Staff Retained

I've also spent my time retaining my staff before their contracts expired. I've decided to retain all of the staff just now until I am able to recruit better staff As it stands, I do not yet have the required reputation to attract better staff.

More Contract Extensions

Contracts. Contracts for everyone!

Kyle Magennis has been outstanding this season, and with his prospect, it would be stupid of me not to offer him a contract extension. McPherson and Horne are two for the future and again, I would be stupid to let them leave the club as free agents.

Stelios has had a lot of transfer speculation surrounding him. Although he has performed well for me this season, he won't cut it for the Premiership. My intention is to sell him at the end of the season, and use the money to fund a replacement left back.

And Now...Back To The Games

St Mirren take a trip to Tannadice against the Bookies favourite for the League. Dundee united are struggling in the league this year, despite all expectations.

Despite their failings however, Dundee United were top of the League for 2 games. During that time Dundee United sent a tweet out with the following:

Hands Up If You're Top of The League
View attachment 58125
St Mirren fans had the perfect response.

[video=youtube;7LmSuSqfFLA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LmSuSqfFLA[/video]

No Gulf

Dundee United skipper claims that there is no gulf between current league leaders and Dundee United. Dundee United are struggling this season, and find themselves just clear of the relegation zone.

The Game

Dundee United had made a lot of noise prior to the game, and they capitalised early. Thomas Mikkelsen scoring in the 27th minute to give the Tangerines the lead.

St Mirren, however, would not be silenced. Captain McGinn, grabbed The Buddies off the canvas with his low strike into the bottom right to make it 1-1.

St Mirren wonderkid Morgan made it 1-2 to the visitors with his wonderful free kick!

Dundee United pushed hard, and hit the post. But it wasn't too be and the gulf proved too much between the clubs as Ryan Flynn stole the ball and broke to make the score 1-3. St Mirren seal all 3 points and move 1 step closer to the title.

Once again, St Mirren fan had the right response.

[video=youtube;fjsAqfeuhTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjsAqfeuhTI[/video]

Last edited:
Let the Party Begin

View attachment 58107
Goalkeeping Coach Langfield with Lewis Morgan

View attachment 58106
Magennis and Stelios showing their respects to the late Tam McGarry - Father of Steven McGarry who won the League with St Mirren in 1999/2000.

View attachment 58104

View attachment 58103

View attachment 58102

View attachment 58101

View attachment 58100

View attachment 58099

View attachment 58098

View attachment 58097

View attachment 58096

View attachment 58095

View attachment 58094

Beating off Job Offers with a Sh***y Stick

It would appear my success with St Mirren is starting to attract the attention of other clubs. I have already had to dismiss links with Ipswich, Derby and Wigan. St Johnstone are the latest club to show interest in me.

Winning the league has its bonuses - not just playing in the top tier of Scotland. A cool £450,000 into the accounts will go a long way to improving the financial situation with my club.

Cammy Smith took the Fans Player of the Season award as well as the Young Player award, while Magennis took Best Goal.

The board are incredibly pleased with my performances as manager.

I also managed to beat the previous points tally achieved by the club.

Celtic Do The (Double) Treble

With Celtic continuing their dominance and reaching 7 league titles, I've decided to add to my challenge. Now that I have been promoted to the Premiership, I will attempt to prevent Celtic doing 10 in a row. Rangers and Aberdeen will also be there, but the challenge is very simple. Celtic must not do 10 in a row. Although Celtic have made history by being the first Scottish Club to do a double treble, I want to be the first Scottish Club to do 10 in a row.

The gauntlet has been thrown down.

Sutton Becomes U20's Assistant Manager

With Brindley leaving to become Arborath manager a gap was left to be filled. Retiring St Mirren Striker John Sutton was offered the role and accepted.

I'm delighted to have John back at the squad in a managerial role and so are the fans!