The Rise of Wales - Carmarthen Town

View attachment 152270View attachment 152269
Both ourselves and Switzerland have achieved well above our expected positions this tournament and one of us will be going on to the final of the World Cup. We played well in our last outing against Mexico and will be hoping for a similar performance here today against the Swiss.

9th​ minute – Cakmak roles Williams on the edge of the area before hammering his shot past Darlow and into the top left hand corner. 1-0

11th​ minute – Steffen rifles in a low cross that deflects off Ramsey at the near post and past Darlow who was completely wrong footed. 2-0

42nd ​minute – Williams beats Widmer on the left wing before floating a cross in to Wilson at the backpost, but he hits the post.

45th​ minute – Embolo manages to role Poole this time and fire a quick shot off from inside the area, which beats Darlow yet again. 3-0

91st​ minute – Roberts makes a driving run into the area before being tripped by a dangling leg from Schar, which leads to the ref pointing to the spot. Bale coolly converts the subsequent penalty into the top left hand corner for a consolation goal. 3-1

Unfortunately we appeared to be on the wrong side of luck today as Switzerland managed to emerge comfortable winners in what was really a rather tight match. They managed to convert chances out of nothing whilst we struggled to take ours. We have achieved well above expected in reaching the semi-finals and now have a 3rd place playoff to look forward to, although it isn't the final it is still a game i would like to win.

View attachment 152267

Portugal beat Italy in the other semi-final, which means we will have to go up against Italy in the 3rd place playoff. The game will also mark my 50th game in charge of Wales, which will be a nice landmark to record a win on (I have also turned black for some reason)
View attachment 152268
View attachment 152266

View attachment 152265

We go in to the game against Italy as underdogs, but know we have the ability of getting a result. Although it is essentially a bit of a nothing game, I am still looking to get the victory and achieve the title of coming 3rd in the World, even the 4th isn't to bad either.

13th​ minute – Pucciarelli splits open our defence with a through pass through to Zaza, who takes the ball round the keeper and slots the ball into the back of the net. 1-0

18th​ minute – Santon whips across in towards Zaza, which is semi-cleared by Williams, but the ball falls to the feet of Berardi inside the area and he places the ball into the top left corner. 2-0

22nd​ minute – Berardi ***** a ball over our defensive line for Zaza, but Darlow makes himself big to deny Italy going 3 ahead.

24th​ minute – Williams disposes Zaza inside the area, but the ball roles out to Pucciarelli who bends the ball into the far right hand corner. 3-0

51st​ minute – Williams pings a diagnol ball across to Wilson on the edge of the area, who beats Barreca and smashes the ball past Perin at his near post. 3-1

80th​ minute – Ramsey drives into the area, before squaring the ball to Cullen who hits it first time beating Perin with a relatively tame shot. 3-2

Unfortunately we got completely blown away in the first 25 minutes and the game was essentially over, despite a late fightback. Italy dominated the game from the start and in hindsight I should have played a slightly more defensive formation with possibly 3 CM's, but am proud of our performance in the second half none the less. We will just have to settle for coming 4th in the World
;)

View attachment 152264

Portugal beat Switzerland on penalties in the final to win the World Cup!

Unsurprisingly the Welsh FA were delighted with our performance in the competition and am about 99.9% confident i wont be losing my job.

View attachment 152263
View attachment 152262

Gareth Bale, Sam White, Harry Wilson and George Williams all got a mention in the tournaments awards. Bale really produced some top class performances for us, in what could potentially be his final international tournament. The other 3 are all relatively young and shows promising signs for the future!

View attachment 152260
View attachment 152259
View attachment 152258
View attachment 152257

We have now moved up to 7th in the World following our World Cup campaign, which should come in very handy when future groups are drawn.

View attachment 152256
View attachment 152255

View attachment 151846

Season Preview 2022/23
(Season 8)

View attachment 151844
View attachment 151842

As usual, we are expected to comfortably complete the domestic treble, whilst also reaching the playoffs of the Champions League. However, I will be looking to at least replicate the successes of last season an reach the group stage of the Champions League once again and look for a 3rd place finish (better than 4th last season).

A number of players move on at the end of the season as we continue to draw in higher profile names. The only player I would of liked to keep hold of was Yanis Henin, who was a great young keeper but unfortunately had a very low release clause.

View attachment 151841

Key Signings

View attachment 151834

Evan Da Costa - We managed to bring him in on loan from Leverkusen and is undoubtably one of the most talented players to ever play for Carmarthen Town. He is primarily an AMC but also a capable MC

View attachment 151833

Odysseus Velanas - A Greek CM who comes in to further strengthen the midfield as we will be looking to more of a 4-2-3-1 formation this season. He is still relatively young and still has time to improve.

View attachment 151832

Dave Andrews - I may have gone a bit overboard with the number MC signings but Andrews looks another real talent and will provide me with additional options if required.

View attachment 151831

Ilias Moutha Sebtaoui - Another Moroccan goalkeeper who has been drafted in to replace Henin. He doesn't look quite as accomplished on paper, but is still improving and not a bad replacement at all.

View attachment 151678

Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round

View attachment 151679
View attachment 151677

We were drawn against Montenegrin outfit, FK Mladost Podgorica to kick off our European campaign and comfortably managed to see off the challenge. We absolutely dominated them across the two legs, with Christiansen scoring 6 goals across the 2 games.

We have now been drawn against Sparta Prague in the 3rd Qualifying round, knowing that a victory here will guarantee us a Europa League Group place at a minimum. They aren't the easiest opponents but we have beaten stronger opposition in the past and will be confident of getting the all important result required.

View attachment 151676

View attachment 151593

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

View attachment 151591
View attachment 151590

We managed to come back from a first leg deficit, by comprehensively beating Sparta Prague in front of our home fans. Christiansen scored an impressive 5 more goals across the two legs, taking his tally to 11 in 4 games already this season. This secures our place in the Europa League Group Stages but will be hoping to go a step further and reach the Champions League for a second consecutive year.

We have been drawn against Danish Champions, Kobenhavn in the playoff round. This looks to be a winnable game and we managed to avoid a number of other big names.

View attachment 151589

RIP to Richard Osman, the British victim of the Egypt air crash who was from Carmarthen

great updates pal - i havent done too good with them myself so far lol add me on steam, chrislloyd1987

Just started to read your story 2 days ago and here I am.

What an awesome job you already made for the Welsh Nation (both national team and league).

How are other welsh teams performing in Europe qualifiers ? (especially TNS). Did they succeed to bring some good players thanks to national league reputation's improvement (thanks to you)?

I hope you succeed your games against FC Copenhaguen.

Btw, which skin do you use for instant results ? I'm quite interested in it.

I will definitely follow this story for further updates and can't wait to see you perform an oustanding european adventure ! ;)

great updates pal - i havent done too good with them myself so far lol add me on steam, chrislloyd1987

Thanks man - I usually play offline on steam, but will be sure to add you when i next get on!

Just started to read your story 2 days ago and here I am.

What an awesome job you already made for the Welsh Nation (both national team and league).

How are other welsh teams performing in Europe qualifiers ? (especially TNS). Did they succeed to bring some good players thanks to national league reputation's improvement (thanks to you)?

I hope you succeed your games against FC Copenhaguen.

Btw, which skin do you use for instant results ? I'm quite interested in it.

I will definitely follow this story for further updates and can't wait to see you perform an oustanding european adventure ! ;)

Cheers bro - Greatly appreciated :)

Unfortunately TNS usually get knocked out pretty early on in qualifying, but they are starting to snap up some of the players I release from the club, so am sure they are starting to get a bit stronger!

The skin is Vitrex16 and I downloaded off FMScout

I have started up a new save recently, but will be sure to get back to this one at some point in the near future :)

This is the best FM story I've ever read, it's had me hooked for days, well done mate and thanks for the epic read!

This is the best FM story I've ever read, it's had me hooked for days, well done mate and thanks for the epic read!

Thanks mate, really appreciate it :).

I may get the story back up and running at some point in the future.

Carmarthen are back!

View attachment 134937

Champions League Qualifying Playoff

View attachment 134936
View attachment 134935

Well it wasn't quite the return I was hoping for, as we are sent crashing out of the Champions League after a 4-1 aggregate loss to Danish side, København. We were pretty outclassed across both legs and never really looked capable of progressing. To add insult to injury or in this case injury to insult, Da Costa tore his hamstring and will miss 3 months of the season!

View attachment 134934

To cushion the disappointment of missing out on the Champions League, we have received over £4 million to help the club keep ticking over and entered the Europa Group Stages.

View attachment 134933
View attachment 134932
View attachment 134931

The Europa League Group Draw has put us alongside European Giants, Man Utd!! The entire Town is buzzing at the opportunity of a potential giant killing. Although realistically I know we will be needing to pick up points against Ludogorets and PAOK if we are to stand any chance of making the knockout stages.

View attachment 134930

Great to see this return, even if it hasn't gone too well so far! That's an interesting group, could be a good chance of getting through.

Great to see this return, even if it hasn't gone too well so far! That's an interesting group, could be a good chance of getting through.

Thanks mate, good to be back on it :). Fingers crossed that we make it out of the groups for the first time!

One of my favourite stories this is! So glad to see it back!

Cheers man, am glad you are enjoying it! Hopefully its return wont disappoint!

View attachment 134913

The Welsh Xavi

View attachment 134912
View attachment 134911

Liverpool decided to release Allen at the end of last season and after failing to find another club, he decided to return to his Welsh roots and join Carmarthen Town.

At the age of 32 he still has plenty to offer and is undoubtably one of the best players in our squad. I have still been selecting him in my Welsh squad and with 84 caps to his name, brings a wealth of experience. Hopefully he can be the man to take the club up that extra level and make it out of the Europa Group stages!

Another Welsh international, Liam Cullen has also joined us on a season loan deal from Leicester. Although he has been in and out of the international side, he is going to be a key player for us this season and should be comfortably bagging at least 30 goals, barring injury.

View attachment 134910

looking forward to this.
in before Carmarthen win Europa League :p