The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

great work reaching the group stage. quick question, what do your finances and facilities look like? you must have a few bit of cash considering the relatively small (by champs lge standards) out goings.

Good luck with the rest of the group stage

great work reaching the group stage. quick question, what do your finances and facilities look like? you must have a few bit of cash considering the relatively small (by champs lge standards) out goings.

Good luck with the rest of the group stage

Thanks mate - The finances are looking pretty good, especially after that Champions League money! I continually ask the board to improve facilities but they normally reject my requests despite the money! However, they are currently upgrading the training and youth facilities and have managed to get Junior coaching up to excellent

View attachment 172694
View attachment 172693
View attachment 172692

View attachment 172649

World Cup 2022 Qualifier

View attachment 172648

For the first time in a while I was able to select a full strength starting lineup to face Slovenia. Following our two draws against Poland and Ireland it was important to bounce back with a win which is exactly what we did. Although we didn't control the game quite as effectively as i would have liked we looked dangerous on the attack, scoring 4 from just 9 shots.

View attachment 172647
View attachment 172641

We are 4 points clear and with 2 games to go against Ireland and Luxembourg, we are looking very likely to finish the group top. I will be expecting us to get the job done against Ireland at home, but if not the Luxembourg match should be a guaranteed 3 pointer *Touches Wood*

View attachment 172645
View attachment 172646

We continue to creep up the World Rankings and are now sitting at 15th in the World! Hopefully this will hold us in good stead for the World Cup Groups.

View attachment 1028597

Group Stage

View attachment 172615

We managed to score our first ever Champions League Group goal, taking an early lead in the process but ultimately couldn't hang on for a result. It was a bit of a back to the wall job as Porto relentlessly pressed forward all game, creating numerous chances. We defended well for the most part of the game but just couldn't keep them out in the end. Still it was a more promising performance from us.

View attachment 172614

Unfortunately Ryan Mason picked up an injury playing in the Welsh Premier League and will be ruled out for the remainder of the Champions League. Another big loss to the squad.

View attachment 172613
View attachment 172611

Somehow we managed to pull off am unbelievable win against Porto in the return fixture!! We were out shot 30 - 6 and despite going 2-1 down, we managed to fight back and win it 3-2! You have to feel pretty bad for Porto, but our clinical finishing was a sight to behold. We also received a cheeky £1 million from the result which is an extra little bonus.

After that shock win 3rd place isn't looking so far out of reach. We still have to play Shakhtar which will prove to be a massive game.

View attachment 172612

Great result against Porto my friend ! Qualification is still playable ! Also I was delighted to see Greece rising up the world ranking !

Great result against Porto my friend ! Qualification is still playable ! Also I was delighted to see Greece rising up the world ranking !

Thanks man - I know, will all come down to the game against Shakhtar and we have home advantage.

Yeah Greece are looking on the up - will check if they made the World Cup when the groups are drawn.

View attachment 172345

World Cup 2022 Qualifiers

View attachment 172344

We had a couple of injuries to contend with going into the match against Ireland but none that were too significant, as we sealed our place in the 2022 World Cup Finals. Ireland put in another strong performance but a brace from Gareth Bale was enough to see out the match. Bale hasn't been in the best form for Wales recently, so was delighted to see him back on the score sheet.

View attachment 172343

View attachment 172339

Following our confirmed qualification, I fielded a heavily rotated side for the away fixture in Luxembourg as we laboured to a narrow victory. We have struggled against Luxembourg in both matches now, which is a slight concern, as we should really be winning by a comfortable margin. This time it was Bale's replacement, Tyler Roberts bagging a brace.

View attachment 172338

We managed to complete qualification unbeaten, finishing 7 points above 2nd placed Ireland. This is only the second time Wales have reached the World Cup Finals and the first time since 1958! It is an extremely proud achievement for myself, the players and the Nation as a whole. Hopefully we can be competitive against the World's best!

View attachment 172336
View attachment 172335

Following the World Cup Qualification campaign we have managed to elevate our ranking up to 12th! Hopefully we can maintain our ranking for the Group Stage draw.

View attachment 172334
View attachment 172333

Incredible in the Champions League and internationally getting to the world cup

Wow Wales in the world cup after 57 years !! You my friend must be considered as a legendary icon !!

Wow Wales in the world cup after 57 years !! You my friend must be considered as a legendary icon !!

Yeah I would have thought so by now! I do remember topping the Welsh Managers Hall of Fame a few seasons back, but cant remember if that was just domestically or both :)

Wales manages to qualify for a World Cup again and in what a way! It might not be the toughest group out there but Slovenia, Poland and Ireland are not by any means pushovers either... What the red dragons did is one heck of a feat.

As for the Old Gold, that's a great result. Even if you can't managed to get any more points in this group stage you can definitely feel proud of the lads because beating Porto is no easy task (and it's harder the more years pass in the game because Portugal in this FM generates insanely good regens... specially Porto), the pass to Europa League is not a chimera... it will be hard but it's still reachable.
However even if you don't get any more points, you should feel proud of your lads because it has been an incredibly good Champions League starting experience.

Keep it up, you're doing an outstanding job on both fronts.

View attachment 1029207

Group Stage

View attachment 172042

Somehow we managed to take an early lead in the game through a swift counter attack, but we couldn't hold out against there continual waves of attack. We never really had a chance of winning the match, but am pleased with the teams performance and we managed to create some decent chances with our limited amount of possession.

View attachment 172040

The Leverkusen game brought up my 300th game in charge of Carmarthen Town. Would of been nice to mark the occasion with a win but unfortunately we were playing in our toughest game of the season, possibly even the clubs history!

View attachment 172041
View attachment 172036

We had already been knocked out of the Champions League going into the match against Shakhtar, but still managed to come away with a decent point. We both had chances to win the game but Henin was in tremendous form in goal and was justly rewarded Man of the Match. We also received another £357k which is always nice.

So our European Campaign is ended at the Group Stage for a second consecutive year. However, we had made our debut appearance in the Champions League and picking up 4 points is a massive achievement. We have done ourselves proud and will be looking to build on our performances next season!

View attachment 172039
View attachment 172037

Wales manages to qualify for a World Cup again and in what a way! It might not be the toughest group out there but Slovenia, Poland and Ireland are not by any means pushovers either... What the red dragons did is one heck of a feat.

As for the Old Gold, that's a great result. Even if you can't managed to get any more points in this group stage you can definitely feel proud of the lads because beating Porto is no easy task (and it's harder the more years pass in the game because Portugal in this FM generates insanely good regens... specially Porto), the pass to Europa League is not a chimera... it will be hard but it's still reachable.
However even if you don't get any more points, you should feel proud of your lads because it has been an incredibly good Champions League starting experience.

Keep it up, you're doing an outstanding job on both fronts.

Thanks man! Yeah we had a pretty kind group, avoiding all the top Nations, but found ourselves being pushed in every game, including Luxembourg!

Yeah exactly! I still cant get over how we managed to beat Porto. Well we managed to pick up an extra point at home to Shakhtar, which was an added bonus but as you say it has been a a memorable debut season in the Champions League for Carmarthen Town.

View attachment 172033

World Cup 2022 Group Draw

View attachment 172032

I am very happy with our World Cup draw and believe we have a great chance of progressing to the knockout stages. Obviously, Portugal will be the ones to beat but am confident of beating both South Korea and Peru.

Group A looks unbelievably easy with Cape Verde, China, Croatia and Jamaica! Possible fixing? as China are the hosts....

View attachment 172031
View attachment 172030

The Welsh FA have secured us a very basic training camp for the duration of the World Cup, with the facilities looking worse than ours back at Carmarthen!

View attachment 172029

As a Welshman it's great to see the side reach the World Cup, even it is only in FM

Great job, mate

As a Welshman it's great to see the side reach the World Cup, even it is only in FM

Great job, mate

They have a decent chance IRL with the right draw.

Thanks mate, appreciate the support.

View attachment 162003

October, November and December

View attachment 162008
View attachment 162007

We are once again cruising our way through the domestic season and are 12 points clear of TNS. I have been using instant results for pretty much all the domestic matches, as there isn't really much point in playing them myself (This is my excuse for the draw against Haverfordwest).

View attachment 162006
View attachment 162005

The training facilities are now up to adequate standard, whilst our unbeaten run in the Welsh Premier League has extended to 60 matches!!

View attachment 162002

Yearly Awards

View attachment 162004

Gareth Bale failed to make it into the Welsh best XI for 2021, as Tyler Roberts leads the line. A number of familiar faces remain in the starting lineup, although cant see it being too long before the next generation starts to emerge.

View attachment 162001
View attachment 162000

Ramsey wins yet another Welsh Footballer of the Year Award, whilst Gareth Bale tries to refind his form out on loan at Sevilla. Matthew Spain picks up another Young Player of the Year Award, despite being used mostly as a backup.