And On and On.

St Johnstone gave me a scare, going 2-0 up inside the first 25 minutes. My resilient captain pulled the team out of a hole to pull the score to 2-1. Myles Hippolyte made it 2-2 before half time. Flynn made it 2-3 and it looked as if I was going to walk away with stealing 3 points after a poor team performance. Alex Shalke put a stop to that with an 87th minute goal to tie the game at 3-3. Still, no loses yet, an the run continues.

Will You Remember, The Month of November?

November wasnt a very good month for the team. A long awaited tie against Celtic to prove my teams metal went badly- Celtic won 1-4. Flynn snatched a late goal.

A draw against Aberdeen allowed Celtic to enter the race again as they went top of the league. Cammy smith scoring for St Mirren with Jack Baird scoring an own goal.

A 3-1 win over Motherwell salved some sort of result from the month. Cammy Smith, Flynn, and Reilly all scoring.

December

December was another big month for my St Mirren side. We start with the monthly awards from the previous month.

Ryan Flynn was named player of the month for November. 2 goals in 3 games put the Buddies winger ahead of Lustig and Griffiths in the award winners respectively.

On loan midfielder Whyte was runner up in the League 1 Young Player of the month.

Now onto contracts. Myles Hippolyte was one of a number of players to have their contract renewed. Jack Baird, and youngsters O'Keefe and Erhahon also had their contracts extended. Porteous, Orr, Labyad and Whyte were also amongst the first set of extensions.

Celtic made it 3 in a row for Betfred Cup Titles.Their form in the League is also showing that they will be tough to de-throne.

And now to League News.

Buddies kicked off the month with a 4-1 win over Hibernian. Hippolyte repaying his gaffes fiath by scoring an early brace - one from a penalty. Quitongo and Mullen completed the scoring.

St Mirren came from behind to draw with Partick Thistle in a 1-1 draw. Mullen scoring Saints only goal.

St Mirren dropped more points in the title race with a 2-2 draw at Dundee. A flurry of late goals for both teams made for an entertaining finally. Reilly scored in the 83, for Dundee to score a minute later. Dundee thought they had won it on the 92nd minute through Ryan Hardie (who loves a goal against the Paisley side) only for Jai to continue his fine form in the 93rd minute to level the scoring.

A do or die game against Rangers followed. St Mirren had to win to keep any form of title hopes alive Ryan Flynn scored in the 74th minute to keep Saints hopes alive, only for Ryan Jack to level minutes from the end. Flynn however proved to be the saviour and scored very late on to seal the 3 points for St Mirren, and more importantly - keep title hopes alight.

With Celtic dropping points, St Mirren were presented with a fine opportunity to go back top of the league. A 3-1 win over St Johnstone done just that A Cammy Smith brace and a Magennis goal securing a valuable 3 points. The Buddies go top for Christmas. Unbeaten in 7.

Sadly a 3-3 draw against Hearts meant that St Mirren would not be top going into 2019. Hearts went 2-0 up for Quitongo to draw level just before half time with a double. Hearts took the lead again, only for Captain McGinn to equalise in the 84th minute. A Celtic win saw them retake top spot.

The final game of 2018 saw St Mirren take on Rivals Greenock Morton. With Celtic sealing the win in the earlier kick off, St Mirren knew a win would allow them to keep up the pace. Rangers were lurking not too far behind - it was still a 3 horse race. Quitongo scored early against his former side. Where would St Mirren be without his goals? It was 2-0 minutes later as Hippolyte found the net. Reilly made it 3 shortly after with a 24th minute goal. Ali Coote drew one back with his second half strike, but it was to be a consolation goal as McShane scored a rare goal to make it 4-1.

3 points separating 1st and 3rd.

Last edited:
January 2019

As a new year dawned, so did a new chance for a new Premiership Champion.

Celtic manager Rogers claimed the December Manager of the Month award with myself coming in second. Quitongo claimed the Young Player of the Month and Goal of the Month awards. On loan Miller claimed third in both the Young Player of the Month and Player of the Month and Wilson claimed Young Player of the Month for East Fife.

The board are incredibly pleased with my progress as manager. I have to say, i'm slightly surprised at how well this team has done. Getting this far fighting for the title, I kinda hope I do it! I never expected to be fighting this early into my Premiership Managerial Career.

The Scottish Cup kicked off for us and an easy 4-0 win over Cowdenbeath saw us progress. O'Keefe with a double, David and Oliviera also scoring.

In the league. Saints continued their winning ways with a 3-2 win over Kilmarnock. Reilly, Smith and Mullen all scoring.

Despite the strong fight, it wasnt to be at St Mirren lost 3-4 to Celtic. McGinn, Smith and Quitongo all scoring. Celtic draw 4 points ahead.

A 2-1 loss at Aberdeen saw Celtic draw 7 ahead. Quitongo scoring again.

I can see my title hopes slipping away.

February - A Glimmer of Hope.

February had to be a big month. If I was to have any sort of hope, I had to rally the team and do well.

We started well against Hibs. A 2-1 win with goals for Reilly and O'Keefe (who was filling in for the injured Hippolyte)

Quitongo claimed a hat-rick and Reilly continued to score in the 4-0 demolition of Motherwell. With Celtic slipping up, their lead was down to 4. A glimmer of hope.

I needed a good win against Partick Thistle to have any hope. And I got it. 6-3 A Reilly Hat-rick, an O'Keefe brace and a rare Gary Mac goal. A Celtic draw took their lead down to 2.

St Mirren took a break from league duties with a Scottish Cup 5th Round game against Thistle. Another big victory - 5-2 - took The Buddies into the next round. 5 goals, 5 different goalscorers - Quitongo, Smith, Mullen, Gary Mac and Flynn.

O'Keefe has been in fine form since coming into the squad, and netted another 2 goals against Rangers as St Mirren fell to a 4-2 defeat. Celtic win took them up to 5. I still had hope. Just a little, but there was a chance.

March - Light at the End of The Tunnel.

O'Keefe's 5 goals in 4 games earned him a double award. Player of the Month and Young Player of the Month. Jai and Gavin also named within the top 3.

Just to show the form Quitongo has provided my team with here are his stats

22 games, 13 goals, 13 assists and 6 Man of the Match Awards - Not a bad return for a free agent.

Reilly, Quitongo and O'Keefe continued their form with goals in the 3-1 victory over St Johnstone.

Saints found themselves through to the Semi Finals in the Quarter final victory over Dundee. A 5-1 demolition made the game look easy. Saints fans getting used to high scoring games. A Reilly double and a Quitongo hat-rick. St Mirren to play St Johnstone in the Semi Finals at Hampden. Celtic dumped out the cup by Hibs. No treble this year.

Victory over Dundee again with goals from Oliviera and Reilly made it 2-0. The gap still at 5 points.

St Mirren had the chance to reduce the gap to 2 points with a win over Hearts. With Celtic not playing till the following day against Aberdeen. Saints duly capitalised and who else but that forward 3 of Reilly, Quitongo and O'Keefe (2) in a 4-0 win. Celtic would lose 3-2 to Aberdeen the following day. 2 Points.

April - Down to the Wire.

April was an important month for Rangers, Celtic and St Mirren.

O'Keefe, once again, claiming a double award with his 3 goals in 3 games, I claimed my 10th manager of the month award (Achievement Unlocked) and Reilly found himself as runner up for goal of the month

Greg Morrison has been scoring for fun with Peterhead - 11 goals in 22 games. I may bring him into the fold next season at this rate.

A strong start to April for League action. A 2-4 win away from home against Kilmarnock Reilly, O'Keefe, Gary Mac and the returning Hippolyte. With Celtic winning, the gap remains at 2 points.

The big one. Celtic. St Mirren haven't beaten Celtic all season, and badly needed at least a draw to keep the dream alive. It was to be a dream start. A low driven cross by Quitongo hit the outstretched leg of Simunovic to make it 0-1 to The Buddies. Griffiths quickly Silenced the away crowd with his 17th minute effort to level the scoring. 1-1. Sinclair made it 2-1 shortly before half time. A defensive mix-up allowed the English winger to capitalise and put Celtic ahead. Ryan Flynn kept Buddies hopes alive with his 62nd minute leveller only for Rogic to shatter the dreams to make it 3-2 in the 64th. Minute 85 - Enter Gavin Reilly. The man had done it on so many occasions before, could he do it again. Could he keep the Title winning hopes of Buddies around the world - Hi David in Canada, Brian in South Africa, and Steven in Australia.

86th Minute - nothing

87th Minute - Celtic hit the post and cross bar

88th Minute - nothing

89th minute - nothing

5 minutes on the Board.

90th minute - nothing

91st minute - nothing

92nd minute - nothing

93rd minute - GOAL!!!!!!!!! He's only gone and done it! Gavin Reilly had levelled the game with a wonderful 30 yard strike! Its all square here at Celtic Park. St Mirren have hope. They believe. Can they hold on?

94th Minute - Celtic have gone and hit the post again! They're searching for number 4. They want to kill off the title challenge. They want to kill of the hope, the believe, that hunger that these St Mirren players are showing. St Mirren are sitting deep. They are fighting for their lives here.

95th Minute - Its off the line! Gary Mac might have just saved St Mirren's hopes.

96th Minute - St Mirren on the break, they smell blood. They've never beat Celtic before this season. Can they do it now. McGinn, passes to Reilly, who passes back to O'Keefe. O'Keefe!!!! Wide.

Full Time.

Still a 2 point gap.

Morton were clinging on to their Premiership survival when they visited St Mirren Park for the final time. Oliviera made it 1-0. Reilly made it 2-0. Oliver made it 2-1. Hippolyte made it 3-1. A late Jack Baird red would make for a difficult next game. With Celtic being held by lowly Motherwell, it was level. 73 points each and all to play for going into the split.

The Semi Final

It had been a while since St Mirren found themselves this far in the Scottish Cup. In the end they made easy work of St Johnstone. Cammy Smith, Baird, and a Reilly hat-rick saw The Buddies win 5-2. They were in the final. Their first time since 1987 - when they last won it. Hibs had made it to.

Last edited:
May - Where is the Trophy Going? St Mirren Park or Celtic Park

The final month of the Premiership. 5 games remaining in what will be a thrilling title decider. St Mirren have surprised all. The bookies tipped them as favourites for relegation. Can they pull of a Leicester? Or will Celtic make it 8 in a row?

With Brendan Rogers departing Celtic in their hour of need for a bigger paying job - Inter Milan. St Mirren spy their chance to win the league. April saw me win my 11th manager of the month award for the Month of March. The first game of the Split saw me take on Celtic, at home, in what was to be a massive game for the title. I still haven't beaten Celtic in the League, but have managed to fight tooth and nail to level the points at 73 each.

St Mirren started with:

Samson
Naismith, MacKenzie, Davis, Hendrie
Magennis, Oliviera,
O'Keefe, Smith, Quitongo
Reilly

James Forrest dealt an early blow with his 26th minute half volley. 0-1 Celtic. As proven since coming into the first team, O'Keefe proves how vital he has been to with his second half goal. 1-1. Step up Harry Davis. Like in the 2017 Quarter final Davis scores against Celtic from with a header from a corner. Advantage St Mirren. Leigh Griffiths quickly levels and shows why he's one of Europe's deadliest strikers. 2-2

As the game enters the final stages it seems as if its going to end a draw between the two title giants. FLYNN. Ryan Flynn has given St Mirren the advantage. St Mirren have 1 hand on the cup. Could this be the game where St Mirren secure their first ever league title, and put an end to Celtics 7 years of dominance? Do we finally have a proven worthy rival to Celtic?

With that win, I am guaranteed a spot in the Europa League, but I want to be amongst the big dogs. The Barcelona's the Real Madrid's, the Bayern Munich's, Manchester's And Juventus'. I was also announced as the Player's Manager of the Year.

a 2-1 win over Kilmarnock brought me 1 step closer to sealing the title. Magennis scoring twice. With Celtic losing for the second time in a row, the gap between the sides moved to 6.

A 1-0 loss to Aberdeen allowed Celtic back into the title race as they defeated fierce rivals Rangers 4-2.

Captain McGinn rallies the troops as they get ready to face Partick Thistle in what could potentially be the title decider. Should Celtic fail to win against Kilmarnock St Mirren will be named Champions.

A decisive 5-0 win still wasnt enough for The Buddies to win the league, as Celtic defeated Kilmarnock 2-0. Goals from Quitongo, Reilly (2), Smith and Davis.It goes down to the final game - a point will seal the league.

Helicopter Sunday

Celtic claimed a 2-0 victory over Thistle, meaning that they needed St Mirren to lose for them to win on goal difference. A draw or better would see St Miren crowned champions.

It was a dream start for St Mirren as Myles Hippolyte found the net to make it 1-0. Magennis quickly made it 2-0 and the helicopter started to make its way to Paisley. A third goal by O'Keefe sealed the deal. St Mirren had pulled off the impossible. They had ended Celtics dominance in Scotland. They had prevented 8 in a row. They had won the league for the first time in their history. And they were going to the Champions League.

Writer's Manager of the Year

Last edited:
Dickson Does The Double!

Johnny Cochrane, Willie Reid, Alex Smith, Danny Lennon, Scott Dickson. What connects all these managers?

They all won a major honour for St Mirren football club as a manager. The first 3 won St Mirren's first 3 Scottish Cups. Lennon brought Betfred Cup Success and Me. Betfred Cup, Premiership Title, and now The Scottish Cup.

A dominant and Defiant 5-1 win over Hibernian saw The Buddies lift the Scottish Cup for the fourth time in their history. Goals from Smith (2), O'Keefe and Reilly (2).

Season 3 - Marching Into Europe.

So i'm now at the beginning of season 3. I'm amazed that my team have won the league with very little changes required. My plucky young players have put in a great shift - especially Reilly and Smith.

Last season I had to replace the assists and goals provided by Lewis Morgan. I think Quitongo not only did a great job of that from the right side of midfield, but significantly improved the squad. Its a big big loss for Morton, and a massive gain for me.

Hendrie was a great replacement for Stelios, and managed to keep Adam out of the team. Once again I will require another left back to replace the outgoing players. I managed to secure a pre-contracts for two left backs. Both of whom will provide significant cover for the Betfred Cup. Scottish Cup, Premiership and Champions League. I will also have my U20's playing in the Irn Bru Cup again.

Naismith has been simple outstanding, especially considering he hasn't had a lot of back-up in the event he gets injured. That is something I will need to sort. Again I will look to replace via the youth system first, if I cannot find someone who could do a job or do a job in the future, I will look to bring in a player, who can play back-up and develop.

Although Davis and Baird have done well over the past 2 season, I will need to bring as top quality a defender as I can. I will need to send the scouts out to identify the targets.

Midfield I am generally happy with. I have no intention to replace my captain, and Magennis is performing well. Cammy Smith could perhaps do with an understudy - again I will look to youth first. McShane has also chipped in with a good few goals and assists and Oliviera has been good. Flynn's advancing years may mean I may look to sell while I can capitalise on the money. Quitongo, in my opinion has cemented his starting line up role at the right side of midfield, and O'Keefe has broken through well from the youth system. If an opportunity presents itself I may take it, but i'm in no desperate need.

With Mullen departing for pastures new, I have Reilly and Morrison. Stewart will either be loaned out again or sold. I also have a number of good youth prospects coming through that can play in the centre forward position. Again I will look to loan these players out.

There are a lot of youth players in my side that had potential when I first took over, but haven't progressed. The youth squad as it stands is rather large and I will need to offload a number of them to balance the books.

I have also been picking up the odd free player over the course of the season and loaning them out so I am not paying their wages. These players were signed with the intention of being sold out to generate funds for other players to come in.

There is a fair bit of work to do to prepare this side, but I am looking forward to molding it again.