The Royal Wedding

• Thread starter Thread starter Jak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 103
  • Views Views 7K
Nah not watching, mainly because I am working, although no doubt will be on the tv @ work.

A barrel of whisky if ITV cut to adverts just as they say 'I do' like they did with Gerrard's goal at the world cup...

great comment haha. Im off to a barbecue on Saturday (unrelated to wedding) but dunno if we will do the game. Drinking will be involved regardless of course :)

This bad boy :) Got a few of us doing it at my flat :)

8. Prince Phillip has found a warm place in many of our hearts, his "Racist Grandad" appeal simply too hard too dislike. As a result, whenever he is shown independant of the Queen (to avoid complications with rule 1), the last player to shout "****** Foreigners" must drink 3 fingers. Penalties can be awarded for anyone who makes no attempt to imitate his accent.

That is just so much win.

Heres the full list for people incapable to click a link

. If the Queen is on the screen you must be drinking. The woman has ruled the country for over 50 years, the least you can do is get destroyed in her honour.

2. Any time Prince Harry appears all players must produce a **** salute. The last player to do so must consume 5 fingers/mouthfuls for their poor reactions.

3. If Elton John is spotted the last person to shout "Candle in the Wind" must drink 5.

4. Any time time paralells are drawn to the Diana and Charles wedding (or any previous Royal Wedding for that matter), by commentators or otherwise, all players must consume 3 fingers/mouthfuls of their drink.

5.We're British (or shall assume the role for the day), which means we're a simple folk who enjoy comforts such as bacon and beer. With this in mind then, what better way to greet our anthem than with a hearty chug. As a result when the National Anthem is playing, everyone must be stood up and drinking. (Cheers to Will Sugg for inspiring this rule)

6.William will one day become king of this fine country, a fact that needs to be celebrated no? Every time the word "future" is said, in the mentioned context or not, an amount no less than 1 finger must be added to the "Future Kings Cup" by any player. This should then go in a clockwise direction from the first player to do so everytime future is mentioned, to ensure the cup has a good mix of drinks.
(Cheers to Sam Baggot for inspiring this rule)

7. And following on from Rule 6, The last person to shout "God save the future King!" upon the proclamation of "I now pronounce you man and wife" has to down the Future King's Cup. I fear for those that are last here, I really do.
(Cheers to **** Sharp for inspiring this rule)

8. Prince Phillip has found a warm place in many of our hearts, his "Racist Grandad" appeal simply too hard too dislike. As a result, whenever he is shown independant of the Queen (to avoid complications with rule 1), the last player to shout "****** Foreigners" must drink 3 fingers. Penalties can be awarded for anyone who makes no attempt to imitate his accent.

9. Prime Ministers never tend to be popular, but our current one is hated even by those standards. So to allow you all to "stick it to da man" whenever our fearless leader David Cameron appears on screen, the first player to shout "****" (substitute for a less offensive word if necessary) is allowed to come up with a rule of their own. Enjoy your one chance at tyranny!

10.Whenever the union flag appears on screen, the first to shout "rule brittania" is bestowed with the honor of delegating four measures however they see fit, one for each nation of the UK. This can either be to single player, or spread amongst them. Make sure our great flag is honoured with the drinking it deserves!

Just watched Russell Howard Good New, like him I'll only watch it if the queen raps, simple.

One of the only things I like about that day is that I get a day of school 2 days after coming back from the Easter hoildays.

http://www.superiorsilkscreen.com/upfiles/cart/i-dont-give-a-rats-***.jpg

Pretty pointless coming in to work for these two two before the wedding. I work in a school and have worked all over Easter though, so I deserve 2 long weekends in a row!

Erm... you do realise they work, right?

Yep, the Queen as a very stressful job. Waving at people, attend posh dinners, stamp laws already decided by others, go to foreign countries to wave at people and wave at peo......... I have already said that :S

They are a bunch of unneeded stuck up idiots that are using taxes to fund there extravagant lifestyle.

Couldn't care less about it.

Doubt I'll watch it, even though it will probably be on every single channel -_-

So how do you plan on finding out without watching it?

Erm... you do realise they work, right?

Yep, the Queen as a very stressful job. Waving at people, attend posh dinners, stamp laws already decided by others, go to foreign countries to wave at people and wave at peo......... I have already said that :S

They are a bunch of unneeded stuck up idiots that are using taxes to fund there extravagant lifestyle.

Alright guys lets not turn this into a 'Royalist or not' thread. If u wanna argue make your own or use VM ;)
PS I agree with Shay, to a certain extent

Well the tourism revenue they bring in > Tax paid. But it's still retarded how people go crazy over them for how little they do, I agree with you. You forgot she has the challenging job of reading a speech someone wrote for her on an auto prompt on the camera once a year as well.

William has worked all of his life, he's in the Army. Kate has no doubt worked/gone to University. IT isn't their fault they are royal, nor is it the queens or any royal that is here now. But anyway, it will be on every ****** channel and it's forecast rain all day so I'll probably have no choice but to watch it.

Didn't say anything about it being a stressful job, but it is a job, and a necessary one. The Queen and the royal family bring in millions more in tourism than they spend, don't be silly.

And let us put it this way; if we didn't have the royalty, we wouldn't have the comic genius that is Prince Philip, eh? (A)

Back