The Road to the Premiership - A Yeovil Town Story

Reaction score
Yeovil_Town_FC.png

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

BREAKING NEWS

John Fry, the chairman of Yeovil Town FC has announced the resignation of the former Yeovil Town captain and player/manager, Terry Skiverton. After an 11 year career with The Glovers, Skiverton has decided that the managerial post was not for him. This has come as a shock to the Glovers fans, as Skiverton has gained hero status and is firm fan favourite at Huish Park.

0,,10794%7E3709792,00.jpg

Above - Skiverton, 328 appearances and 44 goals
for Yeovil

Chairman John Fry has explained to Sky Sports that he does have some possible replacements lined up, which include the Yeovil Town veteran Nathan Jones. Fry has also said that Daniel Jameson has showed great interest in the managerial position, however Jameson is very inexperienced at this level of football having only played amateur football for teams including Dartford, River Cray and Tooting and Mitcham.

Nathan-Jones-Yeovil_2014520.jpg

Above - Nathan Jones possible replacement for
Skiverton

Fry will announce the new manager of Yeovil Town FC with-in the next few days.

SKY-SPORTS-NEWS-cmyk.png

BREAKING NEWS

Yeovil Town have appointed Daniel Jameson as their new manager! The loyal fans of the somerset team have voiced thier scepticism over the new manager's experience and ability to manage in professional football. John Fry however has defended his decision to place Jameson in charge saying "I have chosen, in my opinion, the best man for the job. Nathan Jones came to me in person and has expressed his desire to focus on playing well for his team. Nathan has been made Assistant Manager and will be working closely with Daniel Jameson".

The Sky Sports News team were present at the unvieling of the new manager and attended the press conference.

BBC Somerset Representative - "What does it feel like to made manager of your favourite club?"

Jameson - "It is an absolute delight! I am over the moon with this oppurtunity to work at Yeovil Town"

Sky Sports Representative - "Fans and other managers alike have spoken out against your appointment as manager due to your lack of experience at this level of football, what is your opinion on this view?"

Jameson - "I will do my up most to proove myself to the fans, I do have some experince in playing and running football clubs and I will impliment what I have learn't at this club"

BBC Somerset Representative - "Is it true that you are interested in bringing ex-Stoke striker Vincent Pericard to the club?"

Jameson - "I will not be talking about tranfers today, sorry"

---------- Post added at 01:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Aha no doubt ;)
I'll keep a look at for your story once it gets going

Cool thanks. Ill be putting up pre-season transfers and results some time tomorrow ;)

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

PRE-SEASON TRANSFERS
IN
Striker Vicent Pericard - Free

Centre Midfield Simon Mensing - 1k [Hamilton]

Forward Luka Senicanin - Free

Centre Midfield Gautheir Mahoto - Loan [Portsmouth]

Defensive Midfielder Kuami Agboh - Free

Centre Back Mamadou Seck - Free

Right Back Cristian Arrieta - Free Bosman [Puerto Rico Islanders]

OUT

Striker Sam Williams - Loan [Stevenage]

Striker Andre McCollin - £500 [Hereford]

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Pre-Season Results
Yeovil Town had a fairly average pre-season with two wins, a draw and two losses. However, Jameson's signing of ex-Stoke striker Vicent Pericard look to be a good piece of buisness already finishing the pre-season with 4 goals.

Yeovil Town 3 - 0 Yeovil Town Reserves

Welsh, Tomlin, Williams
Dominated the match and won comfortabley as expected. Highlight of the match was Sam William's stunning header. Headed with power and precision to beat the keeper at the far post. Some of the Yeovil under 18s squad look like very good propects despite being beaten. Cieran Levet and Paul Howard looked dangerous a caused some problems for the Yeovil Town defence.
MotM - Andy Welsh

Yeovil Town 0 - 3 Man City
Ireland (2), Tevez
Out classed and out played. In all fairness that was to be expected. With the transfer funds available to Man City they would probably be able to buy my entire squad 10 times overwith money to spare.
MotM - Stephen Ireland

Yeovil Town 0 - 2 Leeds
Beckford (2)
Beckford with a brace. He was beyond awesome, beat my centre backs for fun and scored to very nice goals. Despite being beaten, I was pleased with the perfomance of the team we looked dangerous on the break with Mensing hitting the bar with a piledriver and Pericard forcing a world class save from the Leeds keeper.
MotM - Jermaine Beckford

Queens Park (Scotland) 0 - 2 Yeovil Town
Murray, Pericard
A good result, never looked like we would be beaten. Was nice to see the new signings establishing themselves and playing well, young Serbian under 19 international Luka Senicanin looked lively and caused some trouble for the Queens Park defence.
MotM - Vincent Pericard

Yeovil Town 1 - 1 Port Vale
Pericard - Thompson
Should have won. Thompson levling the game in the 88th minute for Port Vale. Pericard got on the score sheet again with a trademark striker, a rocket shot from 12 yards. Highlight of the match was a wonderful counter attack by Port Vale, a move consisting of 6 passes which tore my defence to shreds and forced a great save from Alex McCarthy, Yeovil towns on loan keeper.
MotM - Darren Way

Yeovil Town 2 - 1 Swindon
Pericard (2) - McGovern
Pericard ran Swindon ragged! Terrell Forbes and Mamadou Seck completely dominated in defence. Was a shame to conced a silly goal Richard Martin, Yeovil's 2nd keeper with a poor kick from a clearance allowing JP McGovern to pinch a simple goal.
MotM - Vicent Pericard

. .

Season Objectives

Yeovil Town's Chairman John Fry has set Jameson the task of avoiding relegation this season. Yeovil had odds of 40-1 to win the Coca Cola League 1, pundits obviously thought that it would be a long hard season for Yeovil proving to be rather unfruitful in the end. The favourites to become League 1 Champions were Leeds 3-1, Huddersfield 5-1 and Norwich 7-1.

Jameson has pointed out Simon Mensing, Darren Way and Terrell Forbes as being key to Yeovil Town's chances. "We will struggle to stay afloat if these players do not deliver" Jameson explained in a press conference ealier in the week.

15870.jpg
swanseafootballWaypic_560832.jpg
article-0-06F5E02C000005DC-765_235x277.jpg

Mensing (left), Way (above) and Forbes (right) key to Yeovils chances

Looks nice mate, will try to follow. Forbes <333
Have a look at Tony Stevenson on loan/buy from Hamlton. Great versatile and set pieces

Nice update there mate, keep it up.

Thanks. Updates of results and such will go up late today, if not, tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

bbcsport.2.u.png

OPENING DAY IN LEAGUE 1

The Gloves are off for the Glovers!

Daniel Jameson announced today that Yeovil will come out fighting today against a Southamton side heavily favoured to win. Jameson commented on dangerman Rickie Lambert saying that he must be stopped if Yeovil are to win on the opening day.
Southampton_FC.png

Southamton 4 - 3 Yeovil
Lambert (3), Saganowski - Pericard (2), Mensing
3-1 down at half time, Lambert ran rings around the Yeovil defence scoring twice and assisting Saganowski with the third. Mensing pulled one back, scoring on his debut as the new Yeovil Captain, giving us a ray of hope just before half time. Second half was a different story. The Glovers came flying out of the blocks! Pericard scoring in the 48th minute with a wonderful diving header. Yeovil pushed on looking for the equalizer and it came in the 67th minute, a mistake by Lallana allowed Way to set up Pericard for his second.

Lambert broke Yeovil hearts however in the 85th minute, popping up on the edge of the box from a corner to seal his hat trick.

A mighty display from Lambert however Yeovil showed some real fighting spirit. I was pleased with the performance however, Stam and Forbes both had poor games.
MotM - Rickie Lambert

1138059.jpg

Lambert celebrates his second goal

---------- Post added at 03:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Next update tonight of first 10 games

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Cardiff_City_FC.png

LEAGUE CUP 1st ROUND

Yeovil Town 2 - 1 Cardiff City
Pericard (2) - Bothroyd
Yeovil bounce back from defeat at Southampton to stun Cardiff City at Huish Park. Terrell Forbes, Simon Mensing, Darren Way, Kuami Agboh and Vicent Pericard all had fantastic games with ratings over 7.3. Scott Murray had a very poor game however and was substituted at halftime. I was very pleased with the manner of the win and with the overall result, great to progress through and get some much needed prize money into the club.
MotM - Vincent Pericard

0,,10794%7E3734971,00.gif

Oldham 1 - 1 Yeovil Town
Abbott - Pericard
A good point away from home with the team all playing decently. Great to see Pericard scoring regularly which brings his tally up to 5 already! Andy Welsh played well looking dangerous the whole match and getting an assist. However, overall it was a rather uneventful game.
MotM - Andy Welsh

Last edited:
Good story but suggest going into graphics section and ask someone in a sig request thread if they can make you one like mine :)

Swindon_town_fc.png

Yeovil Town 4 - 1 Swindon
Pericard (3), Welsh - Paynter
A wonderful display by the whole Yeovil team. Pericard was in deadly form and scored a fantastic goal in a memorable game for him (his first ever hat trick). Welsh squared the ball for Pericard on the edge of the 16 yard box and he lashed it top left hand corner. Andy Welsh got a goal and two assists and ended up with a rating of 8.5.
MotM - Vincent Pericard

good signing in pericard and some good results keep it going mate

na mate logos are good and everything if you need any help mate click on my signature and have a lk at tht mate

Looks nice mate, will try to follow

Cool thanks

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

na mate logos are good and everything if you need any help mate click on my signature and have a lk at tht mate

Cool thanks for the help

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

0,,10421%7E6048925,00.jpg

Yeovil Town 1 - 0 Leyton Orient
Bowditch
Back to back wins, luvely jubbley! Everyone having a solid game apart from Scott Muray again underperforming. Shame that Pericard just couldn't bury his chances. Dean Bowditch came on at half time after switching to a 4-4-2 formation and delighted the fans with his first goal. Andy Welsh again played well and got an assist. Leyton Orient just really looked lack lustre today never looked like a challenge.
MotM - Andy Welsh

carling_cup_logo_black_470w.jpg

LEAGUE CUP 2nd ROUND

Maxi-Posters-Tottenham-Hotspur--Logo--331884.jpg

Yeovil Town 0 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur
Crouch, Modric (2)
Nothing to say really. Modric was outstanding and Crouch should have scored many more. Forbes, Hutchins and Smith all had poor games. Luca Senincanin made his debut and did resonabley well too. Not too disappointed about being knocked out, not really a winable trophy and Tottenham are a top 6 team anyway so.
MotM - Luka Modric

brentfordlogo.gif

Brentford 1 - 1 Yeovil Town
Strevens - Way
Threw away 3 points in the 86th minute. Terrell Forbes with a truely horrid pass allowing Strevens to equalize. Shame, because everyone played well, most notabley Welsh with another top performance, turning out to be a star player and is attracting the attentions of Notts County. Welsh was only just pipped to another man of the match award. Way scored his first goal since his return from Swansea, a lovely placed shot from the edge of the area., defineately the highlight of the match.
MotM - Darren Way

END OF MONTH OF AUGUST
NEXT UPDATE COMING SOON

[Im still a little further on so league screenshots not available until this story reaches November]

Last edited:
Keep it Up mate, Sounds good and i will Follow :) Good luck on your Road to the Premeirship.

Good layout there mate

I'm liking the updtaes.... except the fact that you beat Leyton Orient

0,,10794%7E3737449,00.gif

Bristol+Rovers.gif

Bristol Rovers 0 - 0 Yeovil Town
Yeovil Town win 5-4 on pens
A good performance away from home to progress in the cup. The whole defensive section of the team had brilliant games to keep a threatening Rovers team at bay. Shame that the attacking part of the team couldn't match the performance of the defence, all having rather average games. Overall its good to get past the first round, I do view this as a winable trophy.
MotM - Terrell Forbes

Millwall-logo.gif

Yeovil Town 2 - 1 Millwall
Way, Pericard - Harris
Millwall are on a dreadful run of form! And we piled on the misery for the Lion's fans. In all fairness Harris shouldn't have scored, a horrible deflection off of two Yeovil players took it past McCarthy in the 87th minute. Good performance from Scott Murray with two assists and Darren Way. Good to see Pericard on the score sheet again.
MotM - Darren Way

Bristol+Rovers.gif

Bristol Rovers 1 - 0 Yeovil Town
Kuffour
Our second meeting with the Gas in the same week! But this time they squared the record with an impressive display. Stenfan Stam missed his clearance header and Kuffour pounced to slot home the only goal. Terrell Forbes and Simon Mensing both had solid games but overall we weren't dangerous enough in front of goal.
MotM - Jo Kuffour

X-20071002150504296.jpg

Yeovil Town 1 - 0 Tranmere Rovers
O'Callaghan
Such a close game! Tranmere pushed us all the way and made us work hard for our 3 points. Bas Savage repetedly tested McCarthy and was also denied by the wood work. O'Callaghan's first game back from injury and he didn't disappoint he goal in the 72nd minute sent the Yeovil fans into raptures! A wonderful shot right into the upper 90 left the keeper absolutely no chance. The denfence again performed well and young full back Craig Alcock impressed.
MotM - O'Callaghan

carlisle_united_logo.jpg

Yeovil Town 4 - 3 Carlise United
Pericard (3), O'Callaghan - Ze Rui (2), Offiong
What a game! Conceded in the 17th second to a Ze Rui header and 3-1 by halftime, but to come back and win really shows that we have some talent going forward. O'Callaghan in again for the injuried Way makes it 2 goals in 2 games and Pericard with his second hat trick of the season. He was in deadly form netting a 25 yard shot with a power strike for he third.

This win maintained Yeovil's impressive 100% home record, the best home record in the league. Even bigs teams are starting to fear the trip to Huish Park!
MotM - Vincent Pericard

Wycombe_Wanderers_FC.png

Wycombe Wanderers 3 - 0 Yeovil Town
Phillips, Beavon, Harrold
Stunned by newly promoted Wycombe. Yeovil were sent packing by a dominant Wycombe. No one turned up, Andy Welsh perhaps was the best Yeovil had to offer but even he was average at best. Scott Murray had a horrid game, not a single pass of his found a Yeovil man. I may need to look for a more consistant winger to replace him in January. Highlight of the match was Beavon finishing a wonderful passing move which tore the defence apart at the seams.
MotM - Matt Phillips

END OF SEPTEMBER

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Good layout there mate

I'm liking the updtaes.... except the fact that you beat Leyton Orient

Haha thanks.

Actually you'd be proud of Orient on my game currentally 8th with a +7 goal difference!

Last edited: