The Saddest Moments in Football

blank 27

Reaction score
sorry if i wrong post but i have a question
what is the most sadest moments in football?(please anybody help me to change the title)

In my lifetime probably watching Foe drop dead on the pitch, was terrible to watch.

In my lifetime probably watching Foe drop dead on the pitch, was terrible to watch.
that was horrible, remember having to try to explain to my little brother why he wasn't getting up

This might of been before my time and I apologise if I seem ignorant. But who is Foe ?

O'Donnell collapsing in a Motherwell match and later dying:(

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

This might of been before my time and I apologise if I seem ignorant. But who is Foe ?
Man City player who took a heart attack on the pitch

The death of marc vivien foe, was watching that game with my dad and we basically knew he was dead which made it all the more worse.

This.

I was distraught when he died. I can't really find many, if not anything in my time that would be worse than that.

Last edited:
The deaths of Antonio Puerta, Marc-Vivien Foe and Phil O'Donnell were sad. So was seeing Henrik Larsson leave Celtic, and seeing old footage of Jock Stein suffer a heart-attack pitchside after Scotland won a WC play-off in Cardiff.

But for me, it was undoubtedly the death of Celtic legend and former first-team coach, Tommy Burns, who succumbed to skin cancer during the title run-in a few season's ago. Watching Ally McCoist and Walter Smith carrying the coffin at his funeral was a beautiful moment, one of the few moments when both sides of the Old Firm stood together through a real tragedy. :(

Foe is the saddest. The whites of his eyes are just plain frightening :S

Antonio Puerta because I was watching it live, it was horrific.

And of course Hillsborough. I wasn't in it, infact I wasn't even born at that point, but my Dad was in it and has told me horrific stories about it, and even the police questioning him and essentially blaming him for it.

It's far too difficult to pick any one. There have been too many. Heysel, Hillsborough, Ibrox disaster, Munich disaster, Andres Escobar's murder, Puerta, O'Donnell and Foe's deaths. Football is a tragic sport, but when there is a tragedy, even clubs who hate each other will stand together. There is a special unity. That's why football is so great.

all the tragedys like death etc of players on the pitch :'(

and ofcourse one for Chelsea fans has got be the champions league final 2008 penalty shootout :( The most ive ever cried over a match and I think about the Terry penalty everyday its stuck in my mind and will never go away :'(