage was our main objective this season - Next season will be to be competitive in the group stage and possibly make the Europa knockouts.

View attachment 172783

September

View attachment 172782
View attachment 172781

Unfortunately the draw with Haverfordwest means that we wont be able to achieve a 100% record domestically this season. It was a second string team and we dominated the game creating numerous chances but failed to convert, whereas they scored there only chance of the game!

View attachment 172780

Another Manager of the Month Award

View attachment 172779

An away trip to Porto is the highlight of October, we are unlikely to come away with a result but who knows.

Am probably going to stop doing monthly updates now and do them every 3 months or so as i find i am writing the same thing each time really. Updates for Internationals and Europe will remain the same. Am possibly going to trial holidaying or instant resulting some domestic matches when I get knocked out of Europe.