The Saddest Moments in Football

Some ppl say that reason for suicide is not beeing able to become German no1 keeper, and "irony" is that Joakim Lew ( I think he was manager when that **** happened) was going to make him no1....

Enke sadly killed himself because of the loss of his daughter. He couldn't cope with it and it eventually consumed him to the point of doing what he did. Feel sorry for his wife though, losing her family like that.

any thing where people die is sad
doesn't matter if its a player or supporters.
people putting things about other clubs winning things
your sick
John Thompson was sad
i saw a amatuer match and a player died.

Last edited:
wasn't born when this happen but el Grande Tornio always makes me go water eyes

the whole team was killed so was the manager and assissant manager

Enke sadly killed himself because of the loss of his daughter. He couldn't cope with it and it eventually consumed him to the point of doing what he did. Feel sorry for his wife though, losing her family like that.

Yea, what ive heard were rumor, and what you said is probably the truth

Nelson Monhon - Died of a Cardiac Arrest, aged 21
Eastville fires.

The Bradford fires
Hillsborough
And all of the players who died doing the thing they loved.

wasn't born when this happen but el Grande Tornio always makes me go water eyes

the whole team was killed so was the manager and assissant manager
Well,it's such a tragic way to see a whole legendary team getting killed in just a moment.

Sporting CP loss againsst CSKA Moscow at the UEFA Cup Final 2004/05. I was at the stadium, sporting was winning with 30 mins to the finish... Even now im still ****** at it. My little brother and my cousin both cried, i almost did too.

Raul leaving Real Madrid...(awful to watch him at the press conference)
Enke's death....
Marc Vivien Foe's Death... (watched that live)

So you find United winning more sad than deaths?

No. But I'd rather not create a thread full of footballers deaths, so I thought I'd comment with something actual football related.

Adam Stansfield.

Shame to see such a great guy end his life early, feel for family and all involved in his life.

:(

Personally, when we got relegated, and the Liverpool FA cup final loss where two sad moments. But on a larger scale, the Foe death yes, former West Ham player as well, was a tragic and sad death.

Hillsborough Disaster. personal to me, as I lost an uncle there.

Losing 4-0 away to West Ham was fairly embarrasing, especially when you wear your man united shirt at the ground.
(just did saddest moments this season)

I think the Bradford fire because it was so close to home, I knew people who suffered in that...

Hillsborough, Heysel, Munich, deaths of players on the pitch like Foe, et al...

I don't think that there is any one 'saddest' moment, they are all tragic and upsetting in their own way, some people will feel the pain more than others.

By never forgetting, we keep the memories of those who died alive...

In hillsbrough just to think if I wasent born my Dad would have gone to that match