A New Season. A New League

Its the start of a new season, and once again i've arranged a load of friendlies to both prepare my side and generate finances.

We also have a lot of work to do on the transfer front. John Sutton retired and became my U20's manager, and Greg Morrison has came into the squad from Ross County on a free transfer. Ross Stewart has also returned from an unsuccessful loan spell at Alloa

I would like to put together a squad of 25 players with the following breakdown:

Goalkeeper - 3
Defenders - 9
Midfielders - 9
Forwards - 4

As it stands I have my 4 forwards in Mullen, Reilly, Morrison and Stewart. The rest I will look to loan out for first team experience.

Samson will still remain as my goalkeeper and I will look to bring David Wilson into the squad more. I will look to sell Ross Stewart. With Langfield retiring to serve as my full-time goalkeeping coach, I will look to bring in another goalkeeper to assist in tutoring Wilson.

In defense, I must find a new right back - I can still take out my option to buy Brandon if I wish, and I could attempt to bring Liam Smith back, both of which I will consider. I will also look at alternative Right back options to see what the market holds for me.

Left back - I will look to move on Stelios, although he served me well in the Championship, he doesn't have what it takes for the pace of the Premiership. Since Eckersley is getting on a bit, I will need to bring in a younger left back - either through the youth system or through a transfer if nothing is there.

In the centre of defense I will have MacKenzie, Davis and Baird. There are also a few promising youth prospects - some would say too many. I find myself luckily spoiled for choice in my youth system for centre halves.

In the middle of the park, Myles will take take a first team role with Ryan Flynn remaining on the right wing. Cammy Smith will stay as my CAM and McGinn and Magennis will stay in the middle. McShane will also play a vital role within the side. For combating the top 4 of the Premiership, I may need to bring in a defensive minded midfielder - a Jim Goodwin type role.

Due to my performances and fixture congestion the season before, the board have provided me with a budget of £350,000 which, for those who know nothing of Scottish Football, is a great budget to have!

As always, I will update you with my transfers both in an out.

Quitongo Signs

It was a player I just couldn't pass up on! Jai Quitongo signs for St Mirren from Rivals Morton. And the cost? Free - Morton let the mans contract expire.

Jason Naismith Baby!

It's the return of Jason Naismith to St Mirren as I manage to sign him from Ross County for £110,000.

Jason is a graduate of St Mirren's Youth academy who left St Mirren for County, not long after St Mirren's relegation. I'm pleased to bring him back to the club. Jason will fill the spot left by Liam Smith, who Hearts will not allow me to buy.

Betfred Cup Year 2

So its the time of the Betfred Cup Group Stages, and I've been drawn against, Ross County, Airdrie, Montrose and Berwick. This year I will use the group stage for my First Team Players to get them match sharp for the League, and then use my youth and fringe players to continue if I progress.

Unwanted Attention

As expected, my players have attracted a lot of attention with their league success. I've knocked back an offer for my captain and Dundee United are expressing their interest in Reilly. Kirkpatrick - a player I deep surplus to my requirements has already had an offer of 8k accepted by Dundee United and is expected to leave shortly, freeing up another £500 a week in wages.

Latest Offer

Hippolyte becomes the latest Buddie to have a transfer offer submitted for them. St Johnstone offered £135,000 for the young winger, however this was turned down.

Another Day, another signing. This time its young Frenchman Paul Mayer. Paul looks an excellent prospect for the future. His stats are already good for a player in the Scottish Leagues. This one I like the look of!

Betfred Cup Results

I am incredibly impressed ith my teams performances in the Betfred Cup. I thought Ross County would be the toughest opposition, and despite going a goal dow, I made off with the 3 points with relative ease. Hippolyte was injured in the first game and as a result Quitongo came on to make an immediate impact. I have been impressed with hism - switching Flynn to the other side in the process.

Cammy Smith has been flawless again, scoring 4 goals in 3 games - matched only by Quitongo (4 goals, 3 assists in 4 games)

Kwarko has also been outstanding. Despite not playing much the previous season, he has shone in the team. I have a feeling that this season is going to be really good.

I've been tipped at 1000/1 to win the league, and I'm made out to be joint favourites with Morton to be relegated. Oh how the bookies underestimate me!

I also continue to reject job offers from English Championship sides left right and centre, with Wolves and Bristol the latest.

Teams continue to bid for my players, and I continue to reject them. The offers have been too low for my valuation of my young players.

Last edited:
Nice to see you got promoted, especially nice to see Morton managed it as well, hopefully your game predicts the future :p

Good luck stopping the ten in a row, going to be a challenge

Baby Steps In The Premiership

With Dundee dispatching Morton in the opening game of the season, it was the turn of the other Championship club to have a go at a top flight side. Aberdeen were the opponents, St Mirren could only have asked for a tougher opener against either of the Old Firm. It wasn't going to be easy.

The first half was shaky. St Mirren's defense appeared nervous, giving away the ball far to cheaply. Passing from midfield wasn't great either, so the service to Reilly wasnt great. But they made it through the first half without conceding - 0-0.

I brought the squad in at half time. Jai was tired. It appears the Betfred Games had taken its toll on him, but there was no-one to replace him with. O'Keefe and Flynn were both injured. Hippolyte was already playing, and Morgan was warming the bench at Celtic. He just had to dig deep.

Naismith was playing well, nervous, but well. I told the Captain he had to do better, he had to be a leader, and Christ did he deliver.

The team came out firing in the second half, and Jai found his second wind. Twisting and turning. There was just 1 thing missing, a goal. It didn't come and the game ended 0-0. But St Mirren had survived. St Mirren had challenged. St Mirren had dominated. St Mirren were now a Premiership side!

Brave Young Buddies

The second round of the Betfed Cup saw Partick Thistle play host to The Buddies. As promised, I went with my young squad. Thistle scored early, but it was disallowed for offside. As with the Aberdeen game, The Apprentices looked nervous. Same again at the second half, I looked to McGinn - the only first team member playing and my club Captain.

Second half the team fought hard again, penning THistle back into their own half for much of the game. But that elusive goal didnt come.

Extra Time and much the same as the second half. The Brave Buddies fought hard to find the net, but still, it didnt come.

Then disaster, Miles Storey found the net after a misplaced backpass to Wilson t make it 1-0, and as hard as my team fought, they couldnt find that goal! The Young Buddies fought hard, but they went out the cup. That first goal still waits.

Well, Well, Well....

Motherwell were the next side to visit The Paisley 2021 Stadium. Known for their physicality they wouldn't be easy opponents.

As I sat in the dressing room with the players I could see Hippolyte was up for this. He wanted they 3 points. I knew I would win.

In the 29th Minute my faith was rewarded, Hippolyte broke through from a Motherwell corner, played in by The Captain. Myles calmly slotted past goalkeeper Carson. There it was, that first Premiership goal. And it opened the floodgates for what would be a defiant and dominant performance.

Myles made it 2-0 shortly before half time with a header from a corner. Quitongo providing the cross. It was St Mirren 2-0 Motherwell, or if you like Hippolyte FC 2-0 Motherwell.

I told the team to carry on as they were during the break. Why change a good thing?

As much as we dominated in the second half, we couldn't find the net, Until the 86th Minute. Gavin Reilly with a fantastic long range shot was well out of reach of the outstretched Carson. 3-0 Saints.

Myles, once again, twisting and turning, found Quitongo inside the box. This time there was no goal, there wasnt even a shot. Kipre brought down Jai, and the man in the stripy top blew his whistle. Penalty.

Who else would take the penalty, Myles Hippolyte. Sending the keeper the wrong way, Myles completed his hat-rick, and the scoring with his 93rd minute goal. St Mirren 4-0 Motherwell.

I was now up to 5th Place, while Morton and Motherwell were still to register a point. I would also like to point out that I have an ongoing spat with Jim Duffy. The Morton gaffer tipped me for favourites ahead of his side for relegation. How wrong he looks right now.

Last edited:
The Last of The Summer Signings.

Before the deadline. I made 3 more signings. I spent time looking for another goalkeeper. Stewart still hadn't been sold, there wasn't really a lot of interest. However, he wasnt good enough to make the team and didnt have the potential to do so.

Instead I brought in Republic of Ireland stopper Danny Rogers. A young goalkeeper, with the right aspect to be a decent Premiership stopper.

Presented with the cheap option of Portuguese midfielder, Joao Oliviera, I couldn't refuse. £22,000 is a steal.
My hunt for a left back tool me a lot longer than I thought, an went right down to the wire. As such. Stelios is still a St Mirren player. It looked bleak with McGhee of Falkirk turning me down, and 2 other targets opting for other clubs. 2 hours before the deadline Hendrie, fell out with the Southend manager and I spotted an opportunity. 15 minutes before the window closed. I had my left back.

Last edited:
Rangers at Ibrox

I didn't have a lot of hope for this game. Despite their recent financial troubles, Rangers are still a top Scottish side. I I would be lucky to take a point at Ibrox.

Rangers struck fast, and struck relatively early. Alferdo Morales poked past Samson in the 21st minute and The Buddies didnt seem to have a response. At least not until the 40th minute. Stephen McGinn was a handful for Rangers last time he played them. Scoring the only goal in a 1-0 win that saw him earn his move to Watford as a youth with St Mirren. That goal sealed St Mirren's first win over Rangers for 27 long years.

McGinn's 1-2 with Magennis saw him standing at the edge of the Rangers box, in a perfect position to fire home. A hard left footed strike was sent flying towards the top right corner, only for Bruno Alves, to put his leg out, and sent it to the bottom left instead. Fotheringham was left helpless as he watched the ball roll over the line to put the score at 1-1. I wasn't expecting that.

I had reserved myself to a loss against Rangers. I had actually planned for it, I was going to bring on Joao on at halftime to see what he had. Magennis needed a rest and I was curious to see my new signing in action, afterall, we were going to lose anyway. It was Rangers.

If I didn't expect to draw level at Ibrox, I certainly didnt expect what happened next. We dominated. We penned The Gers into their own half so much that they didnt register a single shot in the second half. What was even more surprising was we scored! Oliviera, that man I was curious to see in action...What. A. Player. He turned the midfield inside out, and terrorised the defense, and he provide the shot that caused Candeias to score an own goal that would allow St Mirren to seal the 3 points.

Up to third now. Duffy on the other hand....

I haven't forgotten about this, just been busy. But there are big updates due over today, tomorrow and Saturday. Watch this space.

Revenge Sweet Revenge

St Mirren return to the Energy Check Stadium, looking to seek revenge on Partick Thistle. Last time the Glasgow based club ran out winners in the League Cup. Fresh off the surprise win against Rangers, The Buddies were determined.

First blood was drawn early doors with Cammy Smith putting St Mirren ahead after 7 minutes. Saints seized control as Myles Hippolyte doubled the advantage after 27 minutes. And it was game, set, match when Gavin Reilly made it 3-0 as half time fast approached

It's now top of the table for St Mirren after 4 games.

The Run Continues

Hibs were next to fall victim to St Mirren as they lost 2-1. A Gavin Reilly goal in either half securing the 3 points. St Mirren remain top.

And it Goes On..

Dundee were next to face the wrath of The Buddies. I have actually been surprised with how good my side have been. A 2-0 win with O'Keefe claiming his first Senior Premiership goal, and Reilly continuing his good goal-scoring run.

In a surprise turn of events. Morton have claimed their first victory - against Celtic. Morton off the Bottom, Saints still Top.

BREAKING NEWS: BREXIT

The UK have announced they will be leaving the EU at the end of the season. This will undoubtedly bring in restrictions to the players I will be able to sign in future.

In other news I'm in the top 10 for clubs producing Scottish National Talent

Last edited: